Blade Runner 2049 Official Trailer

Discussion in 'HardForum Tech News' started by Megalith, May 9, 2017.

1. Megalith

Megalith 24-bit/48kHz Staff Member

The Blade Runner sequel could very well suck and be a total disgrace to the original, but at least we know the cinematography will be good. Aside from the excellent visuals, the most striking thing to me is how little Harrison Ford cares these days—he looks as if he just rolled out of bed in all his scenes, not even bothering to change out of a gray t-shirt. I didn’t know costume designers had it so easy.

Thirty years after the events of the first film, a new blade runner, LAPD Officer K (Ryan Gosling), unearths a long-buried secret that has the potential to plunge what’s left of society into chaos. K’s discovery leads him on a quest to find Rick Deckard (Harrison Ford), a former LAPD blade runner who has been missing for 30 years. From executive producer Ridley Scott and director Denis Villeneuve, Blade Runner 2049 stars Ryan Gosling, Harrison Ford, Ana De Armas, MacKenzie Davis, Sylvia Hoeks, Lennie James, Carla Juri, Robin Wright, Dave Bautista and Jared Leto.

Etherton likes this.
  2. twonunpackmule

twonunpackmule [H]ard|Gawd

I have a feeling the dialog is going to be a groaner. I already rolled my eyes once or twice in the trailer. Still, I look forward to it. I think I rather have the film with just the soundtrack.

3. ir0nw0lf

ir0nw0lf [H]ardness Supreme

I am tempering my expectations. Don't want to get myself into a hype frenzy.

Inglix_the_Mad likes this.
  4. scojer

scojer 2[H]4U

I'm glad it's a sequel and not a reboot.

5. Criticalhitkoala

Criticalhitkoala [H]ard|Gawd

Please give me Sean Young circa 1981 please without the mental disabilities.

Talyrius, Burticus and amddragonpc like this.
  6. chaikovski2002

chaikovski2002 2[H]4U

Shes very beautiful but she really went ape shit didnt she? I was reading up on that after watching the original Blade Runner.

Criticalhitkoala likes this.
  7. fuzzylogik

fuzzylogik Gawd

will certainly watch. need to watch the original again... its been a long time :p

8. polonyc2

polonyc2 [H]ardForum Junkie

visually it looks amazing...totally captures the feel of the original...story wise we'll have to wait and see

Kalabalana likes this.
  9. shad0w4life

shad0w4life Gawd

I have a feeling this jackarse, Denis Villeneuve, will ruin it and have it end up like that steaming pile of turd Arrival, I'm thinking he's going to have this all end up a dream in some androids head showing that they can have nightmares or some attempted new Shyamalan, over the top ending.

10. Madoc

Madoc Gawd

"It's too bad she won't live. But then again, who does?"

Please don't do this... but I suppose there's just too much money to be made in canning nostalgia.

11. Gigus Fire

Gigus Fire 2[H]4U

Gotta break out the geriatrics for this film.

12. Chebsy

Chebsy Gawd

I am looking forward to this, the original was one of my all time favorites. Nice to see that they are still using Vangelis music for the new one, it keeps it in character with the original.

13. azuza001

azuza001 Gawd

Wait, was that Dave batista looking old in there for a second?

I don't know how to react to that, did not realize he was in it.

Trimlock likes this.
  14. Wolf-R1

Wolf-R1 [H]ard|Gawd

He's a replicant. Or whatever this movie's version of replicants are. I sure as hell hope this movie doesn't have a ton of canned moments and is just running off of the name...

15. Redmud

Redmud [H]Lite

He is supposed to be redoing Dune as well.

16. percydaman

percydaman Limp Gawd

WTF was wrong with Arrival? I thought the ending was fine.

Talyrius and XBarbarian like this.
  17. SixFootDuo

SixFootDuo [H]ardness Supreme

fukking Jared Leto and Ryan Gosling?

Greeeeeeeat ..... those guys have zero street cred with a lot of people, especially me. Their acting is second to their looks.

Wait .... I get it. They brought them into the movie so the movie would appeal to women as well. Terrible terrible.

Nothing I'm getting excited about that's for sure. Looks too emo, too cliche .... I rolled my eyes in several parts of the trailer.

Maybe I need to be a millennial to like this movie?

I mean millennials pay $10 dollars for a coffee ... why not watch a shit movie afterwards thats been crafted with marketing in mind?

18. SixFootDuo

Arrival was ok. Slow movie most of the time and the ending really left you feeling empty. Also, let's not talk about the drab color pallet of the entire movie that was awash in every dark tone imaginable.

19. Trimlock

Trimlock [H]ardForum Junkie

There's so much win in this.

