• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Black Desert Online

I have not even seen all the content in the game, and already bringing out the next region :(

Tho the only thing i care about is the Kunoichi class, that is the content i want lol.
This is a good thing! I can progress in piece... I haven't even visited Calpheon yet.
 
people are losing their shit about the expansion tomorrow.

mostly against the level cap raise and raising the enchantment limit from +15 to +20.
 
They should consider making pve channels... Just to see what people really want.

As far as I know the plan is to add blader and plum soon, "shortly" after this expansion. When that happens I plan to roll plum. After that ninja is going to be my next character.
 
I'm guessing that there are a lot of people that did not fall into the category "been there, done that" on the NA/EU servers. I seen some Korean content on youtube but was pretty oblivious to it's existence until the day of launch :) .
 
They should consider making pve channels... Just to see what people really want.

As far as I know the plan is to add blader and plum soon, "shortly" after this expansion. When that happens I plan to roll plum. After that ninja is going to be my next character.

Not sure i really see a need for a pve channel yet, there is pretty much no pvp as it is unless you are in a guild war atleast in the server/channel i have been playing in.
 
I really hope they dont release the 15-20 enchanting, or it was changed for NA. It is literally game breaking in Korea. Even they don't want it.
 
Damn that was a nice run, got 2 witch's earrings in about 100 minutes, had milk tea on and it ran out like 10 minutes before i got the second one and my weapon was down to 7 durability heh, glad i pushed it a bit more i was actually fighting stuff on the way to my horse, also got 3 armor stones and a weapon stone and 2 Heve chest pieces and gloves and boots.

Node was lvl 3, and 5 luck for the first one, had 4 luck for the second one since i was on the way outish and didnt want to pop a rainbow egg.

Also finally got +14 on my alt's fail stacks 29th fail stack and the next weapon stone got it. So now i have to build up some more fail stacks on the alt to try for +15 unless i decide i want to force it but i might build fail stacks while trying to raise up my armor some and if it get to like +15 ill switch over to my Yuria again.

RNRkQF3.jpg
 
The patch is only 1GB... Or so the launcher says yet it keeps downloading stuff even though it reached 1.00GB / 1.00 GB.
 
The patch is only 1GB... Or so the launcher says yet it keeps downloading stuff even though it reached 1.00GB / 1.00 GB.

hopefully the 21gb of space left on the ssd enough enough or i have to delete some stuff

edit-

guess i wasnt paying attention but it only downloaded 1GB for me or was done shortly after
 
Last edited:
Patch notes are pretty much meh. Mostly crap about the new event and the new area. I saw zero mention of fixing the framerate issues. :mad:
 
pretty solid patch notes... will see if i wasted all my stones getting my armor to +10 or not. I have a bunch i;ve been sitting on.
 
pretty solid patch notes... will see if i wasted all my stones getting my armor to +10 or not. I have a bunch i;ve been sitting on.

new armor is more of a side grade, and give your a little bit more freedom in how you set it up crystal wise, but its not required to use it right away.

im going to keep using my agerian 3 piece and zereth boots on my tamer and maybe start to lvl up the grunil set for my kunoichi. so i have it ready for when that class drops.
 
Anyone part of a fairly large, ACTIVE, guild? Really looking for a group of solid players.
 
the guild i have formed is pretty small, and rather inactive aside for me and couple other people, but its hard to do thing together when im 50 and everyone else is below that. so its like a waiting game while people get to 50.
 
New patch broke fullscreen into a mode that is not real fullscreen, completely breaking SLI, and they force 140-170% UI scaling for 4k resolutions making icons the size of golfballs on my screen.

Game is literally unplayable. <30fps now whereas I was 55-60 before.
 
Woo finally got a +15 Yuria, also got a full set Grunil to check it out a little, and put some of the free dyes i had on it.

Osx6KKU.jpg

WGuEUXA.jpg

XPX6bcF.jpg
 
There's apparently amity vendor that sell Grunil. Though I guess there's no point in trying to get there yet for me since I'm just about to reach 36. I haven't checked the marketplace prices though... Edit: Prices are very reasonable but at least in Heidel nothing was in stock.

