Borderlands 3

*bump for the HD texture packs coming out*

There is a noticeable difference in BL2!

- Also, if anyone knows how to force the refresh rate on BL2, please let me know.... Feels like I've tried everything..

My display defaults to the max 75hz when I DSK to 4K...

There's no in-game setting, I can't run borderless window (obv), I even tried CRU trickery...nada. I looked through the ini file and that's a mess soooo yea. (ctrl-f came up with nothing etc)

- 60hz would be butter, but 75 isn't working out

Thanks
ah I see
go in to \Documents\My Games\Borderlands 2\WillowGame\Config\WillowEngine.ini
and look for this:

bSmoothFrameRate=TRUE
MinSmoothedFrameRate=22
MaxSmoothedFrameRate=62

see what yours says and try playing with it

Maybe Shark doesn't care about good value for games, or platforms being supported that we care about (ie Linux), or generally customer-unfriendly behavior designed to squeeze more and more money out... but these arguments are the same tired thing that people have been saying since "Horse Armor" DLC, microtransactions, Item Malls, lootboxes, etc... and other harmful developments came on the scene. There's always some apologist saying "If you don't like it don't buy it! It won't affect you! Why are you upset its just XXXXXXX. We'll just buy it! " and other nonsense. Haven't we seen by now that it never "stops" - for all the times I didn't buy, I chose to take my money elsewhere etc... but the bar of profitability for "evil" is so low that unless there is a VEHEMENT negative response, they just keep pushing these dynamics into the market. That means that games I would have enjoyed or wanted to purchase later will be saddled with these policies.

I'll never understand who seem to have the "I will put up with any level of corporate power and money grabs" ethos - unless you've got major money in Epic, I can't understand this kind of support. Not even I am saying that the game shouldn't be on the Epic store at all - I don't begrudge them as much as I dislike their company now - but I would definitely rather purchase a key that activates on Steam for many reasons (purchased directly on Steam or via a 3rd party like Humble or Green Man Gaming - true competition!). For this, the practice of 3rd party exclusivity must be quickly squashed lest it spread as a pathogen through PC gaming.

Yeah BL3 totally would have supported Linux if it was on Steam. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Anyone know if the Xbox version will support keyboard and mouse?

Might go that route and maybe get it later on sale on steam.

COULD WE STAY ON THE TOPIC OF BORDERLANDS 3 AND NOT ALL THE POLITICS ATTACHED TO EPIC, RANDY, OR GEARBOX! START YOUR OWN THREAD FOR THAT PLEASE. SOME OF USE JUST WANT TO DISCUSS THE ACTUAL GAME!

Not sure if this has been mentioned or not but it looks like Gearbox is working with AMD on the PC version of Borderlands 3. So that will likely mean Freesync 2 support for those with a FS2 monitor and an AMD GPU along with the game being heavily threaded to take advantage of Zen processors. Of course this will also mean the game has a better chance of being more vendor agnostic in terms of graphics performance.

Hope this is better than BL2. I actually really liked BL1, but 2 felt so stale and just dragged on and on. Been wanting to try Pre-Sequel but again it seems like a lot of "been there done that". Hope BL3 map design is more like BL1. BL1 felt more like a world whereas BL2 felt more like disjointed maps loosely slopped together. Not sure how they can change the gameplay much without alienating the BL2 player base though.

Last edited:
Hope this is better than BL2. I actually really liked BL1, but 2 felt so stale and just dragged on and on. Been wanting to try Pre-Sequel but again it seems like a lot of "been there done that". Hope BL3 map design is more like BL1. BL1 felt more like a world whereas BL2 felt more like disjointed maps loosely slopped together. Not sure how they can change the gameplay much without alienating the BL2 player base though.

I find BL1 the worst entry of the series, I hate the respawns with a passion, gunplay is worse the the other entries, though they did improve that in the new version.

The pre-sequel is not a bad game, it is shorter then BL2 with the main difference beeing the floaty bit's when you are in the vacuum and the use of the oxygen masks and a couple new types of weapons which don't add much.

I guess your feeling of been there done that is mostly correct, for me that was not a bad thing, if I like a game I always want more of the same so I hope BL3 won't dissapoint me in that way.

I find BL1 the worst entry of the series, I hate the respawns with a passion, gunplay is worse the the other entries, though they did improve that in the new version.

This is actually true. The spawns and gameplay itself in BL1 was a lot worse when you go back to it. A few months back I tried to play the last DLC but it was so rough that I couldn't get into it. Ignoring those technical issues though, I think it was a much better game for its time. Mainly in terms of world/setting building. If BL3 can make a better inventory and menu system, make some of the missions more unique and make the world more interesting I think it would be a big step forward. I'd say add a decent story this time as well but being a co-op game that is destined for failure regardless.

Well it looks like I'll be getting an Epic account. Excited as hell to play it, kinda BS that the collectors edition doesn't seem available for PC users. I'll have to finally play the Pre-Sequel in preparation, lol.

From Gearbox via email:

New Vault Hunters. New Baddies. New Loot. Join us for the Borderlands 3 Worldwide Gameplay Reveal Event livestream on borderlands.com and the Borderlands Twitch channel. The stream begins at 10am PDT / 1pm EDT / 6pm BST on May 1 - don’t miss out!

I hope they bring back the gibs and dismemberment from BL1. BL2 was ridiculously toned down in comparison.

Can't say its a graphical improvement over previous games. Then again Im not complaing its a new game.

I hope they bring back the gibs and dismemberment from BL1. BL2 was ridiculously toned down in comparison.
Yes!!! Blowing off arms and heads in BL1 sorely missing in homogenized BL2.

The BL1 guns - specifically revolvers and rifles - also had a feeling of weight and power to them. In BL2 weapons felt more like toy space guns with lights and sound FX that ran on AA batteries.

Last edited:
Yes!!! Blowing off arms and heads in BL1 sorely missing in homogenized BL2.

The BL1 guns - specifically revolvers and rifles - also had a feeling of weight and power to them. In BL2 weapons felt more like toy space guns with lights and sound FX and ran on AA batteries.

Yeah the Maliwan revolvers were god like in BL1 vs. the pop guns in BL2.

I''m hyped for this game, currently i'm playing division 2 and so far it's holding me off till BL3 but damn this game is gonna be good. Can't wait for the stream

The mods on Twitch said they have the chat under control this time lol I hope so had to turn if off last time.

It's live in about 20 minutes with the Demo not I hope it's good cause I preordered like a sucker.

Some of the texture work definitely looks better than previous games but those ground textures are bad, like really bad. Like it looks like they ripped them from pre-remaster Borderlands 1 bad.

Some of the texture work definitely looks better than previous games but those ground textures are bad, like really bad. Like it looks like they ripped them from pre-remaster Borderlands 1 bad.
Xbox....

Got it. Pre-XB1 ground textures: no buy. Guess we will not be playing co-op together.

God forbid someone comment on the fucking stream while watching it. If you don't like me making comments on what I'm watching then fucking ignore me.

God forbid someone comment on the fucking stream while watching it. If you don't like me making comments on what I'm watching then fucking ignore me.
Worth mentioning that the stream looks to be a fairly low bitrate as well.

Sorry, did not mean to get you so excited by commenting on your comment. I will not bother you again, ever.

That co-op stuff is a really nice change from the previous games. A good way to balance extreme level differences.

Back