Borderlands 3

With the level cap increase I'm once again in need of a better Atlas rifle. My current one is still the best gun I have, but Mayhem 4 is a slog now. The level 53 weapons I've gotten just aren't keeping up with things like before. I've noticed that Freddie the Traitor seems to be a complete pushover now, though. So much so that my beast companion usually kills him alone or Freddie manages to kill himself with barrel effects. He was never tough before, but this seems almost bugged. His robot guards are as tough as ever, so it's actually wise to just grab the stuff he drops and then bail.

Is performance any better? I quit playing bc of low fps at times.

I think it got worse. The new patch was a giant step backwards. FPS drop, screen hangs and etc. I just tried a M3 Slaughterhouse, got to round 5 wave 2 and the game hard locked. I never had one before doing 2 full play throughs. If I was 16 again with a SNES controller that shit would have been thrown at the CRT.

I just got a class mod that drops my health to 1 but doubles my shield. Combined with a zany shield (that has some other nice effects), I now have a 29K shield. I could probably get it into the mid 30's, but some of those larger ones lack other functionality. No idea if this really matters since some attacks seem to drain it all, but it's at least funny to see.

In terms of performance and stability, I've never had a crash, but the game is a resource hog. The graphics don't really justify the horsepower needed to achieve them in this game. With the style of graphics use in Borderlands 3, I found resolution scaling to be an easy way to get some free performance. Unless you're looking side by side you won't really even notice, and you get to keep the visual effects like fog and explosions that do add a little pizzazz.

Well, I can finally just about get this. The unfortunate thing is that it comes out one week before Doom Eternal. Might wait to get BL3 until after a play or two of Doom. I guess we'll see how my patience holds up though. :D If there's a nice introductory Steam price, I may jump even if I don't play until after Doom.

https://www.shacknews.com/article/1...m-march-13-pc-crossplay-with-epic-games-store

Looks like crossplay with EGS as well. Big sale on EGS right now, I'm interested in how pricing will look on Steam during release because I sure as hell am not paying $60 for the base game at this time. LOL

Yeah I cant see paying $60+ for a game that launched 6 months ago....if they try this Ill just wait. I already waited 6 months, what is another 6 months and getting a GOTY version real cheap. I have plenty of games in my backlog, along with cyberpunk still launching in sept.

March 13th for the Steam version I'm glad I didn't wait I couldn't see myself chuggin though this game again I have 39 hours I'm at the Angels and Speed Demons quest line. Just beat the Agonizer took me 3 tries luckily I had some good guns and watched the fight on Youtube a few months ago so I knew what to do basically jump around and duck the knife and suicide when you shield is depleated.
Borderlands® 3   3_5_2020 12_44_27 PM.png

I'm weirded out how long they've left the vendor UI busted. There have been 2 other updates since that bug hit and it's quite the hassle.

As someone who isn't a power gamer and hasn't investigated any exploits or strong build types, I feel like all of my weapons kinda suck now. They're okay on the normal difficulty, but Mayhem 2-4 is a slog. I don't even really feel like playing the game right now as a result. I'm hoping the new DLC will re-invigorate my interest and give me some new go-to gear. I'm still waiting for a grenade that's as even 1/2 as good as the Heck one with the ghosts.

For those of you who already own it - worth buying the Deluxe edition for the bonuses or the Super deluxe edition for the DLC? I haven't played BL since 2 and it's been a number of years. I read mixed things about this game, some of which I attributed to Epic - but was hoping a lot of the issues were ironed out at this point. Yes, no?

For those of you who already own it - worth buying the Deluxe edition for the bonuses or the Super deluxe edition for the DLC? I haven't played BL since 2 and it's been a number of years. I read mixed things about this game, some of which I attributed to Epic - but was hoping a lot of the issues were ironed out at this point. Yes, no?

I was wondering the same thing. I may actually hold off though for a bit, even though that price is exactly where I wanted to see it. (for all the versions really) I know that I'm just plain not going to play this for a while with Doom coming out the following week. I think I'm going to jump on Doom first, wait for this to go back on sale for around the same price, then buy four copies for my house (my kids love playing Borderlands games with me). I'd love to know if any of the Deluxe versions are worth the extra money.

I was wondering the same thing. I may actually hold off though for a bit, even though that price is exactly where I wanted to see it. (for all the versions really) I know that I'm just plain not going to play this for a while with Doom coming out the following week. I think I'm going to jump on Doom first, wait for this to go back on sale for around the same price, then buy four copies for my house (my kids love playing Borderlands games with me). I'd love to know if any of the Deluxe versions are worth the extra money.

