Black Ops...really?

mrmagoo_83

2[H]4U
I know I'm a bit late to the ballgame, as usual. And after much back and forth purchased this game for myself and a buddy. I talked with many friends, and read tons of stuff online, but my buddies said they loved it, at this point I realize I need new friends.

I cannot believe Activision let this crap out the door. I have played for lets say 5 days, a few hours each day, and am already ready to sell this POS. I was not a superstar at MW2 by no means, but could hold my own, and loved the hardcore objective maps; but it seems BO is totally geared towards the run & gun, kill it if it moves, no tactics, BS that I hated about non-hardcore MW2. And they removed so much stuff from hardcore.

And the kiddies running hacks are unbelievable, we have already run across the warping/speed hacks, we spawned last night on a demolition match and before we stepped out the door of the spawn point a guy was already running past us, spraying as he sprinted, killed both of us and planted the bomb, three seconds into the game we had both been killed and the bomb planted. Of course then this same kid is seen running all over the map killing our team as we spawn, no matter where we run or hide he is right there. The other team has a combined kill total of around 500, our team has a total of about 25. The no reload hacks, are rampant, as well, nothing like watching a guy auto fire a pistol forever with no need to reload or any recoil, never knew a six shot pistol held 6000 rounds and was full auto.

Then there are the stupid helicopters, every five seconds there is an enemy copter coming in and lasting for way too long, just demolishing our entire team, we cant even get a rocket off at them because there are three of them in the air, if we did get one down, another came in. It was a nightmare. Not to mention that even with marathon and lightweight pro being on, we seemed to be moving at super slow motion compared to everyone on the other team, our entire team was stuck in molasses.

The bullet damage is stupid in normal mode, have to use an entire mag to kill someone, in hardcore I am popping head shots with a sniper rifle and getting hit markers, down the guy into last stand and he caps me with a pistol from behind a rock a good hundred yards off, seriously...

And the lag spikes are ridiculous. Trying to make a jump, oh look lag, I missed my landing. Guy running at me, I'm firing, head shot, oh wait he's behind me now. I was screaming last night, threw a frag into a group of four thinking sweet got a multi-kill, host change, frag goes off during the change, the four turn and kill me as we come back online.

Ok, I'm done ranting, and I didn't even complain about the graphics engine being made by kindergarten kids, I'm going to give it another day or two, kill some zombies, and then go back to MW2 probably. I don't foresee a patch coming out anytime soon for the 360, that will fix any of this crap.

Perhaps you should try BFBC2 if you want a more tactical game.

i play BO on occasion on xbox and i don't notice alot of hacks. remember that almost every has UAV's which is genneraly why i run ghost

You must have some really bad luck and a bad connection. I've put some time into BO and I've never seen a single hacker. I'm playing 360 too. Also BO is much more well balanced than that mess of a game MW2.

Kind of sounds like you just had some bad luck with those games...they do allow you to leave the game.

i hated it at first. now i like it. what really pisses me off are people that play domination to pad their numbers and treat it like deathmatch instead of domination. Never help you get an objective and dont care whether they win or lose a match.

I hope its just bad luck, I sure hate to have spent that much money on a game that is horrible. I used domination to boost my numbers so I could get into hardcore, but I captured all the flags and defended them, that was the best way to get bonus points to rank up. But I do agree, its nuts when people will not gather and work together to get an objective, I watched an opposing team run in a huge group, they could capture flags nearly by running through them because they were all on it at the same time, it was awesome teamwork.

I come from the America's Army type game, where I was in a large clan that worked well to complete the objectives, MW2 and BOs seems so much more individual based.

I'm going to give it some more time, maybe I'm just not seeing what everyone else is seeing, cause right now I want to use the disc as a clay pigeon.

I come from the America's Army type game, where I was in a large clan that worked well to complete the objectives, MW2 and BOs seems so much more individual based.

Oh yah, AA and the CoD franchise are pretty much polar opposites. AA you actually have to know what your doing and have skill in the game, and in CoD you can mostly get by on dumb luck and killstreaks. Itll just take some getting used to.

Better? 25MB up/down on FIOS isn't good enough?
you can have full on gigabit to the public and it wouldn't matter if your not host.
no dedicated servers
i've been playing since launch, and have yet to run across any hacks or the likes.

