Both versions of MGS V coming to Steam.

finally got around to playing tonight...finished the lengthy prologue and am now in Afghanistan...I like the character customization but I don't understand something...I don't seem to be playing as the character I just customized...instead I'm playing the other Boss character...what was the point in customizing him if I don't get to play him?...or is this a bug or maybe I get to play him later?

Fairly certain its for the FOB online stuff.

Fairly certain its for the FOB online stuff.

I just did a Google search...

apparently the character customization is a Hideo Kojima gag...it's not real...you're stuck with your original face no matter how you customize it...the doctor gets killed before performing the surgery

Has anyone activated an Nvidia code since the game's launch (ie not during the pre-purchase period) and still it included the Venom Snake Emblem, Mother Base Staff package and other bonus goodies? I've been told that the Nvidia codes are valid for another few days at least, so I was thinking about getting one and asking for a refund on my direct-from-steam pre-order. I know I'll be losing the extra Ground Zeroes copy, but since I already have the game that's no issue. However, I do NOT want to lose access to Venom Snake Emblem and any other bonus goodies. Thanks!

Well...first impression not so great. Tried to enter my name and none of the letter or number keys work. Only a few random symbols and those aren't accepted. WTF?

I had to force close the game.

Shitty keyboard/mouse control is a traditional hallmark of a poor port. It is definitely a highly weighted variable when judging a port's quality, IMO. After all, the keyboard and mouse are the preferred input controls for the vast, vast majority of PC games (perhaps except racing and flight sim games?).

Someone tell me how it is. Mouse/keyboard are my preference for a shooter.

I'm spending a lot of time in the first village (Wialo Village) remapping keys and just getting used to the controls and gameplay...I had to remap a bunch of keys that I see myself using frequently (Radio, Binoculars etc)...I'm impressed with the Day/Night cycle...each cycle seems to last a long while...any way of resting or forwarding time?

Is it just me or is the mouse camera movement really jerky?

Still, got through the Prologue...damn this game is crazy. :D

I'm spending a lot of time in the first village (Wialo Village) remapping keys and just getting used to the controls and gameplay...I had to remap a bunch of keys that I see myself using frequently (Radio, Binoculars etc)...I'm impressed with the Day/Night cycle...each cycle seems to last a long while...any way of resting or forwarding time?

Someone said something about smoking the Phantom Cigar to move time forward.

Someone said something about smoking the Phantom Cigar to move time forward.

Phantom Cigar?...I'll be on the lookout...the game does a poor job of explaining everything so it's up to the player to explore and discover things on their own (key info can be easily missed)...I found that when I'm lying prone on the ground, there's an action available which looks to put me to sleep but I can't tell and time doesn't seem to move

finally got to play this game for few hours
AND THIS GAME RUNS SO WELL THAT ISN'T SUPPOSE TO HAPPEN ON DAY1

Phantom Cigar?...I'll be on the lookout...the game does a poor job of explaining everything so it's up to the player to explore and discover things on their own (key info can be easily missed)...I found that when I'm lying prone on the ground, there's an action available which looks to put me to sleep but I can't tell and time doesn't seem to move

The Phantom Cigar is in your left item slot along with your night vision goggles.

The action available while you're prone is "stealth mode" which makes you harder to detect but you can't do anything while in this mode. It's good for when you're trying to get close and the enemy is about to look your way but you don't have enough time to find new cover.

Man, Geralt of Rivia looks better in this game. You know with the eye patch, metal in his head and a bionic arm.

Btw, absolutely loving the game. Just got to Afghanistan. Only played the intro. Haven't stared at a man's butt crack for 52 minutes in my life...

Man, Geralt of Rivia looks better in this game. You know with the eye patch, metal in his head and a bionic arm.

Btw, absolutely loving the game. Just got to Afghanistan. Only played the intro. Haven't stared at a man's butt crack for 52 minutes in my life...

This is why we can't have nice things.

I got the game but haven't installed yet, been busy playing Mad Max. I think I'll have it download in background while I get some work done, and play it in tandem...feedback seems very positive from what you guys are saying, outside of some of the keyboard button combinations, etc.

I have been playing with the keyboard and mouse so far. Are any of you guys using a controller? I was thinking about picking up a xbox one controller for this game if it is worthwhile. I feel the controls are a little clunky. The menus....definitely could use some work with mouse support.

I have been playing with the keyboard and mouse so far. Are any of you guys using a controller? I was thinking about picking up a xbox one controller for this game if it is worthwhile. I feel the controls are a little clunky. The menus....definitely could use some work with mouse support.

I highly recommend a controller. If I had to pick one - Xbox 360, although I know that the XB1 wireless adapter is coming in early Nov (you can play with it plugged in via USB until then).

Is there any reason for me to get a 360 controller when the xbox one controller is available?

Is there any reason for me to get a 360 controller when the xbox one controller is available?

