Budget MB for 7800gt

Hulk

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm on a budget and looking for a cheap motherboard for a 7800gt card.

I planned on going SLI later on but at the moment am thinking against it. I also had this MB in my mind when going SLI $110 - ABIT KN8 SLI ATX motherboard – http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813127225

Are there any decent boards that are 1/3 or 1/2 that price? i think ones that dont support SLI might be cheaper, any advice?

I personally think that the eVGA SLI board is the best bang for your buck SLI board. I heard it can OC fairly well, and you know eVGA products own.

See if you can get one from a member on the forum, or from a different forum. I've seen them go as low as $75 shipped brand new.

The 7800GT + eVGA SLI board combos floating around out there are probably your best bet.

I had a feeling that he already had the GT, or I woulda mentioned that too.

So yeah... if you already don't have the GT, then go for the eVGA 7800GT + eVGA NF4 SLI combo for $379... I believe @ the egg and @ ZZF.

g0dM@n said:
So yeah... if you already don't have the GT, then go for the eVGA 7800GT + eVGA NF4 SLI combo for $379... I believe @ the egg and @ ZZF.

I don't have the 7800gt yet. I'm torn between the $379 bundle you mentioned above or the pny7800gt+PSU+COD2 bundle...

I'm using the Biostar N4SLI-A9 with an eVga 7800GT the N515 edition and it works great. I paid $79.00 for the board and there have been no problems at all.

Chaintech VNF4/Ultra...budget board with good OCing options.

Hulk said:
I don't have the 7800gt yet. I'm torn between the $379 bundle you mentioned above or the pny7800gt+PSU+COD2 bundle...
Does the PNY have a good cooler? Are the stock clocks higher than that of eVGA? I personally love eVGA products.

I think the best 7800GT deal out is the eVGA 7800GT (model 516 - copper model with decently high OC), and very cheap. ZZF may still have it at $299 shipped.

You still looking in the FS FT section? Check out ebay, AT, and other forums as well. You can find a mint or brand new eVGA SLI board for $100 tops... probably in the $70-80 range.

kirbyrj said:
Chaintech VNF4/Ultra...budget board with good OCing options.

It may have the options but the board does not o/c that well from the benchies I've seen. Check out the Anand benches on the Chaintech. Not too good.

acroig said:
It may have the options but the board does not o/c that well from the benchies I've seen. Check out the Anand benches on the Chaintech. Not too good.

In fairness, that was from a while ago and subsequent bios revisions have helped it. I ran a 3000+ venice at 300x9, so it does the job.

Back