I didn't mean for it to come across like I was lagging the entire match, only certain times every so often, but enough to notice.

I'm not one to say just because I got shot someone was hacking, I'm simply saying I have seen the super fast jumping guys, and the no reload/no recoil first hand, plus the modded controller guys firing fast as can be. Your revolver shouldn't sound like an automatic weapon.

First of all, never again compare BO to MW2. MW2 could literally be the worst video game ever invented and sold to people. It was the most broken game in the history of video games with, WAYYY too many cheaters, guns over powered, terrible maps, ect. (this is coming from a kid with a 3.17 k/d ratio)

Secondly, please dont talk about "noobs" when you're playing the hardcore playlist. The hardcore playlist has always been for noobs ever since COD4. Its for kids that love to camp and can be terrible at aiming, but as long as the can hit you one time they're good.

Thirdly, every single thing you said bad about BO was in MW2 but way worse and there was even more BS stuff in MW2. At least BO took out most of the BS perks that were in MW2, balanced the guns a lot better, and made much more game types for semi-competitive players such as classic and barebones.

Heres my advice to you. If you like competitive gaming, start playing the MLG settings for COD. http://www.majorleaguegaming.com/ theres the website.

Another option would be to go to a much more skillful game which would be Halo 3 and get into the MLG playlist in that game. You can even try reach MLG (as much as I hate Reach for my reasons, It still takes more skill than COD.

If you dont care for playing MLG or GB, my advice would be to go back to COD2 or 4. COD2 IMO takes the most skill along with halo3 and Shadowrun .

If you choose to not take any of my advice, the only advice to give would be to stop complaining and sell your xbox, because if you're going to keep playing public matches in games like COD, you're always going to play against cheaters and noobs.

Hope I helped.

Mike.

Last edited:
PS...Its seems to my you like games with teamwork. In that case I would check out Halo 3 and Reach. Both are very competitive and require a lot of team work. (MLG playlist)

I play BO on PC and xbox 360, no hackers on the 360 that ive run across. I have seen aimbot users on the PC, but almost all the servers im on have an admin thats on and they get banned real fast. Just sounds like you have bad luck.

And just because your "speed" is good doesnt mean your ping is!

Ping does not equal connection speed, I do understand that, but a ping under 50ms should be good enough.

I played a little more last night, without my buddy who fell asleep when he got home from work, such a slacker; and it was a bit different. No speedy kids running around, no getting shot through rocks and such. Was actually a decent experience, not without flaws, but much better than previous attempts.

I played a little more last night, without my buddy who fell asleep when he got home from work, such a slacker; and it was a bit different. No speedy kids running around, no getting shot through rocks and such. Was actually a decent experience, not without flaws, but much better than previous attempts.

Funny how in your first post you absolutely trashes this game. Gotta love the irony. :rolleyes:

Oh dont get me wrong, I still have super negative feelings against this game, even if it was just 'bad luck' as some of you say, but as I said, I'm more of a team based tactical person than run and gun and die. I play search because its a lot more tactical, the no-respawn I love, takes away from the running around like chickens with your head cut off shooting everywhere. And I know I'm not alone, I have ran into a number of folks that went back to MW2 and quite playing BO because they had numerous issues with it.

So to each his own I guess, still think this looks and feels like an early 2001ish game.

Oh dont get me wrong, I still have super negative feelings against this game, even if it was just 'bad luck' as some of you say, but as I said, I'm more of a team based tactical person than run and gun and die. I play search because its a lot more tactical, the no-respawn I love, takes away from the running around like chickens with your head cut off shooting everywhere. And I know I'm not alone, I have ran into a number of folks that went back to MW2 and quite playing BO because they had numerous issues with it.

So to each his own I guess, still think this looks and feels like an early 2001ish game.
Start playing with GB or MLG settings, like it was said earlier. Seriously entirely different game.

STOP with MW2. That game is a joke of a game and it was basically made for the casuals and 10 year olds so they could stop complaining about every COD they sucked at.

