Black Myth: Wu Kong

Comixbooks

Fully [H]
That is over the top stuff right there. With the wolf battle he tries to shrug off the fire.
The thing is I wonder if it controls like Sekiro or Monster Hunter.

Last edited:

Derangel

Fully [H]
Obviously it looks good graphically, but holy crap those animations. I really hope this turns out to be as good as it looks in the trailer, because it looks incredibly promising.

Analyst Daniel Ahmad posted some more info on the game, and the company, on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/1296295321635631104

Some interesting info in there. Apparently this is the product of over two years worth of work. There will be 72 different abilities (to tie into Wu Kong's 72 transformations from the tale). Some of the inspirations are fairly obvious but they apparently took inspiration from God of War, Sekiro, and Monster Hunter.

DFenz

[H]ard|Gawd
I really like the aesthetic of this game, I hope it is good.

polonyc2

Fully [H]
Black Myth: Wukong Early Gameplay Trailer- A Stunning Tech Showcase For Next-Gen?

polonyc2

Fully [H]
Chinese developer Game Science Studios has released a brand-new trailer for its upcoming action-adventure RPG, Black Myth: Wukong...it's to serve as the first installment in a trilogy based on Chinese mythology...due to be released in 2023...

polonyc2

Fully [H]
Unreal Engine 5 + ray-tracing! 👍😃 ...4K/60FPS...the game will also support Nvidia's ray-tracing, DLSS technology as well as Dolby Atmos

the animation and combat look so fluid...totally feels like Sekiro...the dragon boss fight looked incredible!

Black Myth: Wukong- Official Unreal Engine 5 4K Gameplay Trailer

DPI

[H]F Junkie
Those environments are pretty insane. Only minor nitpick is the freeze/stutter in the action when you land a hit, but I realize that aesthetic is something that's kinda always been around in asian/japanese-developed fighting games going back to street fighter, mortal kombat etc.

As well, a lot of us are probably used to the fast-twitch, instant-responsiveness of your character in Dark Souls, so the fighting in this game at times feels like you're running underwater, like a sort of bullet time but faster. Probably just a matter of brain adapting.

Still looks epic, will play for sure. Will be jawdropping on a OLED in 4K, I reckon.

Domingo

Fully [H]
That looks pretty incredible. It has a Sekiro vibe, but it looks a full generation beyond. The snow effects alone are jaw dropping. I feel like everything is playing catch-up to the Demon's Souls remake (graphics-wise) and this is right there with it. Performance looks a little weird, but that might be a heavy dose of motion blur doing that. Either way, I'm very, very interested in this.