Can air bubbles kill a waterpump.

Pic:

IMG_1651.jpg

I'm gonna have to clean that dust out after I get done with finals....

Originally posted by Giblet Plus!
The thing is, you don't need barbs on the chevy caprice core. 1/2" id tubing slips right over the 5/8" tubing on the core. That saves you the restriction of 1/2" barbs with a true 3/8" ID.

I'd heard the same thing, but with the addition that you had to dip the 1/2" tubing in hot water to make it more pliable. Tried slipping 1/2" Clearflex over my 5/8" barbs on the heatercore I use and they wouldn't go.

Perhaps you're thinking about 1/2" tubing with thin walls?

Originally posted by AggieMEEN
I'd heard the same thing, but with the addition that you had to dip the 1/2" tubing in hot water to make it more pliable. Tried slipping 1/2" Clearflex over my 5/8" barbs on the heatercore I use and they wouldn't go.

Perhaps you're thinking about 1/2" tubing with thin walls?

No, I'm using 1/2" ID 3/4" OD tubing Clearflex 60 tubing. I did dip it in boiling water for a few seconds before sliding it over.

Originally posted by kronchev
thats a terrible temp...the proc is gonna melt OCed like that and not being cooled correctly...

125 F = 51 C

it's gonna melt?
I highly doubt it and even if it did, it would just give me a good reason to order a 2400-M...

Originally posted by kronchev
anyone who doesnt want to "fuss" with watercooling really shouldnt be attempting computers until they are ready to put time and effort towards learning how to do it.

I think u r full of s****. Where were you 12 years ago where there was no water-cooling for desktop computers? There was no need for heatsinks for crying out loud. It doesnt mean that people who dont want to mess with watercooling should not attempt to use a computer. Watercooling has nothing to do with computer knowledge or hardware knowledge. It just like saying that a plumers are the ones who really deserve a computer.

Originally posted by O_Agios
I think u r full of s****. Where were you 12 years ago where there was no water-cooling for desktop computers? There were no heatsinks for crying out loud. It doesnt mean that people who dont want to mess with watercooling should attempt to use a computer. Watercooling has nothing to do with computer knowledge or hardware knowledge. It just like saying that a plumers are the ones who really deserve a computer.

I was thinking more along the lines of 'only a plumber deserves a toilet'. :p

I have had 4 koolance systems(a 601, a 901, an exos, and my newest is a 725) I have also had A Vapochill premium, a prometeria and my friend has had several diy systems including a swiftech system with 120mm rad, With a waterchiller. Currently my system is outperforming HIS wc system and the vapochill I gave him a year ago, and here is why. The vapochills heating element failed 2 months ago.( a very cheap $2 part) however if the heater fails during operation(as opposed to when the unit is off) condensation will form and the board will fry...His beloved swiftech unit worked great untill he replaced the hard drive in his system and forgot to plug in the pump, do you smell something? Oh thats just the water in the blocks boiling as the system CATCHES FIRE. These two things could have been avoided had his system turned itself off when the sensor read 55c. I have also used tec's(a 226 watt unit with meanwell psu) These are very inefficient and not very safe. BTW to all those who state koolance doesn't use standard tube sizes. 1) Innovatek would disagree. 2) my koolance uses 3/8 3) 1/4 tubing tends not to kink as much a 1/2 tube.
I further submit that in owning 4 separate koolance machines and pushinh them well beyond their limits(using one exos to cool 3 computers, running 4 cpucoolers for my server board, etc) I have yet to have a pump fail, even though I use fluid xp which is more like oil than water. Oh and to those who believe that a cpu can overclock forever by simply reducing the temps. YOU ARE WRONG! Cpu's COULD overclock very well except that they contain cache built into the die that runs at full cpu speed, the problem with this is that like most memory it can only run so fast befor it starts making errors. Hence the reason some overclocks may run physically faster but the benchmarks run slower.
Also why multiplier locked extreme editions will not overclock as well as a non extreme edition. I am running a koolance because air cooling is loud, Zalman is only suitable for outdoor use, in alaska, during the wintertime. And because Although I can and have made diy systems, I prefer the simplicity and saftey of koolance systems. That being said I do hate their chipset/gpu blocks, merely because they are not as nice as my dd6800 block.
My main system.
p4 3.4E@ 4.3@36c with 2 copies of seti@home 100%load
xfx6800u@550core 1100mem@32c
p4c800e dlx with vdimm "droop"mod
2gigs of corsair xms pro ddr w/c with 2-2-2-5 timings
BTW All tubes in my box are 3/8"id with flowbooster midway between cpu and chipset block. The 725 comes with much upgraded pumps, radiator and dual 120mm fans.
Not bad for "CRAP"

Back