Building New System For Mother...Vista 64 disk scratched...Windows 7???

Headbust

[H]ard|Gawd
First, I dumped vista even though i have never had problems with it since day one. But i am the type of person that always wants the latest and greatest(the latter part i think does pertain to windows 7 so far)

Anyway...I figured i would give my mom my Vista 64 Ultimate, of course after building the system for an hour i cant boot nothing and after destroying a brand new hard drive(after getting frustrated and doing something stupid) I figured out the DVD ROM i had was dead, so anyway onto my story, my vista 64 disk is scratched to hell, wont install worth a damn, I know I can get copies(I did buy it legit and have my case and key) but i was debating whether to just throw windows 7 beta 1 on it for her. She does not do anything other than web browse. I would like her to get into online banking and stuff and paying her other bills online though.

I am using as my main OS system and so far it is flawless..Just want your thoughts on this

note to self: don't ever have this guy build me a PC.........

MS will ship you new media for $10 problem solved

You do know that some betas expire right? Though nothing is for sure, there is a very likely possibility the whole OS will stop functioning in the near future.

I also think Vista Ultimate is overkill as well, unless you got a spare license or need to remote login to fix shit.

You do know that some betas expire right? Though nothing is for sure, there is a very likely possibility the whole OS will stop functioning in the near future.

I also think Vista Ultimate is overkill as well, unless you got a spare license or need to remote login to fix shit.

Beta 1 is expected to expire in August, IIRC.

I say order the replacement media from MS (if it's a retail copy, if it's OEM looks like your SOL)

Under no circumstances, would I ever, ever, EVER install a beta OS as someone's primary machine, I won't even install it on MY primary machine. . .

Beta 1 is expected to expire in August, IIRC.

I say order the replacement media from MS (if it's a retail copy, if it's OEM looks like your SOL)

Under no circumstances, would I ever, ever, EVER install a beta OS as someone's primary machine, I won't even install it on MY primary machine. . .

Thats what copies are for, beta 7 runs nicely, its widely thought of being actually releasable the way it is, that is how good it is.

yes, and thats when you get beta 2, and then after that you buy the real thing when released.

Back