Both versions of MGS V coming to Steam.

Nuclear disarmament scene was triggered in the game on PC on February 2, but no signs of the extra chapter or special assignments yet.

People are saying that it was a bug due to the online community reaching the maximum number of nukes and the number overflowed, possibly stored in an unsigned int32, and not because they successfully disarmed them all.

I haven't played in so long, but I really enjoyed FOB, sunk 900 hours into the game, probably disarmed 100-200 nukes myself. But that's hilarious if the nukes rolled over to 0 because of all the cheaters. My only problem with the game is I think they released it prematurely because of the Kojima fiasco. I wish the missions in chapter 2 were more developed like chapter 1.

There were what, 3-4 missions in chapter 2? The intro video to it was almost as long as the content (sarcasm). Clearly there was at least meant to be another 2-4 missions and some long cut scenes. After watching the cut endings it does add some closure. Because the way it ended with some very notable events and then not ever following up with what became of them was very unfulfilling.

Started playing Phantom Pain 1-2 weeks ago, ~25 hours in and I'm getting frustrated. I want to be stealthy, but I swear some sht is scripted on the fly to F you. There is always going to be some unmarked MF'er appear out of nowhere that spots you and you're not going to be able to shut him up fast enough. Maybe I need to work on taking out communications devices at each site, I don't know if that's even possible without drawing attention to myself.

I was told that if I wasn't stealthy enough throughout the game, I'd miss out on some missions at the end, but at this point I almost don't care and I just want to murder most people and abduct the rest that have good rankings.

I really don't want to spend an entire hour casing a site, then another hour creeping around quietly removing enemies. Is that the game or am I doing it wrong? I think my crews are around level 17, I definitely don't yet have access to any wacky upgrades.

Started playing Phantom Pain 1-2 weeks ago, ~25 hours in and I'm getting frustrated. I want to be stealthy, but I swear some sht is scripted on the fly to F you. There is always going to be some unmarked MF'er appear out of nowhere that spots you and you're not going to be able to shut him up fast enough. Maybe I need to work on taking out communications devices at each site, I don't know if that's even possible without drawing attention to myself.

I was told that if I wasn't stealthy enough throughout the game, I'd miss out on some missions at the end, but at this point I almost don't care and I just want to murder most people and abduct the rest that have good rankings.

I really don't want to spend an entire hour casing a site, then another hour creeping around quietly removing enemies. Is that the game or am I doing it wrong? I think my crews are around level 17, I definitely don't yet have access to any wacky upgrades.

The main thing you want is suppressed weapons and a good support partner. Quiet is great in that she can take people out without alerting guards, and DDog will do great as well. Also speed is key, go in, quickly take out guards on a path to your objective, then quickly exfiltrate. If you still have issues, choose a different point of ingress.

Pretty sure you can complete every mission without being seen or killing anyone other than the "boss" fights. I haven't played in awhile but I know all my play throughs were non-lethal with no detection. There was a bug in FOB where soldiers would spawn on you, I wonder if that might happen during story missions now. It didn't a few years ago, but they could have broken the game somehow with an update.

I am planning on picking MGSV back up soon myself - I finished Ground Zeroes to nearly 100% but TPP got into my backlog! I can't confirm this for certain but I THINK that some missions as well as mission objectives are unlikely to be done either stealth-ish/perfectly or at all until way later in the game. For instance, I remember reading about an early mission objective where you need to basically have the item that Fulton balloon recovery that works on tanks and other vehicles, in order to complete it! There's no possible way to do that when you come to it at first, so you're ment to come back to it later in the game and do it then. The same goes for other things that may be difficult/impossible to "perfect stealth" you way through, I hear.

I'll have to do more research if, to get an S-Rank on a mission, you always have to not only do every objective, but do it silently and possibly without killing anyone too, all in a very short period of time?! Alternately, there may be things that count one way or the other and I'm not sure if you can get "stacking" completions (ie you play the mission once and do it really fast, get a S-rank for speed. Then later you go through it and do everything very slowly not worrying about time but getting all the objectives so on #2 you get a C-rank for speed, but an S for completion etc. I'm not sure if this means that each category will stack or if you have to get all S's in each category in one playthrough in order for it to count.

I too am curious if the extra missions and special "no nukes" story and game content will be enabled properly - it would be nice if the devs would simply flick that switch on after all this time, so that late-comers wouldn't miss out on the disarmament opportunity content because of some player building a nuke again. If the community on the platform did it once, they should enable the content I think. Though personally, I really would like to see them actually add even more story/game content DLC to MGSV. It may be a nice way to make up for the crap they pulled with Survive's microtransactions if we got some of the "secret ending" stuff....

I believe this game to be pretty much done. I really loved it. For completing challenges, you can complete all three at once, if you can manage it. The issue being you don't actually know what the challenges are until after you have completed the mission first time. So you will tend to replay them all a lot, especially since some missions give certain types of Rewards and have certain loot available.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Steam is showing 60 hours on this for me and I just rescued those child soldiers... which I'm going to use as child soldiers? Kidnapping everyone else was all fun and games, but now I'm feeling conflicted about kidnapping and utilizing child soldiers... eh, I'll get over it. Big Boss is gonna put those kids out on the street to beg and steal, I can never have enough GMP. Can't believe I have ~60 hours already, the missions take quite a bit of time and you can bet I steal and destroy everything I can after I clear out an area.

I have a feeling I'm not using some things that could make the game easier; aside from your buddy, can you bring a team of soldiers with you on missions?

I haven't played in a while, but my recollection is that you don't put the child soldiers to use......they just hang around the base.

Back