Black Ops PC ~$49 @ direct2drive

Hurry up and get your copy before they enforce the part of the coupon that says, "excludes preorders". I realize people on Slickdeals have already used the coupon and snagged their copies, but they may fix it soon.

Worked for me and no tax here, 44.95 total.

Since the game uses Steamworks I'll just plug in the cd key to steam and bam, hopefully it'll be another midnight release too.

WAs gonna get this on console but with the dedicated servers and VAC i'll give the series another go on the pc.

On the email even though it says "excludes preorders" it specifically advertises Black Ops as 25% off. I got it for 44 and have downloaded it already.

$44.96 for me. Now to cancel the Amazon Pre-Order.

thanks

You will have to check back at the site on the 9th to receive your key, but the game can be downloaded now, just not installed.

It says "3rd party download required"..... I'll pass on that one.

The Amazon deal won't get canceled or denied, this one is iffy since it says no preorders for the coupon.. Good luck getting a key and activation without having to hassle with direct2drive again and maybe pay more than amazon's deal (since it goes for $59.99 not $54).

and I actually get to install it on as many PCs as I want since I will be getting a full hard copy on DVD (unlike the limited few number of times I can install the crappy direct2drive download every time I want to play again... can you even back them up?)

I could not do the validate my order by phone as they make you do at the end. Says to contact customer support but ofcourse the page wont load for me.. hhehe. So, i hope it didnt go through so i can just get it on steam.

On the email even though it says "excludes preorders" it specifically advertises Black Ops as 25% off. I got it for 44 and have downloaded it already.

No, it doesn't say anything about Black Ops for 25% off... it says you get a coupon a day after release for 20% off an old MOH game if you preorder for $59.99, and you can only get 20% off for an old Medal of Honor game, not any others.

But, If you click and notice the 25% off banner (which clearly states NOT for preorders, exclusively) it only reroutes you to the main page, not the 25% off page. So its not really linking you to a deal page, just reloading the page the banner is on.

This deal is 50/50 chance of getting at that price.... you might even get charged $59.99, watch. D2d sucks

I ordered through D2D and will be plugging the key into Steam.

I've never used D2D before, I hope I don't regret it. I ended up getting mine for $47 and change. I figured saving $13 on something I was going to buy anyway was worth the risk

No, it doesn't say anything about Black Ops for 25% off... it says you get a coupon a day after release for 20% off an old MOH game if you preorder for $59.99, and you can only get 20% off for an old Medal of Honor game, not any others.

But, If you click and notice the 25% off banner (which clearly states NOT for preorders, exclusively) it only reroutes you to the main page, not the 25% off page. So its not really linking you to a deal page, just reloading the page the banner is on.

This deal is 50/50 chance of getting at that price.... you might even get charged $59.99, watch. D2d sucks

"No power is to be taken lightly, but this one especially. We’ve snuck into Direct2Drive vaults and stolen several 25% discount codes and are delivering them straight into your eagerly awaiting hands. Purchase PC titles like Call of Duty: Black Ops, DC Universe and Fallout New Vegas, but act quickly. Your buying buff will expire November 21, 2010. "

Taken straight from the email. Founders planet members only.

Back up but shows that i have not made a transaction.. Checked paypal and nothing.. Might skip now.

I just ordered and it looks like it was processed. Grand total after tax was $47.43

Hopefully this works :)

The Amazon deal won't get canceled or denied, this one is iffy since it says no preorders for the coupon.. Good luck getting a key and activation without having to hassle with direct2drive again and maybe pay more than amazon's deal (since it goes for $59.99 not $54).

and I actually get to install it on as many PCs as I want since I will be getting a full hard copy on DVD (unlike the limited few number of times I can install the crappy direct2drive download every time I want to play again... can you even back them up?)

Uh... Isn't this game Steam only?

The 3rd party download is Steam, you enter your key that you get from both the retail and D2D into steam...

Uh... Isn't this game Steam only?

The 3rd party download is Steam, you enter your key that you get from both the retail and D2D into steam...

correct, I tried installing it and it opened steam and wanted the Key. However, the keys are not distributed until the 9th.

I ordered through D2D and will be plugging the key into Steam.

I've never used D2D before, I hope I don't regret it. I ended up getting mine for $47 and change. I figured saving $13 on something I was going to buy anyway was worth the risk

D2D looks like it is owned by GameSpy. I have an account and didn't know my password and they emailed my pass and it came from GameSpy.

Welp since its done through Steam i was gona try to get it again and damnt.. D2d site is down for me once again :(

This is a Steamworks game.. You will have to install Steam regardless of where you buy it. Better cancel your pre-order.

In for one. Thanks for the heads up. It was $48.11 with tax for me. Much better then $59.99.

I wasn't going to pay $60, but $49 day one, I'm in. Not bad for a game that will probably not go on sale on steam for some time. Thanks OP

I would think you could chargeback if they charged you more than the agreed-upon total. They would need to contact you to request permission to hike the price up.

awesome! thanks OP, saved $15 vs. Steam. Get code on Tuesday from D2D, activate via Steam = Profit

Wow, thanks OP. Definitely in for 1.

Worked for me, and I also had 5$ store credit from something or other. Awesome.

Came out to 40$!

Wooo

Saw this on slick deals. Too many games but this won't drop in price forever.

I can't seem to add the promo code. I keep clicking "add promo" but it just refreshes the page and doesn't give me a place to enter it. Guess I'll pass if I can't get it workin.

EDIT: Turns out, it was Firefox. Worked fine in IE9. Came out to $48.56 for me.

Last edited:
D2D looks like it is owned by GameSpy. I have an account and didn't know my password and they emailed my pass and it came from GameSpy.

They're not owned by Gamespy. Both D2D and Gamespy are part of the IGN network owned by News Corp. They've been integrating a lot of D2D stuff into Gamespy's piss poor software lately.

In for 1.

I cancelled my preorder with Amazon. I'd much rather pay $45 than get $20 worth of "Amazon preorder points".

I have a pre order with amazon right now but im keeping the pre order open in case they decide to cancel all these orders... they have a full friggin week to do it, i really doubt they wont cancel all the pre orders.

edit: to be clear, i ordered this through direct2drive and im saying they have a week to cancel all our orders. i dont exactly have my hopes up

Last edited:
There's a new code (from ign), fix15, for 15% off cod: BO, not sure if it'll stack or not since I've already got an order placed.

I have a pre order with amazon right now but im keeping the pre order open in case they decide to cancel all these orders... they have a full friggin week to do it, i really doubt they wont cancel all the pre orders.

edit: to be clear, i ordered this through direct2drive and im saying they have a week to cancel all our orders. i dont exactly have my hopes up

I don't think they will.. this got them quite a bit of promotion. Would be a bad move PR wise.

this will be ok to use on steam and get updates like mw2 did correct?

Back