Borderlands 3

That sucks. While I don't disagree with the cause, It's not like the release of a random video game DLC is going to affect anything except a bunch of people's weekend plans.

...I guess on the bright side, everyone still has a few more (days?) to farm cartel gear or iridium/money. At this point I don't think my drops are going to get any better considering how rarely Katagawa drops the Sand Hawk. Ditto with Traunt and Killavolt with their special drops. They'll probably nerf those guns into dust anyway. Gearbox has said they won't touch the cartel anointments, so that means they're going to have to weaken the guns themselves. Either that or get rid of certain anointments entirely for specific weapons. We'll know soon I guess.

It'll be interesting to see what this new raid quest is like. Maliwan was pretty damn challenging on the base difficulty. At least it was at the time, I haven't tried it lately.

Yellowcake

We discovered an unfortunate issue with the Yellowcake that effectively added an extra 100% damage beyond its intended output. We are fixing it today.

• Changed Damage Scaling – The wrong scaling math was applying to the Yellowcake, greatly increasing its damage beyond its intended value. We are changing it to use intended math.
  • Split Projectile Damage Decrease – We are lowering the damage of each of its split projectiles as they were overperforming as well.

The OPQ is a weird one. I feel like it's absolutely godlike on the lower difficulties, but it's not that OP in the upper ones. Especially compared to the Yellowcake and Sandhawk. My entire build used to be geared around Atlas rifle stacks and it still wasn't that amazing on M6-10.
Depending on how things work out, I might go back to my older setup, though.

The OPQ is a weird one. I feel like it's absolutely godlike on the lower difficulties, but it's not that OP in the upper ones. Especially compared to the Yellowcake and Sandhawk. My entire build used to be geared around Atlas rifle stacks and it still wasn't that amazing on M6-10.
Depending on how things work out, I might go back to my older setup, though.

OPQ and cold LOB are my primary kit with Flak/Fade. The Sandhawk was a boss only spammer to drop my cooldown on crit so I can use fade with OPQ/Lob or FFYL recovery. The yellowcake..... I'm either using it as a dolt or I just don't understand but it would be so random in its damage infliction. I'd hit a weak target in the face and did 0 damage. If I shot it off to the side it may or may not do damage. Other shots will 1 hit a boss and take 3/4 life away, usually when a mob tagret radiated explodes. I just stopped using it and can still clear, the now old M10, with ease.

My buffs right now are assualt rifle damage, shock damage (for the OPQ shock hit and my nade) and then bonus damage to cold effected targets (from lob since it passes through enemy packs). That plus the nade that boosts dmg 25% for 6 seconds. I never found a SMG worth a damn, the new changes may finally fix that so I can stop carrying a heavy. Way to slow of transition/reload for benefit in my play style. The OPQ's shock pulse does way more damage consistently, especially in mobs that are frozen.

The key to the Yellowcake at least was maintaining the right distance. You basically want to have the rockets split in front of enemies so that they get hit with the radiation explosions rather than the rocket itself. If you maintain that distance, it's like nothing I've ever seen before in any of the 3 BL games. If you're too close it barely hurts at all and if you're too far, it won't reach. Once you get used to that distance, it's just pure madness. It wrecks everything big, small, and in groups nearly instantly. Especially with AOE and heavy weapons buffs to your gear.
Well, at least it was. I probably won't get a chance to try any of the updated stuff out until this weekend.

Initial impressions: I went in playing with no changes to my kit post patch. 7993 opq with 200% fade dmg, yellowcake 42x1, cold lob and sandhawk.
- All normal game bosses are slightly easier on M10. Not a lot of course but I had to spend less time to kill them. Did Mouthpiece, Killavolt, Katagawa, Claptrap and Traunt multiple times.
- Normal mobs in M10 are about same in difficulty. Annointed's in Pandora and Lectra City died easier though.
- Sandhawk is still a heavy hit but at 3 rounds per shot, best saved for Bosses or FFYL
- Yellowcake is no longer a power house. Now I was never good with it but I spammed the world with it post patch and couldn't do anything with it. Even accidentally No longer in inventory. Note: I had no buffs for this gun.

Now the worst: The DLC is a BULLET SPONGE. Using all the weaps above in normal game M10 I can kill anything realitively quickly. Even at 1M+ OPQ dps I couldn't kill a normal mob enemy without 4-5-6 magazines of ammo using Fade's 400% dmg boost. I ran out of ammo even before progressing to the first checkpoint, with multiple bullet return perks. I never died/FFYL'd in the DLC, just had to spam spam spam spam normal mob types to get anywhere. No fun at all. Curious if you guys get the same experience.

Sounds like it's pretty similar to the first takedown mission. Will give it a try tomorrow. Will tinker around and see if the Yellowcake is still viable, too. I have a set of buffed gear that made it especially good, and I'm pretty solid at using it. If nothing else, I can't think of another launcher or even another class of gun that's any better. My other launchers are painfully slow and only decent for FFYL.

Fuck, jumping puzzles. I hate jumping puzzles, so count on getting your bank account drained be respawns. And low gravity, just like TPS............. On the other hand, the in initial section has some new legionaries. Oh, and kill the little orbiting things, they power the shields of whatever (new names, so not sure what they are called) they orbit.

I had 10 minutes to play around before work and I'm actually still happy with the Yellowcake. It's no longer OP'd as hell, but it IS still a good weapon. Splash damage is still good for crowd clearing and that first hit is still the most damaging thing in the game I've seen.
The key is that first hit of the 300%/90% is where all of your damage is coming from. Subsequent hits are weak by comparison. Against anything powerful it seems like a good idea to fire 1-2 shots and then swap to another weapon like the OPQ or Sand Hawk. I lucked into an artifact that boosts heavy weapon damage and Atlas weapon damage, so I luckily don't have to swap gear all the time.

