Black Ops PC ~$49 @ direct2drive

bit, thanks op. was looking for just this kind of deal so I didn't have to pay $60+ (after missing the other deals -_-; )

Was going to get this at frys. most new PC games are discounted on release date but showing in fridays Indpls add that is going to be $60.00 :rolleyes: In for one, Thanks OP

Was going to get this at frys. most new PC games are discounted on release date but showing in fridays Indpls add that is going to be $60.00 :rolleyes: In for one, Thanks OP

Frys hasn't had too many great release day sales in recent memory. At least on $60 pc titles. The best ou can hope for retail is another price fudge like best buy did with selling MW2 for $20. They confused the price of the game and strategy guide :p

thank you OP, wasnt going to get this just because it was 60 bucks..but now- in4one. i stopped cs recently, so the multi better be solid.. or ill be pissed!

fyi
-=INSTALLING=-

- Insert the Disc into your DVD-ROM Drive, and wait for autoplay to run. If prompted, select Run Program.

- Select "Install" from the Autorun menu.

- Agree to the license agreement, and press "Install".

- Microsoft DirectX 9.0c will automatically be installed in the background.

- Log in to your existing Steam Account, or follow the on-screen instructions to create a new Steam account.

- "Call of Duty: Black Ops" and "Call of Duty: Black Ops - MP" will automatically be selected as the games to install. Press next. * Note that Disk space is listed for user information. 8.5 GB are required to install Call of Duty: Black Ops.

- Select whether to install desktop and Start Menu shortcuts.

- The installer will now install the game.

- Call of Duty: Black Ops will now be available under the "Games Library" list in the Steam client.

- Please allow Steam to make any necessary updates to game.

- Once the games are fully installed and updated, double-click on "Call of Duty: Black Ops" or "Call of Duty: Black Ops - MP" to play.

looks like steam is the only way to install it.

I am going to try the install now

I bit (along with KOTOR for $10). I respect Treyarch's work - World at War was solid.

Couple of friends and I grabbed some copies. Thanks! It'll be nice to have dedicated servers again.

Friend and I got copies.

Good deal considering Modern Warfare 2 is still $60. Doesn't seem like CoD games budge much in price.

I would be all over this if I didn't have it pre-ordered from Amazon for $39.99. I had a $20 credit for pre-ordering Halo: Reach, and I also got another $20 for pre-ordering CoD. This method is basically the only way I buy games at this point lol (can't beat $39.99 for new titles, and Amazon has been doing $20 credit bonuses for just about every game I've wanted recently).

I have fowarded this deal to several of my friends though. Thanks OP.

So I guess we don't get access to they key until Tuesday, or what? It just says "download to retrieve key."

and if you click download it brings you to a page that says "Pre-load now! Please return to this keypage on Tuesday, November 9th, 2010 at 7AM PST to receive your activation key."

Is anyone actually anticipating this title will be any good? It seems like another MW2 from what I can tell. Please tell me I'm wrong.

Is anyone actually anticipating this title will be any good? It seems like another MW2 from what I can tell. Please tell me I'm wrong.

If you are a COD fan you know what you are getting. I have played every COD and I loved everyone and this one I have no doubt will be the same especially with the W@W guys behind it.

Thanks OP! In for a copy!

edit : pre-loading now.

Last edited:
Just saw that Killstreak bounses have to be purchased with CP and can be limited or eliminated by gametype.
This was by biggest issue with the series. I'm sure there will be hardcore servers that will have Killstreak bounses off.
I may just pick this one up because of this.

The first video up on Steam is one of the best I have seen for the game so far... looks fantastic (if you like CoD that is)!

hehe np :p happy to help

ordovician i am expecting (hoping!!) this to be better, thats why i preordered it. with mw2, the online was ok but the rest was basically IW turning cod4 retarded making it more xtreem. meanwhile treyarch is probably going for a modern version of WaW instead of another mw2, ie forgoing mindless bombast for grit. and come on, the multiplayer has gungame built in..

of course, i dunno for sure. just gonna have to play it and see wats up

just to make sure there will be mods correct? like scrimming mods such as DAMN or PAM or PROMOD

In for one, hopefully everything goes smoothly come Tuesday!

I just hope that the dude who made the aspect ratio fix for W@W and MW comes through for this quickly (for Eyefinity/Surround).

So, let me get this straight. I'm pretty much only buying the key from D2D, right? I have 4 computers I want to install this game on. I don't want to buy it and find out there is a limit for downloads.

FInally got ahold of Customer service so they could help me since i could never complete the purchase. Was able to skip the phone verification and am now good to go! Thanks!

i wish i had the key now so i can just preload through steam. but owell saved money.

Got it for $44. Will be on a business trip on the 9th so I don't mind not being able to pre-load.

Why can't you guys pre-load? All I am waiting on is the cd key now. Download complete....

Back