Blizzard Doesn't Like Windows 8 Either

Heatless, these are the people who are helping you defend windows 8. They actually believe Metro is the start menu.

PicardDoubleFacepalm-1.jpg

Wow, talk about having no clue. The funniest part is that you're not selling clues, you're giving them away! :D

Are you trolling me, lol. Of course theres going to be music artist displayed when you go to the music app. Of course theres going to be games displayed when you go to the games app. Same with the movies app. LOL. I thought you were meaning ads like Newegg ads in the games app. Go on Steam, guess what youll see? Games. Go buy music online or in astore and guess what else you'll see? Other artist. Go to the movies, rent a movie, yep movie posters and other movies.

The ads aren't games or even games related. On several applications you get ads for random shit like phones and holidays, and pages of music you don;t own before you get to your content. It's supposed to be a music player, not some other "store" crap. :D

although i like windows 8.

i hope it is a failure. a failure so big that microsoft goes belly up. then no more windows. everyone will have to buy macs. apple will then do what they always do. "gaming? on a mac? lol"

just so i can watch all the haters go "fuck, we should have just chilled out and taken a midol over that start menu thing =/"

since i cant edit ill just add this here.

seriously, you guys are being little bitches about the whole thing. man up, its just a start menu

although i like windows 8.

i hope it is a failure. a failure so big that microsoft goes belly up. then no more windows. everyone will have to buy macs. apple will then do what they always do. "gaming? on a mac? lol"

just so i can watch all the haters go "fuck, we should have just chilled out and taken a midol over that start menu thing =/"

Never would happen. People would stick with 7 or Vista or even Windows 8 over the buggy mess which is OSx. Then probably Ubuntu.

:D
Heatless, these are the people who are helping you defend windows 8. They actually believe Metro is the start menu.

For a bit more perspective on the difference between Metro and the traditional windows desktop:

If you take every single Linux distro that has ever been created, and I emphasize ever, they'll have more in common with each other than does the windows desktop to Metro.

God damn you. You keep sucking me back in, lol. I guess you can call it defending. All I know is that the majority of things being said on the surface is bullshit. Win 8 works, its not closed, which means you or anybody else (Blizz) can continue to do what they have been doing.

You say its two os's, cool. Honestly, I shouldn't be arguing if it is or isn't cause I don't have a fucking clue either way. The only fact that I do know is that it works for me. Anyways, Im enjoying this community so far. This is the most I ever posted on here so it feels like my first day posting,hehe. I will be lurking to see if this debate continues (probably put in more of two sense too) :D.

Before game consoles became online, games had to work without any patches. Nowadays developers have no problem with their customers being the beta testers. Otherwise, patching was a PC only thing. Something I remember console gamers made jokes about a lot. The jokes on you now. :D
uh no, before online patching we were stuck with a game's problems. that doesn't mean games used to "work" I'm not sure why people are conflating those two facts. the reality is we had tons of bugs but players used those glitches to get unlimited lives and high scores, etc. and those games were 8 bit side scrollers or top down with the most advanced graphics being sprites...not even remotely comparable to the games that are produced today with major blockbuster film level budgets and full teams of animators and motion caps.

then for a long time we had patches but they were available via expansion purchases or contacting the publisher.

at no time do I remember some golden era of gaming where games just came out of the box bug free. heck, they didn't even come in stand up arcades bug-free for that matter

Metro is not the start menu. Yep. The encryption tools notwithstanding. Granted, you'll get better encryption via third-party programs anyway. They've been losing the server game for years now, it isn't surprising.

You guys don't actually work on corporate servers do you?

Ok...let me spell it out: No one uses EFS anyways, it should have never been part of NTFS5. As far as encryption, it has bitlocker, but no one will use that either, because file systems in enterprise servers are never encrypted. Besides all of that, it's also not the default file system as it is not even used as the boot file system, plus guid support is still there as well as NTFS.

You guys don't actually work on corporate servers do you?

Ok...let me spell it out: No one uses EFS anyways, it should have never been part of NTFS5. As far as encryption, it has bitlocker, but no one will use that either, because file systems in enterprise servers are never encrypted. Besides all of that, it's also not the default file system as it is not even used as the boot file system, plus guid support is still there as well as NTFS.

Microsoft should just port btrfs to Windows and be done with it.

I do not trust Bitlocker or EFS for security. I have no way to inspect the source code and thus have no way to verify that there is not a backdoor in it. If I need to encrypt drives on Windows, I use TrueCrypt.

For a bit more perspective on the difference between Metro and the traditional windows desktop:

If you take every single Linux distro that has ever been created, and I emphasize ever, they'll have more in common with each other than does the windows desktop to Metro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wt87mXL_ftg

"Morons.I'm surrounded by morons.I got morons on my team." ~SCROOGE MCDUCK

pelo, I will probably laugh myself to sleep tonight thinking about that quote and picture.:D

I think you are severely underestimating the diversity of Linux distros out there. My Motorola SB6120 cable modem has very little in common with my Fedora 17 workstation.

Someone make a mod for w8 that strips out all the Metro garbage(online log in) too, makes the old standard windows interface the default, then tests it against w7 and out preforms it, I might consider it.

It outperforms w7 with the said metro "garbage" already ;)

I think you are severely underestimating the diversity of Linux distros out there. My Motorola SB6120 cable modem has very little in common with my Fedora 17 workstation.

That is what you took from that comment?

At least it now makes perfect sense why they'd use and defend win8. They don't know what the hell it is at all!

You have much more persistence than me. I got into a Vista discussion once and it went to a place so magical I thought I was talking to a Mac user.

metro = shit

changing something that just plain works since windows 3.1 is just a dick move .

Maybe Blizzard is thinking of muscling an alternative to the MS PC as a platform for gaming...

gaming is the only reason I need Windows...

at this point I don't really have a clear idea of how developers work with Windows to deliver a game, however. How monumental of a task would it be to compete with DirectX...

In terms of corporations making games, I can't forget what happened to Bioware at the hands of EA with the release of DO:A....

It seems as though that intrinsic love that makes a game great usually cannot survive corporations for long

Back