• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Bloodborne (Rumor)

It seems to work for me at 1440p windowed with the 60fps patch as of the 0.5.0 version. If you are running the 0.4.0 version then audio won't work right as it doesn't OOTB play the sound fx files. You'll have to either find the now deleted mod that recompressed the sound fx files, or get the tools and manually do it yourself (it took my rig about 35+ minutes to convert them) with this: https://github.com/Furegato/BloodborneSoundRepack . But it's easier to just upgrade to the latest 0.5.0 version and then reinstall the game and the 1.09 patch.

Once installed and updated to v1.09 right click on bloodborne and select "Cheats/Patches" then go to the patches dialog box. At the bottom select repository shadPS4 and then press download patches.
Then pick check the following: Disable Chromatic Aberration, Disable Motion Blur, Disable HTTP Requests, 60 FPS (with Deltatime), Force Enable Old Hunters DLC and Disable vsync
And it should work fine. At least on my rig for the beginning section of the game.

I had a lot of issues with v0.4.0 I did try the remastered textures and stuff but it caused a lot of weird issues like texture flickering and missing texture maps so I didn't use them when I moved to 0.5.0 of shadPS4. Still I can't close the game without shadPS4 crashing lol, so be sure to look for the .dmp files it leaves behind. I found a ton of them just eating disk space.
 
It seems to work for me at 1440p windowed with the 60fps patch as of the 0.5.0 version. If you are running the 0.4.0 version then audio won't work right as it doesn't OOTB play the sound fx files. You'll have to either find the now deleted mod that recompressed the sound fx files, or get the tools and manually do it yourself (it took my rig about 35+ minutes to convert them) with this: https://github.com/Furegato/BloodborneSoundRepack . But it's easier to just upgrade to the latest 0.5.0 version and then reinstall the game and the 1.09 patch.

Once installed and updated to v1.09 right click on bloodborne and select "Cheats/Patches" then go to the patches dialog box. At the bottom select repository shadPS4 and then press download patches.
Then pick check the following: Disable Chromatic Aberration, Disable Motion Blur, Disable HTTP Requests, 60 FPS (with Deltatime), Force Enable Old Hunters DLC and Disable vsync
And it should work fine. At least on my rig for the beginning section of the game.

I had a lot of issues with v0.4.0 I did try the remastered textures and stuff but it caused a lot of weird issues like texture flickering and missing texture maps so I didn't use them when I moved to 0.5.0 of shadPS4. Still I can't close the game without shadPS4 crashing lol, so be sure to look for the .dmp files it leaves behind. I found a ton of them just eating disk space.
I'm running v0.5.0, did you also enable the 2560x1440 patch? For me the audio for weapon swings/hits and my player's footsteps seems to come and go with restarts.
 
I'm running v0.5.0, did you also enable the 2560x1440 patch? For me the audio for weapon swings/hits and my player's footsteps seems to come and go with restarts.
No I didn't enable that patch. I just set shadPS4 in settings to 2560x1440.
 
No I didn't enable that patch. I just set shadPS4 in settings to 2560x1440.
Hm, maybe that's been my problem. Will give that a try instead.

I've been tinkering around on my laptop and for whatever reason have been having better results. Aside from the occasional crash (which hasn't been a big deal, restarts are quick and haven't lost progress) this has been running awesome for me for the past few hours, looks and runs significantly better than on console. At this point I'm really excited for a complete playthrough!
 
Gave it a try again and I ran into the audio bug you had. Not sure why it happened, but it's only certain sound fx that are affected not all which is different than the 0.4.0 version where all sound fx were off, but a close (which is a crash for me since it produces a .dmp file) then a restart fixed it. A few graphical issues here and there also seem to occur for me but a quit to main menu and back usually fixes it. It's definitely very playable though. I get more graphics issues popping up when I use the patch for 2560x1440 than when unchecked so it's probably better to have it off IMO.
 
Man this time around I told myself I’d go for a different build and NOT use the Hunter axe, just can’t bring myself to.
 
Man this time around I told myself I’d go for a different build and NOT use the Hunter axe, just can’t bring myself to.

It's honestly just so much better than everything else. Even fully powered up, the other weapons feel like they're doing pitter patter damage. That's all while the Axe's charged up power attack is shredding everything all around you and stunning bosses left and right. Plus, everything in the game seems to let you get away with charging that thing up.
 
