Brand New Opty 165 Stepping CCBBE 0610DPMW New "BB" Memory Controller

repoman0 said:
I think I know why mine won't do over 3GHz, forgot to change the ldt multi to 2 :rolleyes: Probably why it kept freezing at anything over 333 htt. Oh well, 2844 at stock is stable for almost 3 hours now compared to 1.5 last night, must be the AS5 setting in.
I don't know if that would do it, if you set it to auto, it automatically adjusts to the closest to 1000 for you, some of these ultra d boards are only good to 330 or so, my last ultra d I set up for a friend only made it to 325 before having problems without upping the chipset voltage to 1.7, the board I have now is good to about 350 though on stock volts.

Good point, I'm gonna go lower the multi and test for highest HTT.

edit: looks like my board is maxing out at 338 HTT, all stock volts. 339 resulted in losing video for a few seconds during boot, and freeze at the desktop, while 340 ended up freezing during boot.. this board sucks! I will try raising some volts to get some higher htt speeds to work, looks like this chip will probably max out my board :rolleyes:

repoman0 said:

edit: looks like my board is maxing out at 338 HTT, all stock volts. 339 resulted in losing video for a few seconds during boot, and freeze at the desktop, while 340 ended up freezing during boot.. this board sucks! I will try raising some volts to get some higher htt speeds to work, looks like this chip will probably max out my board :rolleyes:
too bad man, the only boards that really have super high htt are the experts it seems. did you try upping the voltage on it, my buddy's wouldn't do over 325 and after I upped hte voltage it did 335 with 1.7v to it, just a thought, it will heat up faster though

Yeah I got a whopping 1MHz up to 339 by upping the voltage. So I tried to gain stability at 340 by first raising the chipset to 1.6, no, 1.7, no, so I said forget it after that. 1.4 to LDT didn't get anything either

So max at stock 1.2/1.5 is 338, max with 1.3/1.5 is 339. Stupid board :( 339x9 is 3051, max I'll get on this chip. (though I've heard the CPU can limit HTT too? We'll see if it changes when the other gets here on Monday)

repoman0 said:
Yeah I got a whopping 1MHz up to 339 by upping the voltage. So I tried to gain stability at 340 by first raising the chipset to 1.6, no, 1.7, no, so I said forget it after that. 1.4 to LDT didn't get anything either

So max at stock 1.2/1.5 is 338, max with 1.3/1.5 is 339. Stupid board :( 339x9 is 3051, max I'll get on this chip. (though I've heard the CPU can limit HTT too? We'll see if it changes when the other gets here on Monday)

lol..see what the other person with the cpu gets and if he gets like 3.2ghz its time to buy a new board :(

repoman0 said:

I hear you, we can always hope for some 3 gig chips on stock vcore with unlocked multi's by accident :p that would make my month :D ;) my third one will be here monday too

Haha that would make my year, screw conroe

Anyway some weird stuff is up with my board/cpu combo, I'm thinking it might not like the 2x LDT multi.. I decided to stop going for over 3GHz until I get my fan to cool the pwm down, just go for moderate stuff at 1.4v. So I set 324x9 1.4v, boot up and BSOD at the desktop :confused: So back to 3x LDT multi and it's been doing fine. Though I lost video a little at the windows loading screen :confused: I think maybe my ram might not like CAS2.5 below 200MHz.. ah screw it, too nice of a day to be messing with computers.

:confused: :confused:

toddm27 said:
I hear you, we can always hope for some 3 gig chips on stock vcore with unlocked multi's by accident :p that would make my month :D ;) my third one will be here monday too
Dude, sig 10 lines max please.

repoman0 said:

nm saw you already raised the chipset voltage.

Right now My cooling is the wall Im running into. This chip and board has more to go.

Well ambient has been pretty high in my computer room. Temps are still kinda warm outside and the AC doesnt do much for upstairs.

I put a 120mm fan across the PWMs and dropped them from 49-51c down to 37c

Im doing this now at 1.475 its getting better.

Passed 25 minutes of Prime So far.

2935.jpg

CCBBE 0610DPMW. Temps seem to be just about the same as my 0534 chip, perhaps a degree or two less (temp controlled, but seeing 36C pop up every so often)
opty165ccbbe0610dpmw7cj.png

repoman0 said:
Yeah I'm gonna get a new board.. already have mine up in the fs section.

What are you gonna replace the mobo with?
Because have the same board and revision as you.

Well since he is hitting a FSB wall with his chip, If I had to guess Repo is going to go with the SLI-DR Expert or maybe a Venus if he wants to blow the $400 for one and can find it

Actually I've heard most Ultra-D AD0's will scale 400HTT easily.. I think I just got the ultimate dud. So I'm going with another ultra-d.. can't afford much else

edit:

:woot: 1.475 and 1.485 were both no-go

Thats a great result Repo.

Looks like if I want 3ghz on this chip I need water. Ive been wanting it anyway so its a good of an excuse as any to get it.

