Black Desert Online

This must hurt...

blackdesert642016-05-vubwd.jpg

Made it to L51 , I did not grasp why it went so slow before, did to many of those field bosses and that did me in XP wise (dying at them is not good when you have xp already).

Made it to L51 , I did not grasp why it went so slow before, did to many of those field bosses and that did me in XP wise (dying at them is not good when you have xp already).

Honestly there is no real reason to be doing field bosses in the first place, you have a better chance of getting a liverto off the market place than from the actual world boss.

Field bosses just destroy all your crystals and nuke your xp.

I started upgrading my weapon towards +15. At +13 at the moment. I'm not going to give a flying fuck about fail stacks, I'm just forcing all the way. Yuria's are so cheap to buy from the vendor so no point with my luck.

Can you let me know how much you are spending in total mine is at +13 as well ;)

Can you let me know how much you are spending in total mine is at +13 as well ;)

Forcing should be pretty consistent in price, +14 and +15 use 19 yurias total to full repair, and around 27-29 weapon stones per level.

My Liverto is on hold for the long term, memory fragments are 2x the price at 525k silver each so i dont want to spend 50m+ to repair it and then another 50 mill to repair it after it hits +15 lol

I just fish and then use my silver keys. I'm at +14 at the moment. It took only 23 stones to force from +13 to +14. Durability went down -70. Yuria bows are 90K pop, weapon stones are ~180K pop at the moment. Few fishing trips and that's it.

Last edited:
I just fish and then use my silver keys. I'm at +14 at the moment. It took only 23 stones to force from +13 to +14. Durability went down -70. Yuria bows are 90K pop, weapon stones are ~180K pop at the moment.

I experienced doing the Amity thing at night seem to get a better performance out of the mini game maybe I don't have the right sign (goblin instead of black dragon).
I have somewhere near 40 weapon stones the last hurdle prolly is crazy ...

How much damage or defense would I be missing if I stopped my gear at say +13.

Does anyone have a trial / Guest Pass they can send my way?

I'd sure appreciate it.

A Preview of Valencia's Desert and Sieges

We are also debut the new marketplace feature that will allow players to place purchase orders for items, which means no more hours of camping the marketplace in order to get that rare weapon, or the perfect gem for your equipment.

Another features players have been requesting will be added with this patch: the Duel System. Players will also get to try out the new Duel system, for both 1vs1, 1vs Party, and Party vs Party.

And last but not least, we will add more different horse types for the Tier 7 horses to the game, which will offer a bigger variety of horse colors.

They did the right thing if sieges could be impacted by bots and hacks that are known in the game already.

I agree Daum is trying hard not do things in a way that we would feel bad about the expansion and see it as a negative experience. It shows that Daum is putting us players first :)

Done:
blackdesert642016-05-x9pal.png

Restored to full durability too.

I wonder what I should try next... All Grunil to +15? Dagger maybe?

Done: Restored to full durability too.
I wonder what I should try next... All Grunil to +15? Dagger maybe?

Steel dagger will move your AP up higher but it is easy since you shouldn't have to many problems with fail stacks ..
If you are farming normal content armor is not that important ;) .

It is also worth pointing out that full grunil might not be the best setup, i don't play a ranger so i don't know if it is or not.

But i use 2 grunil pieces, gloves and helmet for the +5 AP, but then i also 2 Taritas, boots and chest for the skill resource boost, so there might be another combination of 2 and 2 that could be good for ranger besides full granil maybe.

It is also worth pointing out that full grunil might not be the best setup, i don't play a ranger so i don't know if it is or not.

But i use 2 grunil pieces, gloves and helmet for the +5 AP, but then i also 2 Taritas, boots and chest for the skill resource boost, so there might be another combination of 2 and 2 that could be good for ranger besides full granil maybe.
I think it could be good for since that extra AP could be useful (and those extra gem slots). For now I'll enchant all my Grunil up to +9 at least and then see what combination works.

Steel dagger will move your AP up higher but it is easy since you shouldn't have to many problems with fail stacks ..
If you are farming normal content armor is not that important ;) .
I think in this case I'll stick with bronze dagger for now since that's my main source of accuracy.

