Half life 2 episode 2

Back to back in a row.

Looks great

This comment from youtube made me lmao though

"I just resonance cascaded
in my pants "

:D

I just got a stiffie :D

I loved theo origional half life, it was the first fps that i had actually tried and liked.

Looks incredible. I can't wait for this to come out. 2009 leaves a big window, hopefully its soon.

2009 should mean it's almost complete, considering they have been working on it since 2004 when HL2 came out. I thought this mod was doomed to fail since it's scope is just too big, but if they manage to pull this off it should greatly increase their chances of getting hired. Showing that you can complete a project is the singe most important thing that game developers look for in a recruit. It takes more than pure programming skills to do that. It requires dedication, planning, maturity, team coordinating and a bunch of other stuff that will make you very attractive on the job market if you have them.

2009 should mean it's almost complete, considering they have been working on it since 2004 when HL2 came out. I thought this mod was doomed to fail since it's scope is just too big, but if they manage to pull this off it should greatly increase their chances of getting hired. Showing that you can complete a project is the singe most important thing that game developers look for in a recruit. It takes more than pure programming skills to do that. It requires dedication, planning, maturity, team coordinating and a bunch of other stuff that will make you very attractive on the job market if you have them.

enlightening :cool:

Should be called 'Black Mesa: Forever' at this point, but with that being said I'm still hoping the wait will have been worth it.

Kinda wish they would have left the original soundtrack (music) in. The ambient music from HL is something that really brings back a lot of memories. Music is probably the single element of game design that really hasn't aged much in the last 10-15 years.

I have been waiting for this to release for a couple years now. Glad to know they're planning on releasing next year.

Kinda wish they would have left the original soundtrack (music) in. The ambient music from HL is something that really brings back a lot of memories. Music is probably the single element of game design that really hasn't aged much in the last 10-15 years.

I'm sure they would have liked to have used the original BGM, however there are lots of copyright issues involved with doing something like that. They've already run into issues with using some of the original sound effects and voices from Half-Life with Black Mesa: Source which is why a lot of what you hear will be completely re-acted in the release version.

Anyone remember how kick ass the AI was in this game? Half-Life 2 seemed too easy by comparison.

I can certainly appreciate the ambient music of the original, I tend to like the newly-scored stuff they have so far. It seems to fit with the rest of the HL series a bit more for me...

I remember when I played Half-life and how it totall blew everything else out there away with storyline, game play action and yes, even graphics. With source graphics and audio there will be a whole new generation of gamers who will discover how well this old title was made.

I'd agree. Also, multi-player games bore me to tears and are of no interest to me.

HL has without question the most riveting story line I ever experienced eclipsing Buried in Time: The Journeyman Project 2 and Star Control 2. HL and HL2 are still my greatest gaming experience.

Considering how lame many recently released titles are, I'm looking forward to loading it up again in 2009 with "new hots".

I'd agree. Also, multi-player games bore me to tears and are of no interest to me.

HL has without question the most riveting story line I ever experienced eclipsing Buried in Time: The Journeyman Project 2 and Star Control 2. HL and HL2 are still my greatest gaming experience.

Considering how lame many recently released titles are, I'm looking forward to loading it up again in 2009 with "new hots".

Not to change the subject too much, but Mass Effect is the only game that I've played that, considering the era it was released in, matches HL1.

I really hope these developers don't screw this up.

I really need to remember to wear a bib when I look at stuff like this. Now my shirt has spots on it. :(

For those who mentioned it I'm pretty sure I read a while ago that these guys tried to get valve to help with the project or endorse it in some way but they were turned down so dunno what their chances of being hired are. I've been looking forward to playing this for a long time but thats part of the problem; a LONG time. Their site seemed to stop being updated quite a while ago. Hopefully they come through soon though.

I just played through HL1 (yay 98 cent games), even in 2008, I gotta say that it's a great game. I think that PC gaming was the best around 98-01...

I wonder how they redid the "mr banana peel head over grown baby dude"? :confused:

..or do they have screen shots available of him/her/it..?

Hell yeah, can't wait for this. Valve should have done this a long time ago, but whatever. At least it's getting done.

Why? Companies need to push forward not keep remaking the same game over and over again.

about the job offer, thats what happened with Portal. Only 1 of the 8 guys on that group started out with steam, the other 7 used Portal as a job fair project. Now they all work for Valve. Ill bet atleast they will offer them a deal to sell this over Steam if they dont get job offers

Thats what happened with Day of Defeat also. I went to school with one of artist (or the only artist, not sure how many were on the project to start with) that was working on it with a few other people with it was just a mod. Valve picked it up and hired them all to finish it as an offical valve game then work on other projects. I thought it was neat to beat Half-life 2 and see the name of a person that I knew since I was 5 listed in the credits of a major game like that.

I wonder how they redid the "mr banana peel head over grown baby dude"? :confused:

..or do they have screen shots available of him/her/it..?

You mean this dude?
controller_beauty.jpg

http://www.blackmesasource.com/media/controller_beauty.jpg

Sweet mod, can't wait to give it a try.

Looks awesome. Can't wait for this to come out. Haven't played HL in years.

I've been a member of the black mesa community since it first started, and have watched it evolve from it's humble beginnings to what is now closing in on the final stretch. The cool thing is that it's free, and that all you need to already own to play it is any source engine game.

Also, the 'banana head floating baby' final boss is named nihilanth. Those alien controllers do look similar though. The one enemy I've been waiting to see is Gonarch. You may recall Gonarch was the enemy that looks like a spider with a giant testicle hanging from it's body....always good for a cheap chuckle.

Sad part about it is, you gotta wonder if all those hacks, and leaks didn't happen, we would probably already be playing it right now...

If you mean the Nihilanth, then no, there hasn't been any media released of him, or anything of Xen. That way they can keep the surprise ;)

I highly doubt they would refuse an offer from vale. They could easily make 100s of thousands each over a couple of years.

I just finished replaying HL1 one month ago and I will play it again when this mod is released.

The moment I get my degree in May I am going through the entire Half Life series, starting with this puppy and working my way up.

I'm amazed.
Most would agree that one of Valve's main strengths is the cut pieces...scripted events, etc. These guys put the scripted events I've seen in Valve games to shame!

The moment I get my degree in May I am going through the entire Half Life series, starting with this puppy and working my way up.

Read my post earlier - that's exactly what I did. I'd highly recommend it,
Lived the HL universe for a while when I was out of work :cool:

Awesome awesome awesome. Anybody involved with this that isn't already working in the game industry needs to get snatched up ASAP.

I never thought this TC would see the light of day but if it gets finished, you can bet I'll be playing through all of it the day it comes out.

I'm surprised Valve let this happen, since Squaresoft shut down the Chrono Trigger remake. In any case, I'm glad they are allowing it.

Back