Bloodborne (Rumor)

Anthem is the past...get over it...
I will never get over it, because its such an elegant and glorious example of how wrong you were and the cognitive dissonance you clearly suffer from when defending inexcusable bullshit behavior when it suits your biases.

you're obsessed with Anthem...
I am obsessed with being right....which I was.

and no you did not predict anything...
Oh but I very much did predict it, as did countless others who argued with you about the deplorable state of that game and the fact that EA would never fix it (especially after the Kotaku expose hit the press).

..you hate EA
There you go again being overly emotive about protecting and making excuses for your corporate overlords as if they give a shit about you white knighting for them. All I do is recognize patterns of shitty behavior (for which there are countless precedents in the case of EA), and make a prediction as to how I expect things to pan out.

any EA game you come out with the same gloom and doom before even looking at the game...
Because as I have said, and as EA has repeatedly proven, they are a shit company that more often than not puts out shit broken games. Its a simple hypothesis based on probabilities and past behavior. But please go ahead and keep defending their litany of failures to make you feel better about wasting money on their half baked turds.

Did that hurt your feelings that much eh? If anything I was giving EA the benefit of the doubt that it might turn out to be an improvement on previous BF games which have mostly been disappointing, but I think that is probably being overly optimistic at this stage given their habit of putting out grossly misleading marketing materials.

Because Polonyc2 is still butt hurt about it....and apparently hates posting in rumor threads but will do so anyway if he is in the mood for trolling.

it asked for a name so I put Blade-Runner's name in it...it came up with this :D

"a reliable source that Bloodborne: Remastered is going to be announced soon for Playstation 5, and PC at a later date. It is currently being developed by Playstation Studios and From Software and will release sometime before Elden Ring. It will feature cut content restored"

it asked for a name so I put Blade-Runner's name in it...it came up with this :D

"a reliable source that Bloodborne: Remastered is going to be announced soon for Playstation 5, and PC at a later date. It is currently being developed by Playstation Studios and From Software and will release sometime before Elden Ring. It will feature cut content restored"
Top troll there buddy, but lucky for me I don't need to use a meme generator to fantasize about lol-worthy posts from you....I just look at your post history on [H].

I am tired of these people throwing around remake and remaster like they are the same thing. They are not going to remake Bloodborne. It will just be a remaster..

Lance McDonald, known Souls miner and the guy behind the unofficial BloodBorne 60FPS patch, has taken to Twitter to criticize David Jaffe about yesterday's rumor about Sony releasing a Bloodborne PS5 Remaster or PC version

Yesterday, the creator of the original God of War and Twisted Metal series, David Scott Jaffe, released a new video on YouTube in which he said that Sony is working on a Bloodborne PS5 version or PC port...these claims went viral, and we now have Lance McDonald coming in quite hard at Jaffe for spreading unfounded rumors...in his tweet, the Souls miner and leaker said that Jaffe has fallen from his, once, high place, and currently doesn't have actual insides sources

"It’s so sad to see David Jaffe, the man who made God of War, has fallen so far from his place in the industry that he’s resorted to regurgitating baseless rumors he heard from content creators for clout", McDonald wrote on Twitter some hours ago. He added, "The dude doesn’t even have any actual inside sources anymore. Pathetic"

In a new video, Jaffe later clarified his reply and clarified what he meant with his claims about a PS5/PC version of Bloodborne...

https://twitter.com/davidscottjaffe/status/1656328103483035653

Lance McDonald, known Souls miner and the guy behind the unofficial BloodBorne 60FPS patch, has taken to Twitter to criticize David Jaffe about yesterday's rumor about Sony releasing a Bloodborne PS5 Remaster or PC version

Yesterday, the creator of the original God of War and Twisted Metal series, David Scott Jaffe, released a new video on YouTube in which he said that Sony is working on a Bloodborne PS5 version or PC port...these claims went viral, and we now have Lance McDonald coming in quite hard at Jaffe for spreading unfounded rumors...in his tweet, the Souls miner and leaker said that Jaffe has fallen from his, once, high place, and currently doesn't have actual insides sources

"It’s so sad to see David Jaffe, the man who made God of War, has fallen so far from his place in the industry that he’s resorted to regurgitating baseless rumors he heard from content creators for clout", McDonald wrote on Twitter some hours ago. He added, "The dude doesn’t even have any actual inside sources anymore. Pathetic"

In a new video, Jaffe later clarified his reply and clarified what he meant with his claims about a PS5/PC version of Bloodborne...

https://twitter.com/davidscottjaffe/status/1656328103483035653

McDonald comes across as a douche, especially when you see Jaffe's response.

https://twitter.com/davidscottjaffe/status/1656323856020426752

And it's not like the clarification refutes the rumor, it just makes it clear that his information comes from a journalist who has previously shared accurate information with him.

https://twitter.com/davidscottjaffe/status/1656325199544086528

Most peoples PCs are going to run the Demons Souls remake or a BB remaster shittier than the PS5 will so there is no rush on this. If they are going to do it, and they probably shouldn't, take the time and wait a few generations till the average PC catches up to a modern console.