Nope, should be pretty easy. Just plug in the XB1 controller to the PC using the micro-USB. Drivers should install but if not just run Windows Update and it will automatically pick up the latest drivers.

Should be good to go after that.

Anyone remember the MGS2 port for PC? Talk about bad KB/M controls... My god, that was something else entirely. 100% unplayable the way it was set up from what I remember.

Wired 360 controller is pretty cheap and it's never going to be a problem with a battery.

Wireless XB1 controller needs a USB cable to work with PC for now, with a wireless adapter to be released in November sometime. And you'll need batteries.

Wireless XB1 controller needs a USB cable to work with PC for now, with a wireless adapter to be released in November sometime. And you'll need batteries.

And it's Windows 10 only. Screw that.

Wireless = 360 controller
Wired = Xbox One Controller

They are releasing a wireless adapter for it, but it's not out yet.

Still have to get the adapter for the 360 Controllers. Last time I had to replace my original adapter from microsoft I found it impossible to find one that is OEM and not a Chinese knock off. Ended up having to buy the Chinese knock off, while it works I am always weary.

I am almost thinking a controller is the way to go...there is a fair amount of aim assist even with the mouse.

Still have to get the adapter for the 360 Controllers. Last time I had to replace my original adapter from microsoft I found it impossible to find one that is OEM and not a Chinese knock off. Ended up having to buy the Chinese knock off, while it works I am always weary.

I have two Chinese knockoffs I've been using for over 3 years. They're still working just fine. If you're weary get another knockoff as a backup they're less then $7 on ebay.

You can buy a Chinese adapter from dx.com (dealextreme). They are pretty reliable and cheap. I am still using my Chinese adapter for 15 bucks from 4 years ago. Sometimes need to manually install the drivers for it but not a big deal.

Works fine in Windows 7 and 8. Don't know about 10.

once you get past the Prologue and 1st Mission the game really opens up and becomes a 5 star gem!...hardest part is getting used to the wonky KB/M controls...the stealth is amazing...normally I don't like stealth play-throughs for an entire game but this feels different and is enjoyable and challenging...I never played any of the previous MGS games (except for Ground Zeroes) and I'm loving PP...the confusing backstory stuff is mostly optional and told through those cassette tapes so if you don't want to be bothered you can ignore it...for the hardcore fans you can listen to the lengthy tapes and get more out of it...plus they color code the important missions and tapes in yellow

You can buy a Chinese adapter from dx.com (dealextreme). They are pretty reliable and cheap. I am still using my Chinese adapter for 15 bucks from 4 years ago. Sometimes need to manually install the drivers for it but not a big deal.

Works fine in Windows 7 and 8. Don't know about 10.

Using W10 here, works fine, just have to do the manual drivers of course.

Ok so cansomeone help me out, in regards to mother base can you not actually interiact with iiiiiiiiiiiiiiOcelot/Kaz or any of the main characters?

I have been high aind low searching around the base , trying to find out where they are but I can not find them anywhere.

I thought it'd be like an rpg (IE dragon age) where you return to MB and you can go talk to them along with the new characters you bring in (like quiet, etc).

I started a new game as I wanted to do some things different...when it asks you for your birthday put in a date that is coming up in the next few days or next week...

CAn someone tell me how the rankings/codenames work?

I keep doing missions perfect stealth, no alerts, no kills or anything, yet at the end I always get codename chick and where it says "perfect stealth, no kills" I have 0 points, even though I did it that way.

CAn someone tell me how the rankings/codenames work?

I keep doing missions perfect stealth, no alerts, no kills or anything, yet at the end I always get codename chick and where it says "perfect stealth, no kills" I have 0 points, even though I did it that way.

I think the codename is a cumulative stat you rank up as you keep playing the game. So the more missions you complete the higher your rank is. I don't think it is indicative of how you did on that particular mission.

Well...first impression not so great. Tried to enter my name and none of the letter or number keys work. Only a few random symbols and those aren't accepted. WTF?

I had to force close the game.

This happened to me as well, but it seemed to be resolved by alt-tabbing out and back into the game. Luckily that has been my only real issue thus far.

The game plays very well with a 360 controller, though horse controls can be wonky at times. Anyways this game is amazing.

This happened to me as well, but it seemed to be resolved by alt-tabbing out and back into the game. Luckily that has been my only real issue thus far.

That didn't work for me, unfortunately. I closed the game and restarted (had to sit through the intros again) and it worked the second time.

That didn't work for me, unfortunately. I closed the game and restarted (had to sit through the intros again) and it worked the second time.

Also happened here.
Since I was on controller and it didn't give me a popup keyboard or anything, I tried my real keyboard and it did nothing. I walked away and did something for about a minute, and when I came back and hit the keyboard, it was taking input.
I have no idea what happened there...

Yeah I tried for several minutes, tried alt-tab, etc...it just wouldn't take. Eh, at least it took the second go around.

I dont know if im retarded but trying to exit mgs5 quickly fcking crazy annoying. i just want a quit to desk top button, god damn.

Back