Then there are the stupid helicopters, every five seconds there is an enemy copter coming in and lasting for way too long, just demolishing our entire team, we cant even get a rocket off at them because there are three of them in the air,

Thats funny, there can only be 1 helicopter in the air at one time!!!!

Put Ghost pro on and you wont have to worry about the copters anyways:rolleyes:

So much fail in your post. Sounds like your a n00b complaining about getting owned.

Sounds like your a n00b complaining about getting owned.

I was waiting on this exact quote, simply because someone complains about a game they are automatically a n00b and just suck at the game, the joys of the internet community, sheesh.

Yes there were three plus enemy copters on the map at one time, so that right there according to your statement means I'm either lying, or backs up my statement that I was playing with a hacker...so thanks for the support on that one.

I think I'll ask for this thread to be closed before we start a thread battle, oh God some kiddie might threaten to show up at my house and beat me cause I dissed his favorite video game in this thread.

I was waiting on this exact quote, simply because someone complains about a game they are automatically a n00b and just suck at the game, the joys of the internet community, sheesh.

Yes there were three plus enemy copters on the map at one time, so that right there according to your statement means I'm either lying, or backs up my statement that I was playing with a hacker...so thanks for the support on that one.

I think I'll ask for this thread to be closed before we start a thread battle, oh God some kiddie might threaten to show up at my house and beat me cause I dissed his favorite video game in this thread.

I cant speak for everyone, but i have played the game enough to say that hacking isnt a problem. Maybe, you were in the one lobby on live that was hacked, who knows. But comparing hacking to MW2, it's night and day...

BTW you can close your own thread....

Well it sounds like to me CoD just really isn't your thing anyways. You seem to like team heavy games. Have you tried BFBC2? Much more team based. Games like L4D1 & 2 might be worth looking into. Monday Night Combat is a greatly overlooked gem.

We love L4D1 & 2, been playing them like crazy, just wanted something new. We debated BFBC2, just hadn't made that switch yet.

Yes hacking in MW2 is nuts, but we found tons of sites for hacks in BO as well.

I know I can close my own thread, I was trying to be funny, not one of my best attributes.

yea your either a COD fan or your not. For some reason, the BFBC2 fans love to hate on the COD series. Im not a fan of BFBC2, just not my cup of tea. But try it out, it might be more your style.

He never said you were a noob. He said YOU SOUND like a noob complaining over a game because you're bad at it. He never confirmed you were a noob.

IMO you do sound like a noob, not for complaining, but for playing publics in COD BO in the first place. If you say you're not a noob then get into MLG or GB and play their settings. If not, stop complaining because thats what happens in public matches.

Last edited:
Do it. Better than CoD series hands down IMO. Destructable environments, vehicles, classes and huge maps with CoD style levelling = win.

+ 1 for BFBC2.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure BO is a lot of fun but that particular type of play style ( counter-strike run and gun) ended for me a bit ago.

I personally see COD as a run and gun blast your face instant gratifacation every 2 seconds.

I see BFBC2 as more tactical more thought out, no much run and gunning in this game. That and well I like seeing sniper muzzle flashes coming from a building and toasting the whole side of the building from 500 years away with an Abrams/T80.

Thanks to BFBC2 I can't play any FPS that does not have the same or near same physics...I am spoiled now. All those years getting caught on white fences in vehicles no to just run the damned things over....I don't think I could every make the switch to something 'inferior' just my .02 :p

OK, Black Ops has its flaws, but you are not describing the same game I am playing. I'm playing it on the PC, the breeding ground for hacks, where MW2 became the most infested and unplayable game I've played in my decade foray into online gaming. I've seen maybe 2 aimbotters in two months. Choppers are not that common. Bullet damage is such that it takes 3-4 hits to kill people with almost every automatic weapon. Headshots do NOT put targets into last stand, they kill them instantly.

I suspect it is time to employ a good meme: he mad cuz he bad. You are making false claims and badly exaggerating your complaints out of pure emotionality. It doesn't stand up for a second.

chiming in to say I've also never seen anyone running hacks on xbox live, I'm half way through my first prestige.

I think CoD multiplayer gameplay is closer to UT than anything else, it's not tactical or anything like CS / BF. I think the main reason for this is the random spawn points. I don't like it when enemies can spawn behind you randomly and stuff.

Back