Give boob slider and you'll see things like these... I mean really... Someone clearly thinks that when you max out something then things get bigger and bigger is obviously better. Dunno about you guys and gals but I think the bewbs look pretty horrible if you max out the sliders. Compared to that my Valk looks flat chested, lol.

BlackDesert64 2016-03-31 00-00-51-116.jpg

BlackDesert64 2016-03-31 00-00-36-266.jpg
 
Last edited:
There's apparently amity vendor that sell Grunil. Though I guess there's no point in trying to get there yet for me since I'm just about to reach 36. I haven't checked the marketplace prices though... Edit: Prices are very reasonable but at least in Heidel nothing was in stock.

Give boob slider and you'll see things like these... I mean really... Someone clearly thinks that when you max out something then things get bigger and bigger is obviously better. Dunno about you guys and gals but I think the bewbs look pretty horrible if you max out the sliders. Compared to that my Valk looks flat chested, lol.

View attachment 1505
View attachment 1504

You can travel to Altinova now, no problems.
 
Yeah i used the amity vendor vendor for the gloves, but i used most of my energy yesterday on gathering to get the cherry blossom seeds for the event, got 5 of them. So didnt have any energy for amity for the most part.

bought 2 pieces off the marketplace for like 110k and i looted the chest while doing dailies.

Going to spend most of my energy to get some spares today for repairs from enhancing.
 
I also spend all energy yesterday looking for seeds. I don't think that I'm going to bother doing that again. I got two and I don't think that I want to farm them.

Hmm... I guess I'll give that guy a visit.
 
The biggest issue seems to be the amity vendor for Grunil is a COMPLETE ass. It's so damn hard to get amity with him.
 
I also spend all energy yesterday looking for seeds. I don't think that I'm going to bother doing that again. I got two and I don't think that I want to farm them.

Hmm... I guess I'll give that guy a visit.

it wasn't to bad for me getting seeds it seems like i get one for around every 30 energy i spent give or take.

i think ive gotten 7 seeds, i got the earings so once the last 2 trees bloom i can get the interior item.
 
I got fail 5x in a row, 16 times in a row today, with every single card being 85% plus. lol.

Yeah my luck has not been that bad with him, gotten 2 pieces off him so far.

So far my Grunil set is up to +7/+8/+8/+9

I think i am around 10 DP behind where i was at on my Agerian/Zereth set.
 
Unfortunately I was low on energy so I had to stop shortly after that - gotta try again tomorrow. By the way, how do these Old Totem of the Sea thingies work?
 
Unfortunately I was low on energy so I had to stop shortly after that - gotta try again tomorrow. By the way, how do these Old Totem of the Sea thingies work?

not sure never seen one.
 
I find myself just doing amity and knowledge collection more than anything. I'm just discovering and unlocking stuff and I haven't delved into other aspects of the game much. It's pretty easy to run through areas with high level agro mobs and get location discoveries. Some times I get one shot talking with a node npc lol.
 
Yeah my luck has not been that bad with him, gotten 2 pieces off him so far.

So far my Grunil set is up to +7/+8/+8/+9

I think i am around 10 DP behind where i was at on my Agerian/Zereth set.

I am up to +9 on everything but body, which is +10. Had to stop simply because all of the grunil durability is shot, so i need to reforge some durability back in. Which means more Amity...

Looks like the pieces do drop in the wild, so I may go grind for a bit and see if I can just farm out drops. May be faster with my luck at +5...
 
not sure never seen one.
You can buy them from fisher NPCs.


I'm not sure if I like how the Grunil set looks on Valkyrie... While it doesn't look like whore outfit it most definitely doesn't look like it's suitable in combat either. It would be great if Valkyrie would get something that looked like proper armour while not being too bulky.
 
Can you guys help me out? I've put about 2 hours into this game but so far it's just not grabbing me

I rolled a Witch and so far I've been following the main quest line and taking any other quests along the way, but the combat has been against really weak enemies and thus boring. I summoned a giant black/red troll and had an epic battle but that was the most excitement I've had so far. I want more battles like that!!

