Borderlands 2 - $24.99

Its already OOS.

This is an old deal, its been up since yesterday. It goes in and out of stock all day long. Dont worry, just check back. They constantly reload it. They sell out in about 10-20 mins when it gets reloaded so you better stay ready if you actually want one.

And to think I was impulsive enough to buy at 59.99 from Steam. Still worth every penny!

Out of stock atm, shame, under $30 is sort of my tipping point for buying recent releases even though I may not even have the time for them at the moment.

like retsam said, it goes in and out of stock every few hours, just keep checking back and you guys will be able to get in such an awesome deal.. as for me.. well i cant do crap with my new bl2 until i get my rig parts mid-next week but atleast i got it :D

This is the real value of this game. Its a Borderlands 1 DLC pack.

I never played the original! I know it's dirt cheap now but I doubt I'll get anyone to play it with me now that the sequel is out.

A quote from the slick deals thread.

You're basically buying a picture of the Russian version of the game disk with the code on it.

compguy said:
I
Yup, I would be careful with this merchant. When I did some digging on them in an earlier deal, basically figuring out "ok, no this is not direct2drive (that's now gamefly)", that they were based in russia despite being registered in the U.S. to make it seem less shady, and that they're not an authorized steam seller one of their people (assuming they have more than one employee) who was posting in the thread actually tried to hack me via slickdeals with a code injection attack.

So basically, this is just any other Russian ebay key seller. They may or may not be selling legit keys (well since most people haven't had trouble so far, they're either legit or untraceable), but the issue you may have is that they're out of region. There are also some other reasons I'd be hesitant to get from them since a place that has the physical copies of the keys they sent you can use them to take over your steam account should they want to be malicious (since this place claims to be selling keys from boxed copies - the ownership rests in the card/insert/cd case - i.e. physical representation of the code, rather than the key they send you).

And of course, there's also potential that steam will ban you. This is a solid deal, but if you're going to get these kind of keys, I would strongly recommend making a spare steam account so it doesn't matter if you lose it or it gets banned for out-of-region.

Was able to get one and got my code and it activated two games, BL2 and BL2 RU(Russian). I only downloaded BL2.

Was able to get one and got my code and it activated two games, BL2 and BL2 RU(Russian). I only downloaded BL2.

+1 i was wondering what the RU was for lol.
im not worried a damn bit it loaded perfect and works. if steam seems a problem im sure it'll be able to get settled with a few emails and or phone call. ive got 3 accounts (2x 6 dig's and a 5-dig) aside from bl2 all my other accounts have the same games.

Phone support on Steam? Surely you jest, even email support seems to have a standard delay of a day or two... Not that I've ever had much trouble with Steam, but still.

Anyway, just bought a key for $25 myself. What does the Season Pass entail? Worth it?

Did anyone else get this email after the order confirmation email:

Thank You For Your Order.

To continue with your order, we need to verify your account. Please click the link bellow to begin your Phone/SMS verification: <deleted URL> Thank your for your understanding. Direct2Play Team

yes i got that, click it let them send you a text it will contain a 4-digit pin, type in the pin and then go back to the d2p website and click my orders, after that click the details link thats to the right of your order, scroll down and it will show a pic click the picture and thats your BL2 key. now register that key on steam in the library and your good to go

season pass gives you all the extra quests and maps for the game, once you beat the game you'll have many more hours of fun being able to go on different boards that give you alot more to the story than what others have with just the game itself.
it also gives you special guns and so forth from what ive read. and unlocks a different player type that you dont get until you actually beat the game

Should I get the game? Does Physx work on AMD cards at all via CPU?

no physx wont work unless you have a nvidia card for hybrid physx. it stays disabled.
honestly i would jump on it at the 25$
still have yet to play since my pc parts havent come in yet but ive been constantly watching gameplay vids on youtube and its just amazing

back In-Stock with 132 available.

My key activated just fine, thanks OP... Still feels a little sketchy, can't say I'd shop there all the time, but no issues with this one buy anyway.

no physx wont work unless you have a nvidia card for hybrid physx. it stays disabled.
honestly i would jump on it at the 25$
still have yet to play since my pc parts havent come in yet but ive been constantly watching gameplay vids on youtube and its just amazing

back In-Stock with 132 available.

Actually I was about to edit, from what I see it offloads on the CPU. I doubt this CPU will have any issues handling it.

It's a change in one of the .ini files.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_VE5yqNbLg

There are also some other crazy deals on the front page. Don't even seem right...

D2P buys in extreme bulk, hence they get very low prices.
when your buying 1000+ copys of a game that's playable worldwide, your getting extreme discounts.
D2P probably only pays $10-20 per game, and by giving you such a discount instead of robbing you like these other stores, your going to bring in business for them aren't you? so its just like being a car salesman.. sell at lower prices than the rest and word gets put out pretty quickly hence more people are going to buy it quicker.

if you have a store selling $35 copies of borderlands 2, and bestbuy has it for $60, who do you think is gonna get more copies sold? eh should rephrase that, who do you think will make more profit in the long run?

Last edited:
D2P buys in extreme bulk, hence they get very low prices.
when your buying 1000+ copys of a game that's playable worldwide, your getting extreme discounts.
D2P probably only pays $10-20 per game, and by giving you such a discount instead of robbing you like these other stores, your going to bring in business for them aren't you? so its just like being a car salesman.. sell at lower prices than the rest and word gets put out pretty quickly hence more people are going to buy it quicker.

if you have a store selling $35 copies of borderlands 2, and bestbuy has it for $60, who do you think is gonna get more copies sold? eh should rephrase that, who do you think will make more profit in the long run?

They're from Russia, buying in bulk doesn't have anything to do with it.

Russian keys are nothing new, people have done it with CoD in the past.

Thanks for the thread, I was thinking I would never buy this game until it was old but I can't say no for 25 bucks!

it's up to $26.99 now, I guess the demand was too good not to price gouge a lil bit lol still [H]ot minus -3 degrees

by the way what does the PREMIER CLUB EDITION DLC get you for $16.99? isn't this just the same pre-order goodies they were giving away for pre purchasing and it didnt even work untik a day or two after release date? seems like a rip off considering $5 more gets you a years worth of dlc content.

dont know ticker, but when i checked, it seemed like all the DLC stuff they had was for the russian version only.
im assuming its for a special gun and an extra story (first dlc available)

by the way what does the PREMIER CLUB EDITION DLC get you for $16.99? isn't this just the same pre-order goodies they were giving away for pre purchasing and it didnt even work untik a day or two after release date? seems like a rip off considering $5 more gets you a years worth of dlc content.

It includes the Mechromancer DLC for October 16th, which is selling for $10 itself.

I've bought a few games from d2p lately, the prices are crazy cheap. I got in on the $38 deal from GMG, and that was a good deal, this is smoking hot! Awesome game, buy it!

just give it about 2-3 hours chuck and it'll be back in stock

@ Ticker & dave, This is Region-Free, not Region-locked Just make sure you install the Borderlands 2 in the library and not the Borderlands 2 RU(both will show in library when key is activated)

I've installed and played online in US servers with this.
0 Problems.

Back