I'm in the minority wanting to see a Demon's Souls remake hit PC before Bloodborne...I already played BB on the PS4 but DS is the one Souls game I haven't played

I already have the Demon's Souls remake on the PS5, so I'm all for a Bloodborne remake at this point. It's really tough to play the original one. Not just because it only runs at 30fps, but something about how how that game looks literally hurts my eyes. Every time I go back to it, it takes several hours to finally adjust to it. A version of Bloodborne that look on par with the DS remake? That sounds next-level amazing. Honestly, I'd just settle for a 60/120fps patch of the original at this point, though. It still looks decent in stills. I figure the longer we get away from the original the more likely it is that we see a full-blown remake or remaster, though.

but something about how how that game looks literally hurts my eyes. Every time I go back to it, it takes several hours to finally adjust to it.
Pretty sure its the CA (chromatic aberration) you're talking about, you can't turn it off in that game and it causes many people's eyes/brains to feel 'weird' (for lack of a better term) with it on in any game.

Pretty sure its the CA (chromatic aberration) you're talking about, you can't turn it off in that game and it causes many people's eyes/brains to feel 'weird' (for lack of a better term) with it on in any game.

I think that's part of it, but I keep chromatic aberration on in most other games. I think it's a combination of that, the oddball frametimes, just a little bit of motion blur/ghosting, poor framerate, etc. Everything rolled into one makes for perfect storm of eyestrain. Turning on smoothmotion on my TV makes the game no longer hurt my eyes...but it stutters like mad and makes it nigh unplayable.

I already have the Demon's Souls remake on the PS5, so I'm all for a Bloodborne remake at this point. It's really tough to play the original one. Not just because it only runs at 30fps, but something about how how that game looks literally hurts my eyes. Every time I go back to it, it takes several hours to finally adjust to it. A version of Bloodborne that look on par with the DS remake? That sounds next-level amazing. Honestly, I'd just settle for a 60/120fps patch of the original at this point, though. It still looks decent in stills. I figure the longer we get away from the original the more likely it is that we see a full-blown remake or remaster, though.
DS runs well via emulator. 4k, 60FPS, etc. Even the online functionality is restored. A better option than buying a PS5 just for Demons Souls, I think.

I think that's part of it, but I keep chromatic aberration on in most other games. I think it's a combination of that, the oddball frametimes, just a little bit of motion blur/ghosting, poor framerate, etc. Everything rolled into one makes for perfect storm of eyestrain. Turning on smoothmotion on my TV makes the game no longer hurt my eyes...but it stutters like mad and makes it nigh unplayable.
Why would you keep CA on? It makes the image worse by simulating a camera lens defect. I don't know why it would be desirable to have that kind of effect kept on if the option is there to turn it off.

But what you describe is exactly why the PS4 version of Arkham Knight did a number on my eyes. I could never play it more than 15 minutes without my eyes hurting.

Chromatic aberration is an artistic choice...it's mainly used in photography but doesn't always degrade the image in PC gaming...it's a case by case basis for me...I disabled it in Dying Light but leave it enabled in Jedi: Survivor...the only graphics feature I almost always disable is Film Grain

Last edited:
Chromatic aberration is an artistic choice...it is mainly used in photography but it doesn't always degrade the image in PC gaming...it's a case by case basis for me...I disabled it in Dying Light but leave it enabled in Jedi: Survivor...the only graphics feature I almost always disable is Film Grain

That's my take. Sometimes it looks "right" for the game. I dunno. I always kill off film grain (I don't even like that in movies) and camera motion blur.

Same thing happened for me in BB. I usually blame it on the framerate and frame pacing but it's probably a combination of other factors as you mentioned. It sucks as I bought a PS3 mainly for BB and was never able to play for more than an hour or two. I've talked to others that say BB runs great but by the time signal gets from my TV to my eyes to my brain its basically just noise.

Last edited:
Chromatic aberration is an artistic choice...it's mainly used in photography but it doesn't always degrade the image in PC gaming...it's a case by case basis for me...I disabled it in Dying Light but leave it enabled in Jedi: Survivor...the only graphics feature I almost always disable is Film Grain
It's an objectively bad choice.

Back