Brand New Opty 165 Stepping CCBBE 0610DPMW New "BB" Memory Controller

Max I have seen for temp is 44C, which isnt too bad. As for parts it is a DD TDX CPU block, with a DD NV78. Pump is a Hydor L35, Rad is DD Black Ice Duel 80MM.

highest i can get my CCBBE 0610DPMW is 2.88ghz, any help getting higher??

Gabe3 said:
highest i can get my CCBBE 0610DPMW is 2.88ghz, any help getting higher??

can you possibly give us more info as to what you've tweaked and what type of cooling you have?

WoWchamp said:
Anyone know if the OEM opterons from monarch are still 0610's???

Mine shipped today, scheduled to be here thursday via fedex 3-day, so I'll let you know thursday? :p

Least said:
can you possibly give us more info as to what you've tweaked and what type of cooling you have?
I have my vcore at 1.5v, ram at 150 devider, I have a heatsink like the zalmon copper finned one. my ldt is on 3x, I could never get it to be stable at 2.9ghz, and 3ghz wouldnt even boot, I tried lowing my ram speed way down to 133 devider, I put my ldt on 2x, vcore on 1.55v, chipset I think I tried 1.7v, I also tried 1.4v for ldt, never could get it stable though.

btw what bios are you using? Iam using 623-3. is yours also the CCBBE 0610DPMW stepping like mine?

So???

Is monarch still shipping 0610's???

And where/how are people getting 0615's, are they retail or oem???

Got mine today, which was ordered this past friday or saturday, can't remember. Anyway, I got another of the golden steppings, CCBBE 0610DPMW :D :D :D

waltherone said:
Got mine today, which was ordered this past friday or saturday, can't remember. Anyway, I got another of the golden steppings, CCBBE 0610DPMW :D :D :D
sweet, got the same stepping also ordered from monarch, I've had mine for about a week now, was stable at 2.88ghz, took a 2 day break from ocing and now back at it, got some info from people who have theirs at 3ghz

Not sure if its fully stable but I think it is, I had to raise my max async to 10, before it wouldnt even boot past 2.95ghz

cpuz14ou.jpg

Just to add another data point....

Opteron 165 CCBBE 0610DPMW

Haven't really spent much time with it but it's rock solid (18+ hours on SP2004) @ 2.7GHz at stock voltage.

Other System Info:

DFI Lanparty UT nF4 Ultra-D (BIOS 6.00PG)
AMD Opteron 165 (CCBBE)
G. Skill PC 4000 (2x1GB)
Connect3D ATI Radeon X800GTO PCI-E x16
SB Live Value!
WD Raptor 74GB SATA
Hitachi Deskstar 250GB SATA X 2 (STRIPED)
Pioneer DVR-106 PATA
Adaptec 2940U2
Exabyte VXA-3
Intel SC5275 Case w/ 600W PS & Hot SATA Backplane

-Adam

well I couldnt get 3ghz stable, could it be another memory setting holding me back? when I went to play bf2 the computer would restart, or if I tryed to run 3dmark05 it would freeze during the first test, I tried different max async and read preamble settings but nothing got 3ghz stable, any ideas fellas? I think iam close because it was only unstable when gaming, I used alot of my desktop, like watching videos, browsing the web and it didnt have any problems

Gabe3 said:
well I couldnt get 3ghz stable, could it be another memory setting holding me back? when I went to play bf2 the computer would restart, or if I tryed to run 3dmark05 it would freeze during the first test, I tried different max async and read preamble settings but nothing got 3ghz stable, any ideas fellas? I think iam close because it was only unstable when gaming, I used alot of my desktop, like watching videos, browsing the web and it didnt have any problems

Sitting on your desktop watching videos and browseing the web doesn't even come remotely close to stability testing. You need to be running dual iterations of Prime95 Small and Large FFTs with it set up for one iteration to run on each core. If your system is stable it should be able to pass for at least 6 hours without an error.

burningrave101 said:
Sitting on your desktop watching videos and browseing the web doesn't even come remotely close to stability testing. You need to be running dual iterations of Prime95 Small and Large FFTs with it set up for one iteration to run on each core. If your system is stable it should be able to pass for at least 6 hours without an error.

then again, there's still the possibility of his games being unstable even if it is prime stable :rolleyes:

burningrave101 said:
You dont need to reply to my post on two different forums

Gabe3 said:
You dont need to reply to my post on two different forums

Well you dont need to ask the same question on three different forums then :p. The replies benefit others reading the thread as well outside of just you.