I'm likely going to get Doom too, it's currently on sale @ Amazon for $49 which isn't too bad for day 1. Thing with Doom is, typically the campaigns are something I could finish in 1 weekend, and I've never been big on Doom multiplayer so I doubt it will hold me more than one playthrough initially. Borderlands 3 should give a lot more time played. My biggest interference (oddly enough) will be that Animal Crossing comes out next week on the same day as Doom. For some reason, I really want that damn game lol.

I'm likely going to get Doom too, it's currently on sale @ Amazon for $49 which isn't too bad for day 1. Thing with Doom is, typically the campaigns are something I could finish in 1 weekend, and I've never been big on Doom multiplayer so I doubt it will hold me more than one playthrough initially. Borderlands 3 should give a lot more time played. My biggest interference (oddly enough) will be that Animal Crossing comes out next week on the same day as Doom. For some reason, I really want that damn game lol.

Agreed. I'll probably play through the SP on Doom also in a weekend or so, but I tend to go back through and pick apart levels after that (especially if it provides the same mission select after completion). I'll get a decent chunk of SP time out of it. I probably won't touch the multiplayer either unfortunately. I would if I could get enough people over to play on my network, but I don't play online generally.

I'd love to say that I'm picking up Animal Crossing, but the last one I played (original DS) consumed a ton of time, and then Mr. Resetti started yelling at me all the time for not devoting my life to the game, so I stopped. :D I won't be touching another AC game as cool as they are. :D

Borderlands 3 will definitely provide my kids and I a metric ton of play together though, so I'm in full agreement on that. I just know that if I introduce that into our house, and then drop it for Doom for a little bit, I'm going to have drama with my daughters for not playing with them. So, I'll hold off for a little bit.

Just buy the core game it's a really long game I bought it on Epic and I'm still not done.

Last edited:
It's going back up to $60 for the base game after next Friday, though. 50% off is equivalent to what it's been selling at on consoles for the past month, though.

Pretty typical. A lot of games do this. Then we will likely see an identical pricing structure at the next sale or two, then $60 after each for a year. It’s good they hit Steam post-“exclusive” with a pretty aggressive intro-price though. I’d jump now if it wasn’t for Doom. Bad timing I suppose. But... I’ll grab four at the first subsequent sale that matches or beats the introductory price.

BL3 is pretty much a been there, done that. They are always heavy on the nerf train. any guide/farming videos that are older than a month are probably going to be obsolete. Annoying story lines. My character was hard-nerfed about level 35, and I stopped playing at that point.

It's going back up to $60 for the base game after next Friday, though. 50% off is equivalent to what it's been selling at on consoles for the past month, though.

$30 is a good price for a 6 month old AAA game. It's smart of 2K to do this, they've been paid by Epic, they got plenty of $60 sales. Now that they are going after the Steam holdouts, they know these are the same people who would likely just wait a few months longer for the next sale. I bet they move a lot of copies.

$30 is a good price for a 6 month old AAA game. It's smart of 2K to do this, they've been paid by Epic, they got plenty of $60 sales. Now that they are going after the Steam holdouts, they know these are the same people who would likely just wait a few months longer for the next sale. I bet they move a lot of copies.

Agreed. I'm a holdout, but I've gotten to be a lot more patient these days, so I can wait on things like this. I'm in for four copies (probably of the basic-deluxe :D version) when it hits this price again in the future. They should have released after Doom. :D

Anyone know a trick to matchmaking? On average I have to wait over 20 minutes before either I give up or if I'm lucky I connect to a game with 1 person. Ive tried all modes except proving grounds at various M levels.

I bought the super deluxe but have yet to play it. Been too busy. I paid for the max combo to support my love of the series and to say FU to Epic. Hopefully this weekend I can find the time to run through it.

Price wise it seems best to buy super deluxe version if you're really into the BL games. $30 for base game, season pass alone is $40 on sale. $50 for super deluxe version. Damn devs and the pricing games they play.

Done the first couple of missions, liking it so far, going to try and get more done this weekend between wow and division 2

Tempted.
i7-3770k, 32GB, GTX 970, 1080 Ultrawide

can I play B3 with this H/W? (I've read the min/recommended requirements)

Ok, some major annoyance so far is that beeing on an azerty keyboard I can change my movement keys, but while changed in the game they remain qwerty on the map and in other ui parts making them a real pain to navigate.

I play with the arrow keys and all of the menus still assume everyone is on WASD. I've just grown used to moving my arm over to E and X in the menus. Most of the other stuff I'm just using the mouse anyway, so I barely notice.

The most recent update rebalanced the game and now I can 1-shot basically anything on the later levels at the base difficulty. Each round of Handsome Jack's robot is toast in 3-4 seconds, too. Mayhem (even just M1) seems to increase the difficulty immensely, though. Whatever they did to tweak how scaling works didn't seem to account for level 53 gear.

Back