Got a final tally of what Im going with.

The CPU block you suggested.

BI Extreme 120x2
Radbox
DD D5 or MCP 655
DD Expert Chipset Block (Im sick of the noise from the chipset.)

Probally going to use 2 Medium speed quiet 120mm fans for the rad, should be ok since the rad will be outside of the case.

So you decided on the double rad after all :) I'd recommend a BIP2 or better yet MCR220 if you can afford it, instead of the BIX2. Those will work better with the low cfm fans you're wanting.. the MCR220 is in between the BIP2 and PA120.2 in performance, costs about $40 but you should be fine with the BIP2..

For fans I really recommend the yate loon's that j-mag sells over at XS, really quiet and decent airflow too. I bought 5, 2 for rad, 2 for case and 1 for pwm/mem coming on monday and I honestly can't tell if my rig is on or off half the time. A lot better than the 86cfm delta's I had while on air :eek:

Anyway this board is really pissing me off now, the HTT limit comes up even quicker on a 9x multi. Looks like I can only do 335 with 9x at 1.5v.. 336 was an immediate freeze in windows.. damn, probably a 3.1-3.15ghz chip with a good board

Hey, Im kinda new to OC, (I have a friend whom helps me out a lot, frequenter of this board). Any who I am about to get a Opti 165, looking for the best suggestions for mobo and cooling so I can OC this baby to around 2.7ish. We arent too thrilled for liquid cooling, but open to suggestions.

Thanks.

themulf said:
Hey, Im kinda new to OC, (I have a friend whom helps me out a lot, frequenter of this board). Any who I am about to get a Opti 165, looking for the best suggestions for mobo and cooling so I can OC this baby to around 2.7ish. We arent too thrilled for liquid cooling, but open to suggestions.

Thanks.

DFI Lanparty NF4-D mobo +/- $120 shipped and any decent heatsink these days will do, even the stock one will work if you buy retail

repoman0 said:
So you decided on the double rad after all :) I'd recommend a BIP2 or better yet MCR220 if you can afford it, instead of the BIX2. Those will work better with the low cfm fans you're wanting.. the MCR220 is in between the BIP2 and PA120.2 in performance, costs about $40 but you should be fine with the BIP2..

For fans I really recommend the yate loon's that j-mag sells over at XS, really quiet and decent airflow too. I bought 5, 2 for rad, 2 for case and 1 for pwm/mem coming on monday and I honestly can't tell if my rig is on or off half the time. A lot better than the 86cfm delta's I had while on air :eek:

Anyway this board is really pissing me off now, the HTT limit comes up even quicker on a 9x multi. Looks like I can only do 335 with 9x at 1.5v.. 336 was an immediate freeze in windows.. damn, probably a 3.1-3.15ghz chip with a good board

Good point on the Rads, I am going to have to buy one thats made for lower CFM fans. I really want the PA-120.2 but I'm trying to keep the costs down.

Are these the fans that you are talking about..

http://www.jab-tech.com/YATE-LOON-120mm-Case-Fan-D12SL-12-pr-3009.html

I can get 10 of them for around $47 shipped from Jab-tech. I need a few more extras anyway. (Im sick of the bearing noise on the Panaflows)

Preliminary results with my CCBBE.. Only had time to prime it for ~2 hours so far, highest temps are 49C at load, 32C Idle.

CCBE 0610DPMW Opteron 165
292x9, 2628Mhz @ stock 1.35 VCore
A8N32 SLI Premium
2GB G.Skillz HZ @ 3-4-4-8-1T and 238.9Mhz FSB (333 DDR Divider)
Arctic Cooling Freezer64 Pro

Something is stopping me from running it at ddr400 unfortunately :( I tried with some extra volts even and trying the DDR400 divider on this board gives me bsod's/registry corruption no matter what! I will continue testing but its not looking too good for the memory. The cpu itself has 2.8+ in it easily however.... Just ordered a couple more of these 165's from monarch as well so we'll see if we can get a gem hehe... Otherwise, off to ebay they go!

Edit: Might just sell this motherboard and pick up a DFI; I was initially worried about DFI's reputation for being finicky with alot of hardware but I'm starting to think it wouldn't exactly affect me as much as I thought it would.

My CCBE 0610DPMW is doing 2.7Ghz @ default voltage.
Prime stable.
Would probably go higher, but my SN25P fsb will only go to 300 :(
I guess I can live with it :p

repoman0 said:

Final result until the new mb gets here, hopefully tomorrow (already shipped)

thats a nice oc...your watercooling is doing amazing :D

Thanks man :) Finally came to some use, since it got me nothing on the 0550vpmw I had :confused:

ordederd yesterday, hopefully i dont get some random stepping from the corner of the warehouse

repoman0 said:
Newegg only has retail, which probably are ccbwe 0607 or something of the sort
Two weeks ago I ordered from the Egg and they sent me this-CCBWE 0607 UPBW

Over 310 HT so far and climbing stock cooling. When I get max stable will post details.

Back