Afaik the accuracy increases in the dagger once you enchant that thing thus giving quite a bit of accuracy.

Afaik the accuracy increases in the dagger once you enchant that thing thus giving quite a bit of accuracy.

So does the Kalis belt if you enchant it ;) not as much as the dagger tho but are you missing that much ?

So does the Kalis belt if you enchant it ;) not as much as the dagger tho but are you missing that much ?
I use bares for belt, years and those rings of good deeds (or something) so yeah. Dagger gives way more than kalis belt.

new T6 + T7 mounts added in

no more XP loss on PvP death

Additional profession quests added in that reward hard / sharp black crystals

Patch Notes - June 1st

uSaKrEd.png

• The Mother’s Day Event has ended.

• Rum & Black Stone Event
    • Both of these events have been extended until June 8th.
  • The channel Valencia 3 has been renamed Velia 2 but will remain at the end of the channel list for now, we're planning to match the overall channel arrangement in the coming weeks.

• The "We are family" title has been rewarded. You will find a coupon available on your ACCOUNT page. If you didn't get yours please doublecheck you properly followed the rules for the event. (Only char name no family name nor both, proper hosted pictures, no duplicate etc)
NocLEfc.png

Cash Shop Update

• Function
S2HWmAX.png

• Horse Gear
KyJgmam.png

LPEY5Fi.png

24YewCO.png

Dt4zMoM.png

QdYZg7L.png

• Furniture
HkGQO4g.png

vEfdIVy.png

Gi3xaya.png

ozpEXXZ.png

Loyalties

CWc7ARk.png

87XSXJg.png

• Players with 0 or more Karma will no longer lose EXP when they die to another player in PvP.

• The description message of the 10 minute cool down for Trading after switching channels has been improved.

• Simple Cooking and Simple Alchemy will no longer consume energy even if it is shown in the recipe.
  • Additional types of Tier 6 and 7 horses have been added.
fWNXg3a.png

• Damage for the following Field Bosses basic attack has been decreased.
    • Dim Tree Spirit

• Red Nose

• Dastard Bheg

I6n1u5P.png

• Advancement Quests for Lvl 30, 34, 37, 40, 44, 47, 50 have been added to the following Life Skills.
    • Gathering

• Cooking

• Alchemy

• Processing
  • The quest areas for the following quests have been changed.
    • Ah, These Goblins!

• Destroy the Goblins’ Power Source

• Real Combat #1

• Real Combat #2

• Endless Research for Adventure

8Zfu5Lc.png

• Fixed the issue where the displayed text was overlapping in the server selection windows while changing channels.

• Fixed the issue for Wizard where their staff appearance was abnormal after equipping the Kibelius set, when gathering
    while in combat stance.

So no more losing xp in PvP? That will make many happy I'm thinking.

Wow, that karma/xp change has really hacked off a slew of whiners over on the official forums. And of course it has the usual suspects: whining, threats of credit card chargebacks and them taking their $$$ with them, entire guilds ready to call it quits and move on, etc. :rolleyes:

Processing potions (i.e. three small -> one medium) doesn't use energy any more. When did that change happen?

breeded my first T6 and it seems to be learning a whole lot of stuff that my other horses never learned

got instant acceleration + drift + sprint on it. total of 12 skills at Lvl 25. fortunately no Caution skill which all my other horses seem to always pick up. only other skill I'd really like is Sidestep.

my one worry is that I'll one day instant accelerate my horse into a river and kill it

hows the pve in this game? any end game stuff?

This game is a sandbox. There is no "end game" style encounters. Just a living breathing world that you can live in and become master of whatever you wish to become master of. Want to be the top dog fisher? You can be it. Best trader? Check. Number one boat builder? There is a profession track for that. Furniture maker to the stars? Yes. Mass serial killer of afk fishermen? Go for it. Have plenty of farms? It's there for you! Own a fort? You can do it with your guild in the future when that patch comes. Fight some cool outdoor bosses? Go for it.

Forced to run the same dungeon 1000x for some gear until the next set of dungeons come out? The game doesn't have that.

Back