Blood Set to Return in Remaster of Gory '90s Shooter

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Monolith’s 1997 horror shooter Blood is receiving a restoration courtesy of Nightdive Studios, which was responsible for the remasters of Turok 2: Seeds of Evil, System Shock, and Forsaken. The classic title will feature “updated audio, support for contemporary networks, Steamworks, and GOG Galaxy.”

"Blood stood up extremely well over time and we are taking care to preserve all the qualities that made the game so special," producer Daniel Grayshon said. "It really only needs minor updates to provide a better user experience for contemporary audiences. By using some of the functions of Nightdive’s KEX engine, we’ll be able to provide compatibility with today’s video standards, with DirectX and Vulkan support."

I can't say I remember much about Blood - except maybe... pitchforks?

Published by atari; so it's likely to be underfunded and released prematurely.

I've been using this http://m210.duke4.net/index.php

ebI8lVC.jpg

I hope they live up to the hype! Glad someone's trying, as blood was a cult classic. So good! :D

Nightdive did an awesome job with the Turok games, hopefully this game retains co-op so I can blast through it with some friends.

Can't forget No One Lives Forever 1 & 2. Brilliant games.
I think I recall reading something about how Nightdive really wants to give those two games the same loving treatment they've given to other great classics in recent years, but apparently the IP is tangled up in a big-ass mess of who the fuck knows what. I think they even had some dev builds coming along nicely. Apparently no one is able to figure out just what is going on with the IP rights, let alone attempt to acquire them. I've really been hoping Nightdive would tackle these two games, but I guess I won't be seeing them anytime soon. Anyways not sure how accurate any of that info is, just something I think I remember reading at some point in the last couple years or so.

Maybe its just me but I see most of these remaster as cheap cash grab. Its seems most dev do the bare minimum so the game will work and make some quick money.
I'd prefer a fully remastered version with current gfx with a higher price tag. I don't wanna play with these old looking "remastered" gfx.
Of all those I tried, the memory I had of the original game would have been better left alone.

I'm probably not the target audience since I rarely play a SP game more then once tough.

Back