When I talk to NPC's a sound goes off and I gain something but I'm not sure what? Also, I can have a "conversation" with NPCs but it costs something and then I have a bunch of white circles to add to the conversation? I don't really understand it, and then I gain Amity? Don't know what that does.

Also, there is some sort of node management, I'm guessing they are for fast travel? How do those work? Thanks!!
 
Can you guys help me out? I've put about 2 hours into this game but so far it's just not grabbing me

I rolled a Witch and so far I've been following the main quest line and taking any other quests along the way, but the combat has been against really weak enemies and thus boring. I summoned a giant black/red troll and had an epic battle but that was the most excitement I've had so far. I want more battles like that!!

When I talk to NPC's a sound goes off and I gain something but I'm not sure what? Also, I can have a "conversation" with NPCs but it costs something and then I have a bunch of white circles to add to the conversation? I don't really understand it, and then I gain Amity? Don't know what that does.

Also, there is some sort of node management, I'm guessing they are for fast travel? How do those work? Thanks!!


skip quest dialog, it makes no sense. read discription after you get it.

There will be more "boss" battles but they are typically only on every 10 levels, then once at 50 you can do a bunch of those daily.

There is no fast travel, nodes are for making money and getting better drops. A better node will produce more and it has to be connected to the node network.
 
Can you guys help me out? I've put about 2 hours into this game but so far it's just not grabbing me

I rolled a Witch and so far I've been following the main quest line and taking any other quests along the way, but the combat has been against really weak enemies and thus boring. I summoned a giant black/red troll and had an epic battle but that was the most excitement I've had so far. I want more battles like that!!

When I talk to NPC's a sound goes off and I gain something but I'm not sure what? Also, I can have a "conversation" with NPCs but it costs something and then I have a bunch of white circles to add to the conversation? I don't really understand it, and then I gain Amity? Don't know what that does.

Also, there is some sort of node management, I'm guessing they are for fast travel? How do those work? Thanks!!
1. I only got my Warrior up to ~18 and honestly am finding the overall combat a bit lackluster and not very deep. I'm focusing more on the non-combat aspects of the game and it's keeping me uber busy. So I can't comment on higher levels of combat.

2. That conversation mini-game is enough to give one a headache. I had to read several articles that talked about it, I think I have the main aspects of it down. Seems that bad localization/wording isn't helping to understand it. Do some searching and you'll see what I mean.

3. Sorry to burst your bubble, zero fast/instant travel. None. You have faster ways to move (animals/carts/boats) though.
 
Can you guys help me out? I've put about 2 hours into this game but so far it's just not grabbing me

I rolled a Witch and so far I've been following the main quest line and taking any other quests along the way, but the combat has been against really weak enemies and thus boring. I summoned a giant black/red troll and had an epic battle but that was the most excitement I've had so far. I want more battles like that!!

I've personally found most NPC fights to be a bit dull until you start doing the "boss" fights or pulling larger packs of mobs.

When I talk to NPC's a sound goes off and I gain something but I'm not sure what? Also, I can have a "conversation" with NPCs but it costs something and then I have a bunch of white circles to add to the conversation? I don't really understand it, and then I gain Amity? Don't know what that does.

The sound you're referring to is probably the indication that you've unlocked the knowledge for that NPC which is done the first time speaking to them. "Conversations" unlock for each NPC when you have sufficient requisite knowledge to have conversations on topics they're interested in. You spend energy to enter a conversation like that, but it begins the Amity mini game.



Also, there is some sort of node management, I'm guessing they are for fast travel? How do those work? Thanks!!

Node management allows you to invest contribution points into a node for several reasons: trade connections, worker harvesting, increasing drop rates (with energy investment). Your node network starts with cities and then branch out into connecting nodes by discovering the node, speaking with an NPC labeled <Node Management> usually (titles are bugged right now though -- known issue), and then spend contribution points.

There's no fast travel really. Horses greatly help with travel times though.
 
Back
Top