Borderlands 3

Hmm, I had to reset my video config (played it 2 weeks ago) had to bump it back up to 1440. Well, going to be a few days until I can see what the new dlc is like, about 2/3 into the main storyline again, want to get through at least it before I get to the new stuff.

Ahhh, I thought you were talking about keyboard configs. I too had to reconfig my vid settings. My bad on that.

BL games have weird issues with configs, change of daylight savingstime used to reset the lot, not sure if they ever fixed it.

I'm not hating some of these new features:

Edit: Not comprehensive or official
  • Most guns have alternate firing modes
  • Guns have item scores to help you pick the best quickly
  • Action Skills can be customized with augments
  • Cover is now destructible
  • You can chuck elemental barrels around
  • Radiation damage replaces slag damage
  • No additional Vault Hunter post launch
  • Both major and background NPCs revive you in battle
  • Vault Hunters have much more customization
  • Loot-instancing and level scaling can be turned off for those who prefer the classic Borderlands co-op experience
  • Borderlands 3 features a day/night cycle for each planet, with different lighting and effects to make each world “feel alien”
  • Borderlands 3 features more boss fights than any previous game in the series, and will be “the biggest game ever for this franchise”
  • Big bosses will have multiple stages during their encounters
  • Crew challenges are like quest collectibles
  • Troy and Tyreen (the baddies) are based off social media influencers
  • Players use their ship, the Sanctuary III, to travel to planets
  • Sanctuary III acts as a customizable hub world and home base that houses characters like Mad Moxxi
  • From Sanctuary III, open gold key chests, buy storage deck upgrades, gamble, interact with characters, purchase wares and travel to new planets
  • Sanctuary 3 has a ‘lost loot’ machine that stores the guns you lose
  • Tannis is your doctor in Sanctuary 3, not Dr Zed
  • The beasts you kill get mounted on Hammerlock’s wall
  • You have your own customizable quarters
  • Vehicles are way, way more customizable
  • You can steal enemy vehicles and take them to Ellie to scan into Catch-A-Ride
  • Multiple active abilities per character
  • At vending machines you can hit one button to instantly refill your ammo
  • There is offline play
  • Fast travel can be used to travel between points on these planets, and to other planets players have already visited
  • Players can use Quick Change Stations to customize heads, skins, colors, emotes, ECHO skins and ReSpec their character’s skill tree
  • Players can slide while sprinting and mantle ledges to reach elevated surfaces
  • The game retains Borderlands’ cel-shaded art-style, but runs on Unreal Engine 4
  • It purportedly features gore and dismemberment similar to what was seen in the first Borderlands
  • Borderlands 3 will be “Rife with Easter eggs”
  • Each Vault Hunter has three action skills to choose from starting at level 3
  • Passive skills, augments and modifiers can also be gained further in the skill tree

Last edited:
Thanks for posting the list, odditory

Off the top of my head, one thing wasn't mentioned:

1. Storage space size

-- 39 slots plus safe storage in BL2 isn't enough to accommodate gear needed for each element resistance. Running mules works but isn't all that practical for me. I hope they increase the size back to BL1 levels.

Something else is missing but I'm having a brain lapse right at the moment.

Yep, that was a partial list, not comprehensive or official -- more of a "here are some of the things we were able to gather from Gearbox during E3"

Witchcraft Physx implosion the game better deliver basically they have a big team but you can add "too much" to a game and it can just be a mess like if the art team spends like a half a year rendering ladders it might not look good in the end.

Last edited:
Your custom title is... fitting.

Witchcraft Physx imposion the game better deliver basically they have a big team but you can add "too much" to a game and it can just be a mess like if the art team spends like a half a year rendering ladders it might not look good in the end.

I have no idea what that trailer was about besides the obvious Borderlands 3. I hope Gearbox spent a lot more time on the game than that trailer.

Just got the "VIP" email from them, only available to pre-order from Them, EGS & green man gaming?.
base price is $59
deluxe price with added skins & bling, $79
super-deluxe w/skins plus season pass for 4 added dlc's $99

They're really pushing hard for the pre-orders, if it wasn't for exclusive distrobution site, I might have gone for the extras.

I'll wait,. don't need/want the skins/bling, will wait for the season pass + game. At a much lower price than $99. On the plus side, I "won" a bazooka for BL3 on the VIP drawing today. My gameplay style doesn't use a bazooka very often, if at all, but they are handy to have for those slow, tough bosses.

Randy Pitchfork will be popping champagne in September whatever the game does on release date. I never played Borderlands at 1440P before plus the updated graphics.

I did get the upgrade 'dlc', looks ok, but hard to tell with the way they created it. It's not the kind of game you get for high-quality graphics, I don't think. Doesn't add or subtract from the game play. Played all the way through again before the last dlc, I didn't really see anything that grabbed my attention. Maybe because I'm not a reviewer who is supposed to look for that kind of thing. I just played the game through.

