Block of Ice Glowing Red Hot?

The youtubers are saying its induction heating the metals in the water and making them glowing hot but that they don't have enough surface area to melt it quickly.

I'd say its an icecube cap over an iron bolt, the induction heater heats up the bolt, hollows out the ice a bit, but thats invisible since it never broke through to the outside of the cube.

I say it's a big fucking block of ice, so won't melt instantly just because you put a flame on it.

how do you shop a video? you would need to do it frame by frame and make sure it all syncs.

Well it IS melting if no one else here noticed, slowly melting yes, but still melting

I wonder is it is ice made with water. There is those heat packs where it look like ice but is hot.

It's induction heating, that's what the black coils are for.

I worked at a place back in the 90's that used this method to start a reaction a carbon tub filled with powdered metal to create specific alloys. We used copper tubing for water cooled induction coils and an old 12kW Lepel power supply that was around as big as a Mini Cooper.

There is something inside the ice heating up. Like somebody else stated probably metal bolts. watchh how certain parts get red hot inside the ice.

We have Hanford not far from here (see Old Nuke Reactor and Leaking Bi-Products). The water down there comes out GLOWING all the time.

http://www.hanford.gov/

DM

Oh yeah, this post is filled with a link that takes you right to an area that supports exactly what it says... another tree hugger at work... in case you don't know, nuke storage ponds where they tend to store spent nuke fuel do glow, but not because of a leaky chemical, but because of ionizing radiation. I'm sure he will claim to know this so that he doesn't look the part of not being smart. I just love people who love to spread disiformation.

He is probably one that doesn't know that the deer population in the US is at a level never before in recorded history and will blame all the car v deer issues on intoxicated drivers.

Oh yeah, this post is filled with a link that takes you right to an area that supports exactly what it says... another tree hugger at work... in case you don't know, nuke storage ponds where they tend to store spent nuke fuel do glow, but not because of a leaky chemical, but because of ionizing radiation. I'm sure he will claim to know this so that he doesn't look the part of not being smart. I just love people who love to spread disiformation.

He is probably one that doesn't know that the deer population in the US is at a level never before in recorded history and will blame all the car v deer issues on intoxicated drivers.

no its the intoxicated deers fault.. or should i say the starving deer since theres not enough food for the insanely over sized population..

Personally I think that the heating element is covered with a heat resistant C Channel. The glow you see in the ice is just the glow from the actual heating element.

Personally I think that the heating element is covered with a heat resistant C Channel. The glow you see in the ice is just the glow from the actual heating element.

Except the 'heating element' isn't glowing at all, is it?. At most, it reflects the light coming from the ice. Look at the static picture on Steve's news item.

Induction heating of impurities it is.

Except the 'heating element' isn't glowing at all, is it?. At most, it reflects the light coming from the ice. Look at the static picture on Steve's news item.

Induction heating of impurities it is.

The outside of the element isn't glowing, which is why I believe that it's in something or coated in something.

That being said, without more information all we have is speculation and opinion.

Here's an instance where comments "that's cool" or "that's hot" would be equally applicable. ;)

Its not ice. No where does that video mention that is ice.

Its just glass that has some condensation on it. For example, it was put in the freezer for a bit, then immediately heated.

If it was ice it would crack immediately as soon as that degree of heat was put near it.

If I had to guess, I'd say there's a week spot in the coil somewhere where it's hidden by the ice, and the ice is diffusing the light as the weak spot is burning up under what's got to be a ridiculous amount of amps.

1. There's definitely a flame
2. It's also melting, most noticeably around 25s in.

When I read his post I was going to ask for pics or shens, but you already shut him up.

The outside of the element isn't glowing, which is why I believe that it's in something or coated in something.

That being said, without more information all we have is speculation and opinion.

The induction coil doesn't glow. The energy is coming from RF. Think something more like a microwave. That coil is an antenna.

My guess is this is a form of induction lighting. Air is trapped in the ice, and part of that air is a specific gas that is glowing when exciting from a RF frequency.

Its not ice. No where does that video mention that is ice.

Its just glass that has some condensation on it. For example, it was put in the freezer for a bit, then immediately heated.

If it was ice it would crack immediately as soon as that degree of heat was put near it.

you are quite wrong, if that was indeed solid glass, you would need to heat that to almost 2200 degrees F inorder to produce that red glow and no kind of induction can heat glass that hot in such a short amount of time.

It's not burning the ice. It's burning the Hydrogen and Oxygen that the ice used to be. Toward the end, the ice is no longer melting, it is sublimating.

:thumbs up:

... theres not enough food for the insanely over sized population..

This will put an end to the insanely over sized population in a short while. Unless you you count all the deer hunters I know that love to fill up their deer feeders every few weeks :D

Back