Least said:
then again, there's still the possibility of his games being unstable even if it is prime stable :rolleyes:

Its a possibility but if he can make it through 6-8 hours of Prime and he is running the right tests then its not too likely. It could be other things though like the memory controller and the RAM if he isn't running Large FFTs to stress the MC the most and something like Windows Memtest to test a large percentage of the RAM.

HOLY CRAP

that ninja was hard to mount. my fingers are all cut up from the thing, it took me well over and hour. iam about iam about 4c-5c lower then i was before idle, and about 9c lower then before load. so now my temps are 34c idle, 52c in dual priming. before i was 38c idle, 62c load.

lol, this thing is touching my 80mm window case fan, and i had to clear my hard drive wires out of the way to fit the 120mm fan on the side of the heatsink

anyway, i'll get back to ocing soon and try to get this stable at 3ghz

lols it takes me 1.62v to get 3ghz stable
what a crock

i just run it daily at 2.8 with 1.4v

got one thursday from monarch. highest was 2910 when i took it to work and had a 10in fan on it. Currently did [email protected] and now trying 305htt at 1.42 since my room is over 80 degrees. Dont think this will do 3ghz, maybe next winter.

It is amazing CPU, he come yesterday and today I install, I gain 2,700 in stock volt, the temp dont pass over 40°C, I can have 2.041 points in cpu 3dmark06 with my old 4000 i can only 1.000, gentlemans this a Incredible CPU. more speed than fx60 with excelent prices, thx Monarch..ROOOOOOOXX

andersondiaz said:
It is amazing CPU, he come yesterday and today I install, I gain 2,700 in stock volt, the temp dont pass over 40°C, I can have 2.041 points in cpu 3dmark06 with my old 4000 i can only 1.000, gentlemans this a Incredible CPU. more speed than fx60 with excelent prices, thx Monarch..ROOOOOOOXX
somes pictures

yea my 0610 is probably THE most bang for the buck product I have ever had the pleasure of owning

*specs in sig

so is this better than buying a X2 4400 , please help , i need to know.

nooh said:
so is this better than buying a X2 4400 , please help , i need to know.

keep in mind, the opty165 @ default is 1.8 and the 4400 is 2.2
when overclocking, the max multi on a 165 is 9x on the 4400 its 10x. x2 4400s aren't known to clock very well, most max is 2.7. If i were you do a little research first...

I just wanted to touch on the "stock voltage" performance of my Opty 165. It is a CCBBE & I was able to clock it to a stable 2844 Mhz. on stock voltage. I am at work right now so my screen shot will have to be posted later...sorry

First off my rig consists of a 165 CCBBE that I received from ZipZoomFly back in April/May.
Abit AN8 32x (which I have been ever so happy with)
Corsair TWINX2048-4400PRO
2 XFX 7900GTX's
Raptor 36Gb.
Creative X-Fi Xtreme Music
( & my secret weapon), the Nautilus500 from Corsair.

Anyway, Even though my ram is rated for 275mhz. I have not had luck keeping it stable there, even at it's rated 2t spec. So, I of course pulled in the memory divider to 333mhz. pulled the transfer from 5X to 4X & used the uGuru software to boost the bus.
Getting all the way up to 316mhz. on my bus before I needed to increase voltage. The 165 was stable at 316 but, would crash instantly at 317. I have no desire to kick up the voltage, so I am not sure exactly where it would end up but, I am pretty sure 3.0Ghz. would be within reach.
I will post a screen shot later when I get home, just for those who may be interested.

Back