Just got the "VIP" email from them, only available to pre-order from Them, EGS & green man gaming?.
base price is $59
deluxe price with added skins & bling, $79
super-deluxe w/skins plus season pass for 4 added dlc's $99

They're really pushing hard for the pre-orders, if it wasn't for exclusive distrobution site, I might have gone for the extras.

I'll wait,. don't need/want the skins/bling, will wait for the season pass + game. At a much lower price than $99. On the plus side, I "won" a bazooka for BL3 on the VIP drawing today. My gameplay style doesn't use a bazooka very often, if at all, but they are handy to have for those slow, tough bosses.
I will be getting the super deluxe extra special lucky best edition. I have loved every game in the series and I cannot wait for BL3.

Your custom title is... fitting.

I have no idea what that trailer was about besides the obvious Borderlands 3. I hope Gearbox spent a lot more time on the game than that trailer.

all their trailers are basically just them screwing around with the video's but you have to watch whats going on in them because they giveaway clues to whats going to be in the game.. e.g. that video basically shows all their abilities, it also shows most if not all the types of things/people/etc you'll be fighting and locations in the game.

that trailer was trying to hype up the co-op aspect of the game...'So Happy Together'

As an avid fan of physics effects I'm wondering what the implementation will be in BL3. BL2 had great physics effects (flag waving, water flow, etc) and I'm hoping BL3 will have the same effects, albeit improved with the Unreal Engine.

Edit 1: one other feature I'd like to see implemented from BL1 is enemies dropping the weapons they are using. BL2 didn't implement this feature and it was annoying fighting an enemy who is clearly using a rifle but drops a white or green rarity pistol. Seriously?

Edit 2: I'd also like to have the option to turn off autoaim. Annoying firing at one enemy only having the rounds impact another.

Last edited:
Once this is on Steam i might give this a look. Me and a friend out-of-state play Borderlands 2 Co-op all the time since being gifted a copy from a kind soul. I use Steam's voice chat feature while playing so until EGS starts to offer those features in their client, I'll wait.

Once this is on Steam i might give this a look. Me and a friend out-of-state play Borderlands 2 Co-op all the time since being gifted a copy from a kind soul. I use Steam's voice chat feature while playing so until EGS starts to offer those features in their client, I'll wait.

Yep. My BL1 and BL2 co-op buds with 500+ hrs in these games are dying to play BL3 but we're not touching EGS.

Hopefully it hits Xbox Game Pass soon after launch if not immediately- like Outer Worlds- so it can still be played on Windows. From all I've read it'll be Gearbox hosting the MP infrastructure, not EGS.

Last edited:
I hope Gearbox brings back the Luck Cannon and have a character that can potentially use it with their skillset. My Nisha knocks out Eclipse and EOS in less than 4 minutes.

Gone gold. Looking forward to it, but I doubt I'll drop $60 on it (and forget about the stupid pre-order editions). I can wait a few weeks for reviews, patches, and a price drop to 40 or less.

****removed for code injection.

edit - what does "****removed for code injection" mean? It was a link to a gamespot video?

Last edited:
Everything I see about the game can't help but be filtered through a window of frustration due to EGS exclusivity, with everything related to Epic being a negative effect on the game. I enjoyed Borderlands 2 and The Pre Sequel greatly, with their long Steam career of success not to mention first-rate ports to Linux (and Mac) thanks to Steam supporting and bolstering those platforms. Now, with Epic exclusivity it will take longer if ever to show up on Steam, and Linux ports are even more tenuous given Epic's complete lack of interest in non-Windows platforms.

Given the enjoyment I got out of the previous Borderlands titles, I'd probably be willing to pick up the game - even picking up the "super deluxe edition" if I was able to get a good enough pre-launch discount from legit keysellers (about 25% or so at the right time) were it released via Steam. Not only is it not on Steam, but I've noticed that keyselling sites offering Epic Store keys are rarely discounted and when they are its some piddly amount far less than would be expected ; its more like the pricing structure of a console game key instead and I wonder why that may be...

Everything I see about the game can't help but be filtered through a window of frustration due to EGS exclusivity, with everything related to Epic being a negative effect on the game. I enjoyed Borderlands 2 and The Pre Sequel greatly, with their long Steam career of success not to mention first-rate ports to Linux (and Mac) thanks to Steam supporting and bolstering those platforms. Now, with Epic exclusivity it will take longer if ever to show up on Steam, and Linux ports are even more tenuous given Epic's complete lack of interest in non-Windows platforms.

Given the enjoyment I got out of the previous Borderlands titles, I'd probably be willing to pick up the game - even picking up the "super deluxe edition" if I was able to get a good enough pre-launch discount from legit keysellers (about 25% or so at the right time) were it released via Steam. Not only is it not on Steam, but I've noticed that keyselling sites offering Epic Store keys are rarely discounted and when they are its some piddly amount far less than would be expected ; its more like the pricing structure of a console game key instead and I wonder why that may be...