1736579452041.png
 
It's wild how the lack of even a shitty port is pushing this crazy innovation on the emulation front. Most emulators take forever to become even half-usable and it seems like this one title is pushing this massive project forward at a crazy pace. It's still way too much of a pain in the ass for 99.9% of players, but at this rate it might be good to go (and packaged up for ease of use) before there's a real one.
 
  • Like
Reactions: w35t
like this
It's wild how the lack of even a shitty port is pushing this crazy innovation on the emulation front. Most emulators take forever to become even half-usable and it seems like this one title is pushing this massive project forward at a crazy pace. It's still way too much of a pain in the ass for 99.9% of players, but at this rate it might be good to go (and packaged up for ease of use) before there's a real one.
I usually can't be bothered to mess with emulation, this one was shockingly easy and has solid mod support via Nexus. I beat the base game plus DLC and have already started second run. The only limitation is that it's offline only, which heavily limits the chalice dungeon stuff, but that was never my thing anyway, nor was PVP (in any Souls game for that matter). I did experience somewhat frequent crashing though, maybe every 2-3 hours, and upon restart all player sounds didn't work (weapon impacts, footsteps, etc.). The fix is to exit the game normally, close ShadPS4, and restart, which can be done pretty quickly and not once did I lose progress over it.
 
I have a pile of emulators, but they're all for legacy hardware and work about as well as they ever will. Project64, Dolphin, FBNeo, PCSX2, etc. Every time I've messed around with anything new'ish (like the Switch or newer PS models) it's been a big 'ol pile of "this only barely works" or things look/run worse than native hardware. Plus, I can run those titles on my PS5 or Switch anyway. I really only want them to either improve older games or to play games for systems I no longer have.
Still, this project has me intrigued and I'll probably jump on it once I get through my current backlog. I try to revisit the PS4/5 Bloodborne every now and then and it's tough. The game actually hurts my eyes for the first few hours until I eventually get used to it. It also generally just looks and runs horribly thanks to a combo of bad frame pacing, framerate, motion blur, chromatic aberration, etc. It's like a perfect storm of all the graphical things I hate. This seems to allow you to alleviate those things. As performance seems to get better (4K or 120Hz on newer hardware maybe?) I can't not give it a go.
 
Bloodborne PC is the new Half-Life 3.

Yoshida also said in that interview that Miyazaki is really busy with other projects and he doesn't want anyone else to touch it. Miyazaki himself last year said that he and his team would like to make a PC version, though. I don't think it happens this year, but it still may in the next few if Sony is really on board.

In my opinion, the big things shown tonight will be Stellar Blade PC, Resident Evil 9, and/or Resident Evil 0 Remake.
 
The way I look at it, Bloodborne still actually looks pretty damn amazing as-is. The performance is the problem, not necessarily the visuals in a vacuum. It's like a Ferrari with a Corolla engine under the hood.
It doesn't really need a remake or anything that major. It needs a PS5 update patch and a (fairly) bare-bones PC port. Something that looks akin to what the emulated version is doing, but natively.
I'd obviously be elated if it got the Demon's Souls treatment, but I dunno if that's actually warranted. Tough to imagine anything less being featured on a State of Play showcase.
 
The way I look at it, Bloodborne still actually looks pretty damn amazing as-is. The performance is the problem, not necessarily the visuals in a vacuum. It's like a Ferrari with a Corolla engine under the hood.
It doesn't really need a remake or anything that major. It needs a PS5 update patch and a (fairly) bare-bones PC port. Something that looks akin to what the emulated version is doing, but natively.
I'd obviously be elated if it got the Demon's Souls treatment, but I dunno if that's actually warranted. Tough to imagine anything less being featured on a State of Play showcase.
I wouldn't want the Demon's Souls treatment for this game. While pretty, the remake ruined a lot of the atmosphere the original had that reflected the state the world was in, which is a piece of the all-important environmental storytelling that FromSoftware is so good at doing. 60 FPS and the option to increase the internal rendering resolution would be enough for me.
 
Trying to get back in to this after I found out about BBLauncher.

More info:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeGNqBBQlvM

I've tried to find the love for this game multiple times and always bounce off. Upon starting it again (with a 90fps patch) I think my issue with it is that you're animation locked for the entire attack. It's like DS: PTDE/DS2 in that respect and feels incredibly old and clunky because of it. In newer FromSoft games (and other good Souls-likes including Lies of P) you're only locked into the first half or so of the animation before you can queue your next input and it makes a big difference in how it feels.

ER>>DS:R>DS3>>Lies Of P>>>>Sekiro>>>>>>BB>DS: PTDE>DS2
 
Last edited:
Back
Top