I tried the new takedown on the default difficulty and the enemies are no problem. Clearly it isn't scaled super high for the default difficulty.
However there is still a lot of jumping and opportunity to die instantly from it. I made it to a boss of some sort and fell off a platform during the fight. It started me all over...so I bailed. Honestly, I don't think it was a very fun level. There's no humor, variety, or really anything compelling about it. Just waves of the same enemies on Nekrotafyo.

MH10 I can't get passed the 3 crystal puzzle with any of my very well geared characters. Got the closest on my Maya, but I was in a group of 4 and the only one alive, and just could not kill fast enough with it being scaled to 4 players. They're supposed to patch it next week to fix the enemy health. Hopefully they fix the drops too because from what I've seen they all suck except the Smog.

SO I've just been farming for weapons to help in the takedown. Got a few good backburners, some Monarch's, but all with crap anointments, and tonight I'll probably farm Wotan to get some stuff.

Honestly, I don't think it was a very fun level. There's no humor, variety, or really anything compelling about it. Just waves of the same enemies on Nekrotafyo.

I agree. This level reminds me of a Left 4 Dead type level. You have a timed based goal and hoards of enemies constantly respawning.

MH10 I can't get passed the 3 crystal puzzle with any of my very well geared characters. Got the closest on my Maya, but I was in a group of 4 and the only one alive, and just could not kill fast enough with it being scaled to 4 players. They're supposed to patch it next week to fix the enemy health. Hopefully they fix the drops too because from what I've seen they all suck except the Smog.

What is the patch supposed to address?

Playing solo, I had no chance of clearing M8 or higher as I simply ran out of ammo/time, my weaps are not top tier. I beat it on M3 without much hassle, that final boss battle is just dumb. I'll wait for the next major DLC and probably Level 60 level cap increase.

I agree. This level reminds me of a Left 4 Dead type level. You have a timed based goal and hoards of enemies constantly respawning.

What is the patch supposed to address?

Playing solo, I had no chance of clearing M8 or higher as I simply ran out of ammo/time, my weaps are not top tier. I beat it on M3 without much hassle, that final boss battle is just dumb. I'll wait for the next major DLC and probably Level 60 level cap increase.

https://twitter.com/Borderlands/status/1271846701418962944

1592168386640.png

I completed it on normal and honestly have zero desire to play it again, period. Too many of those stupid "stand on this square while we send a shitload of enemy waves at you" moments. Both bosses are lame "puzzle fight" bosses instead of heated shootouts. I got 3 new drops (a grenade, a rocket launcher, and an SMG) and 3 previous drops that were nothing special. This mission was lazy.

I'm just going to sit on the sidelines and wait for the new DLC instead of playing this mess again.

I get the disapointment for takedown at guardian breach, but I actaully appreciate that they are doing both storyline DLC and horde / endless wave stuff. I don't have much interest in the horde shooters, but it allows them to no worry about that segment of the fans when making more story.

I don't think the Takedown missions cost anything, so at least there's that. I just look at it next to the other smaller DLC's they've done (Maliwan, Halloween, Valentine's, Cartel) and it's phoned-in by comparison. This one in particular also seems to want you to play in groups considering how the crystal waves are setup. Tough to complain about free stuff, but it's literally the exact type of mission I dislike. I'm sure there are some folks that have been waiting for this type of level, too.

I (finally) finished the main storyline and all side-quests, but doubt I'll buy any of the DLC. Towards the end it just got so grueling and monotonous for me that I have no desire to play any more. Guess I'll give my self a break from it and see if I want to pick it up in the future.

I (finally) finished the main storyline and all side-quests, but doubt I'll buy any of the DLC. Towards the end it just got so grueling and monotonous for me that I have no desire to play any more. Guess I'll give my self a break from it and see if I want to pick it up in the future.

I think that I've finished the main storyline but have the sidequests to do still. I've just lost interest in the grind for now. I guess the past two just haven't lived up to the second one imo.

DLC is the best part I didn't care much for the main game except for a few quests it was really long and drawn out.

The irritating part was having to do it twice for each character. I quit playing because of that. They should just allow you to create level 50 characters after you beat it once.

Bounty of Blood comes out this Thursday thanks to Domingo just read it in a thread below. Not going to spoil it with the few videos up on social influencer media.

Supposedly one of the features of this DLC is a changing world. For instance, the people you meet and the areas you visit will react differently depending on what quests you have and haven't completed. Neat concept. Hopefully it doesn't lead to a "right/wrong" way to play the DLC or you otherwise miss out on things. I hate when games do that.

I don't know how well that would work with just a dlc after you have to go through most of the game without a decision tree built in from the start. Not sure how that would fit in a game like BL where it's just a "nuke 'em 'till they glow and shoot 'em in the dark" type of game. It would be neat, dont' get me worng, but it seems like it would be the wrong type of mechanic for BL-types of games. Maybe it will be a 'if you do this side-quest first, then the npc's react this way' mechanic.

"New Jetbeast Vehicle: A new living ride with attachable artillery. Unfortunately, its use is exclusive to DLC 3. "

See, if Scooter was still around the Jetbeast would be available on all the Catch-A-Rides. I miss him sometimes.

Edit: Downloading now, big update. Decent speed, tho.

Last edited:
The weapons seem to have scaled to the mayhem mode:

1593107964025.png

This was from the start, no idea how the drops will be going forward.

Thqat's the same price I paid for it three months ago. NOT A SALE worth getting excited over.

Eh, haven't been tracking the cost since I grabbed it when it first came out. Just saw it on the Steam sale.

Back