• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Bought wrong Kingston HyperX Ram

Zukker

n00b
Joined
Sep 27, 2008
Messages
31
I posted earlier about using Kingston HyperX Fury and HyperX DDR3 memory together. I thought I had bought another 2x4GB of identical Kingston HyperX black to match what I have in my computer. I actually bought Kingston HyperX Genesis. Same number except the Genesis model has an X at the end and I missed that.

The main difference is the HyperX is 9-9-9-24-33 while the Genesis is 8-8-8-24-35. I have both sets installed and ran Intel burn test (passed at 5 x) and have player BF3 with no issues. Computer seems stable and runs just fine.
The overall settings according to CPU-Z is 9-9-9-27 which is at the lower settings which I am okay with.

Will there be any major problems with running these two sets of 8GB ram?

Thanks in advance!
 
No issues with this whatsoever as long as:
1) it's running at the lower RAM speed OR it's running stably at the higher RAM speed
2) you are okay with it

I've ran mismatched RAM before in a C2Q system, 3 RAM slots with a 1GB stick each, and 1 with a 2GB stick with different timings without issues
 
I don't see it as a problem. Make sure the same style sticks are in the same channel.
 
Ive run different brands and timings before, no problems.

One matched set in channel A and the other in channel B.....:D
 
The issue with mismatched ram is usually failure to boot and crashes, so if your computer is running stable then just be happy about it imho.
 
Back
Top