My thoughts exactly. Btw, to say Epic has a "lack of interest" in non-WIndows gaming would be an understatement -- their colostomy-bag CEO has outright mocked it. "Installing LInux is like moving to Canada because you don't like US politics". The dumb bubbles over the pot pretty much on a daily basis on this guy's twitter. Add yet there are those that view any criticism of EGS as "haters that only love Steam". Steam gets on my nerves constantly.

There will be ways to play BL3 without infecting your PC with EGS and giving Tim any money - which would only encourage more of his slimy business practices, it would never end. Whether it be Xbox Game Pass, or Stadia, or the black sails or just playing on console until it becomes available on a PC store that isn't a disease. I wish 2KGames had their own launcher now so we could buy straight from them, the way Ubisoft cleverly puts their games on EGS as a trick to get people to run to UPlay and buy it there.

Last edited:
Epic Store isn't bad if you don't mind redownloading games come to the Dark Side we have Outer Worlds and Borderlands 3 and Metro Exodus.
I just wish it wasn't owned by the Chinese.

I don't know why people think Epic game store is any worse than say, Origin or Uplay. Yes I too wish everything was in one place but we don't live in that world anymore. Also like I wish I could pay for one video streaming service instead of 4. Except CBS all access because fuck them. You put Star Trek behind a paywall? Torrents ahoy.

For me its not having another launcher to deal with on my desktop. That doesn't bother me. My gripe is how Epic treated me when trying to download and play Division 2. No help whatsoever when I couldn't get it to launch. Ignoring email after email and they wanted to keep my $100 (I paid for the deluxe bundle) for a game that I couldn't play. Fuck that. A company that acts like that doesn't deserve my patronage or money. The CEO talked how he knew about the problem and other serious problems and went ahead and allowed such things anyway? This guy thinks its okay to treat customers like crap. Hence my boycotting of them. I'll wait for it to hit Steam or if there is another way around Epic maybe I will do that.

For me its not having another launcher to deal with on my desktop. That doesn't bother me. My gripe is how Epic treated me when trying to download and play Division 2. No help whatsoever when I couldn't get it to launch. Ignoring email after email and they wanted to keep my $100 (I paid for the deluxe bundle) for a game that I couldn't play. Fuck that. A company that acts like that doesn't deserve my patronage or money. The CEO talked how he knew about the problem and other serious problems and went ahead and allowed such things anyway? This guy thinks its okay to treat customers like crap. Hence my boycotting of them. I'll wait for it to hit Steam or if there is another way around Epic maybe I will do that.

Just get it straight on Uplay, you need that anyways to play it.

My main problem is that in stead of competing with steam and the like by means of better deals or lower prices for customers (which is what some people including me read from their initial statemens) they do so by going the (timed) exclusive route and better deals for game makers. We as customers are shafted as prices stay the same and there is still no choice where you buy the game unless you wait for the exclusivity to time out.

Reactions: Skott
like this
I'm probably going with Zane, any of you guys make a pick yet?

Won't know who I like best until I play a while. I've been wrong before...

First 14min. I like the desert wasteland / Fyrestone aesthetic of BL1 being back - least for the starting area , improved gunplay, sound design and animations; hi-res HUD, hitmarkers and weapon cards; gore also returning from BL1 to an extent. Alternate fire mode for every weapon. Like everything I see so far.

I was one of those people that ignored BL1 for the first few years, slagging it off "what is this low-res cartooney bullshit" based solely on trailers and gameplay videos. But then I finally got around to playing it and it completely sucked me in. Some of the best co-op times I've had were in BL2 and then BL1.

Last edited:
Amara Character Trailer

I think I'm going to go with the Mecha guy Flak character who summons animals or whatever he looks the most interesting not sure how he is going to do.
I'm not going to cheat in this game like I did with Bordrlands 2 and those gold keys and rolled a level 70 Gunzerker who became the best character in the game as far as firepower. What I really want is a DLC like General Knoxxs armory where you can sliip though the crack and stop time :p
Arma is Dora the explorer :D

https://mentalmars.com/borderlands-3/characters/flak/

I think I'm going to go with the Mecha guy Flak character who summons animals or whatever he looks the most interesting not sure how he is going to do.
I'm not going to cheat in this game like I did with Bordrlands 2 and those gold keys and rolled a level 70 Gunzerker who became the best character in the game as far as firepower. What I really want is a DLC like General Knoxxs armory where you can sliip though the crack and stop time :p
Arma is Dora the explorer :D

https://mentalmars.com/borderlands-3/characters/flak/

don't cheat in games...it takes the fun out of playing...:D

F'n hell. Now I can see playing each one through. I think the character intro trailers worked almost too well...

The only thing that's a weird question mark for me so far is how the main villains/antagonists are going to work out. Twin "streamer influencers" with goofy Fortnite bodies & hairstyles?

The franchise has had some fun villains - General Knox, Jack, even Colonel Hector in the recent free BL2 DLC had his moments. I'll give Gearbox benefit of doubt, but don't let me down you SOB's.

borderlands-3-villians.jpg

Last edited:
Back