Bleeding air bubbles

That would not work well for water, it is too thin. You would need to pull the water out faster then the pump for the system to even have a chance.

Reactions: magda
like this
Usually air bubbles take care of themselves.

Most coolants use some sort of surfactant that breaks down the surface tension in the water, making bubbles a much smaller problem than they would otherwise be. It also helps to have your pump intake further away from your return in your reservoir, so air bubbles don't immediately get sucked into the pump as they return from the loop.

Bubbles almost always get caught in a loop somewhere, but over time, usually in the first several hours, they work their way out through normal use, and move to the top of the reservoir, and then you can just top it off.

If you have a particularly stubborn air bubble, "case gymnastics" should take care of it. You know, running the pump and leaning the case from side to side and front to back several times until you no longer hear air rushing through the system.

A system like this should not be necessary.

That said, this is part of the fun with water loops. Coming up with unique and custom solutions is fun! You can do things YOUR way, and if you want to, try it :p

Most coolants use some sort of surfactant that breaks down the surface tension in the water, making bubbles a much smaller problem than they would otherwise be. It also helps to have your pump intake further away from your return in your reservoir, so air bubbles don't immediately get sucked into the pump as they return from the loop.

Bubbles almost always get caught in a loop somewhere, but over time, usually in the first several hours, they work their way out through normal use, and move to the top of the reservoir, and then you can just top it off.

If you have a particularly stubborn air bubble, "case gymnastics" should take care of it. You know, running the pump and leaning the case from side to side and front to back several times until you no longer hear air rushing through the system.

That said, this is part of the fun with water loops. Coming up with unique and custom solutions is fun! You can do things YOUR way, and if you want to, try it :p
Yes, I am familiar with "case gymnastics"
😁

Just wondering if it could be done quicker 😉

My last redo was very bad. I waterblocked my 4090 and installed a 13900ks so I had to redo some tubing and reinstall stuff. So when I came time to refill the loop the water would not budge. There was no movement at all of the water. After flopping the rig over on it's side then the other side then back and forth still nothing. I had to actually flip the entire rig up side down to finally get the bubble to give in. After that it was smooth sailing but up untill that point it was extremely frustrating because nothing was working. Also my rig is heavy af with water blocks and 3 rads full of water and full reservoir and tubes full it's probably close to 100 lbs? Flipping a huge 100lb box of electronics full of water isn't exactly easy or comforting lol but I had to do what I had to do. Sheesh.

Reactions: magda
like this
My last redo was very bad. I waterblocked my 4090 and installed a 13900ks so I had to redo some tubing and reinstall stuff. So when I came time to refill the loop the water would not budge. There was no movement at all of the water. After flopping the rig over on it's side then the other side then back and forth still nothing. I had to actually flip the entire rig up side down to finally get the bubble to give in. After that it was smooth sailing but up untill that point it was extremely frustrating because nothing was working. Also my rig is heavy af with water blocks and 3 rads full of water and full reservoir and tubes full it's probably close to 100 lbs? Flipping a huge 100lb box of electronics full of water isn't exactly easy or comforting lol but I had to do what I had to do. Sheesh.
Hehehe, yeah, that's my problem!
How the heck am I supposed to pick up and shake shake shake a 30kg case!! I'm a strong girl, but still...

Tees and reservoirs people.

I love having a drain tee and a fill tee/reservoir right before the pump if not integrated. I'm not wrestling anymore if I can help it.

do you have pics?
Not handy but I'll check for some later.

Basically put a tee with a valve after the pump outlet, and a tee with hose going up before the pump inlet - and/or a reservoir. Let the pump purge all the air, fill res/long hose, eventually it'll be tiny bubbles that settle out in the res/hose in a couple hours. Won't hurt the pump

Case gymnastics are not fun when the system is HUGE and weights over 100lb XD. But yea generally they work themselves out after a while. I watch the water level in my res and crack it open when I see it dropped some. after a couple weeks I don't get the little hiss of air coming out when I crack it open. I then too it off and done with it.

Case gymnastics are not fun when the system is HUGE and weights over 100lb XD. But yea generally they work themselves out after a while. I watch the water level in my res and crack it open when I see it dropped some. after a couple weeks I don't get the little hiss of air coming out when I crack it open. I then too it off and done with it.

Tell me about it. The Corsair 1000D system is not light. I did a full range of case gymnastics last time I filled it, but I thin next time (if there is one) I'd just let time do its thing.

Last edited:
Tell me about it. The Corsair 100D system is not light. I did a full range of case gymnastics last time I filled it, but I thin next time (if there is one) I'd just let time do its thing.
There is no way I could have just waited. The water had absolutely no flow at all. I'm pretty sure that was stressing the pump out? It was anxiety inducing lol. I went to the length of flipping it upside-down. Case gymnastics is very appropriate of a description. I've never needed to flip it completely on it's head =/

There is no way I could have just waited. The water had absolutely no flow at all. I'm pretty sure that was stressing the pump out? It was anxiety inducing lol. I went to the length of flipping it upside-down. Case gymnastics is very appropriate of a description. I've never needed to flip it completely on it's head =/

Wow, I've never had an air bubble that bad. Did you use a coolant with a surfactant?

Interesting. Difficult routing maybe?
You mean flow rate? I don't have any meters or sensors but the flow is good. I see a vortex created in the red when I go full speed on the d5. It does go through 3 rads and 2 blocks so maybe? I feel like the bubble gets caught in the upright rad against the front of the case? Only the bottom quarter of the rad is lower than the pump but the inlet outlet ports are on the top which may not matter. When I had the loop with only 2 rads one on the roof and one on the back I never had this issue. But adding an additional 360mm is too nice. I gain a lot of additional cooling since all the rads are exhausted and none of the rad air is ever reintroduced into another rad they just all exhaust straight out in an negative pressure setup (which is what is recommended by Corsair for these types of WC setups.)

Back