20. amddragonpc

amddragonpc [H]ard|Gawd

Ryan Gosling? Ugh, I'll wait till this comes out on RedBox.

21. dark_reign

dark_reign 2[H]4U

22. Evil Scooter

Evil Scooter [H]ard|Gawd

Hoping it's "good".. might actually got to a theater to see this one.

23. Burticus

Burticus 2[H]4U

Coming soon to a Redbox near me. I'm not paying a cent to see this in the theater.

And yeah, Indy Solo is just cashing checks at this point.

24. shad0w4life

shad0w4life Gawd

It was pretty much the opening scene in fifth element on loop. Really it was a movie about translating language and then a woman who made a pretty horrible decision to condemn a child to an early death and destroy the father for a big "plot twist" attempt.
    Nothing explained on why the aliens needed help etc.

25. twonunpackmule

twonunpackmule [H]ard|Gawd

You absolutely didn't seem to get it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternal_return

26. Zarathustra[H]

Zarathustra[H] Official Forum Curmudgeon

Only 32 years left...

Talyrius and fuzzylogik like this.
  27. MrBonk

MrBonk Limp Gawd

"K’s discovery leads him on a quest to find Rick Deckard (Harrison Ford), a former LAPD blade runner who has been missing for 30 years."

Sounds exactly like the paper thin plot to The Farce Awakens. Except replace Luke with Han.

28. Chapeau

Chapeau Gawd

Totally agree - I thought it was quite a nice spin. Especially so given how many movies cater only to the lowest denominator in order to guarantee a solid profit. I quite liked the casting also!

Does anyone get a touch of Ghost in the Shell with this Blade Runner trailer?
    - I feel like it immediately ages the movie in the same way that 80's sci-fi had that "blocky construction future" look to it.

29. Krenum

Krenum [H]ardForum Junkie

Can't wait! Its gonna be good!

30. Krenum

Have you seen Requiem for a Dream or Drive? .......

Talyrius and scojer like this.
  31. HeavensCloud

HeavensCloud Oswego, not shitty as Buffalo

Holy shit it looks good! Loved the music I hear so far too. I think the cast will be good here, I'm actually more worried about Ford's overacting as he can do.

32. ol1bit

ol1bit [H]ard|Gawd

I can't wait! Got me to play Satellite Reign on Steam as well! What a cool game, looks like the movie was make after it.

33. illaghee

illaghee Limp Gawd

34. Youn

Youn [H]ardness Supreme

maybe he can't unsee "The Notebook" and "My So Called Life"

35. Bigbacon

Bigbacon [H]ardForum Junkie

i bet it ends up being another hollywood reboot/sequel that becomes an action movie.

36. tungt88

tungt88 [H]ard|Gawd

Drive was good, but Gosling was not the best thing in it -- the scenery/background and music were. Story was fun, too.
    Ryan's acting was ok, maybe above average. He doesn't really play "strong" characters well on-screen, and he definitely doesn't give out that James Dean vibe.
    I can appreciate that he's trying not to be typecasted, but he's never going to be Gibson in Mad Max or Stallone in a Rambo movie. And he doesn't have the mix of brashness and grit that Ford can put out.
    Ryan's acting capabilities are actually quite limited (with respect to his legions of adoring fans).
    He WAS pretty good in The Big Short as the snarky Deutsche Bank guy, though -- that, he played well, to the point in which one might wonder if he's anything like that in real life ...

37. Smashing Young Man

Smashing Young Man [H]ard|Gawd

It began by really capturing the feel of the original with the atmospheric synth music and even a frickin' Atari logo. Then as the trailer went on became louder and more typical modern action-y sci-fi.

38. SixFootDuo

I really liked Drive and especially the sound-track.

But c'mon .... he has little to no emotional delivery. He is one dimensional / dead-pan. His looks are wearing thin on me, probably a lot of people. You do understand that his allure is all about his looks and being the quiet type with the occasional sheepish grin.

There's a reason they cast him in this movie. It sure as hell wasn't for his acting. It was the investors for the movie wanting to bring in female audience viewers. I'm sure he would tell you this himself if asked.

And Leto? What the fukk are a couple of young pretty boys doing in one of my favorite god damn franchises?

Go back and watch the trailer. It's just too cliche, the large scope of the scenes, the running around and chasing people. Let's not get started with the two pretty boys that absolutely do not fit into their roles for any other reason than marketing purposes.

Lot of people are slamming the trailer .......... jeeze, I wonder why?

39. Krenum

Pretty boys as opposed to pretty girls like Daryl Hana & Frida? :rolleyes:

40. NickJames

NickJames [H]ardness Supreme

Did you ever watch Blade Runner?

Talyrius and Pringle like this.