Bitcoin Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i thought my twin frozr was effed but went into dos and used atiflash again, its amazing!
400 with an unlocked 6950 lol

ehh i tried to make it go higher and forgot
! right now its around 375 at 900 and 340

Idk whats going on with BTCGuild. Earned .2BTC over 6hr @ 1350mhash ... switched back to Slush's pool and earned the same amount in 1hr 15min. Something seems off over at BTCGuild, maybe its just me.

Idk whats going on with BTCGuild. Earned .2BTC over 6hr @ 1350mhash ... switched back to Slush's pool and earned the same amount in 1hr 15min. Something seems off over at BTCGuild, maybe its just me.

There seem to be some reports of connection issues, did you try switching btcguild servers?

I really hate being in a pool when I hit the 50BTC hash. Been mining at 1Gh for about 4 days. Got .024 BTC for that.

And as far as stealing from the pool, do they really want me to work off a negative balance? No way :eek:

Yeah, they do, because you received coins in your account that don't really exist due to a glitch in their system. So that negative balance are coins you owe back to the pool that otherwise the pool is going to have to eat.

His limit is the amount of pci-e slots he has.

Not so much. It's a pretty common issue that Linux and Windows will only acknowledge up to 4 AMD GPUs. They just won't show up in the device manager.

I really hate being in a pool when I hit the 50BTC hash. Been mining at 1Gh for about 4 days. Got .024 BTC for that.

What pool are you in? That doesn't seem right at all, so there's definitely a disconnect somewhere.

Also, difficulty just went up 57%, so unless value goes up a bunch to compensate, this is gonna be a sucky next two weeks.

I get an error when starting

"Error loading blkindex.dat"

Any idea what this is?

What pool are you in? That doesn't seem right at all, so there's definitely a disconnect somewhere.

Also, difficulty just went up 57%, so unless value goes up a bunch to compensate, this is gonna be a sucky next two weeks.

.024 for that one block, not the entire 4 days. I'm running about 1.4BTC/day or was before the diff increase.

God i hope the difficulty increases scare away people soon so it drops back down. another month or so and it wont be worth the hassle. Or if bitcoin prices jump back up to 30 something that would be cool too :).

same, with the drop to sub $20 prices, the MTGOX mess, and the difficulty increase hopefully we can weed out some.

On a completely off the wall note. I just took a job paying >50% more money so if I lose the 1k I have in this scheme it won't sting nearly as much!

On a completely off the wall note. I just took a job paying >50% more money so if I lose the 1k I have in this scheme it won't sting nearly as much!

congrats...

any job I can get right now will be giving me 100% more money than I'm currently making while working...

Has anyone gotten an mtgox confirmation email?

I got one but it wants me to follow a link which seems kind of fishy since all of our emails are now public knowledge

.024 for that one block, not the entire 4 days. I'm running about 1.4BTC/day or was before the diff increase.

That sounds about right. If .024 is only for a single block at 1GHash/sec. My total split out to 1GHash gets about .02-.03 a block per 1GHash. My numbers on Guild keeps going down tho. That's most likely because of the pool's increase hash rate now. Not including today's ++Difficulty% change. :eek:

Has anyone gotten an mtgox confirmation email?

I got one but it wants me to follow a link which seems kind of fishy since all of our emails are now public knowledge

it just said my account is going to work later today
i think since its the weekend its going to be an interesting trade day

it just said my account is going to work later today
i think since its the weekend its going to be an interesting trade day

So just to be clear yours didnt have a link you had to follow to get the results? It just told you in the email?

That sounds about right. If .024 is only for a single block at 1GHash/sec. My total split out to 1GHash gets about .02-.03 a block per 1GHash. My numbers on Guild keeps going down tho. That's most likely because of the pool's increase hash rate now. Not including today's ++Difficulty% change. :eek:

Actually you are high. I usually pulled ..14-.15 per block on deepbit. That block was high because it was solved in 10k wu and I got lucky on the number completed.

The rates on Tradehill keep going up. I expect them to drop significantly on MtGox once it opens, but stabilize after an hour or 2 at right around 13. Completely wild speculation on my part.

I think its going to drop a few $$. I don't foresee a massive sell off but you never know.

Ill be setting a buy order for anything under $1 just incase :)

My spec is $15 to $17 with wild swings from $11-$21, but that's just a guess...

Actually you are high. I usually pulled ..14-.15 per block on deepbit. That block was high because it was solved in 10k wu and I got lucky on the number completed.

Come on, people, think about how pools work.

BTC Guild is smaller than deepbit, so you're going to get more coins per completed block on BTC Guild than deepbit with the same hash rate.

Bonus points if you can tell me why that doesn't really make a difference. :rolleyes:

BTC Guild is smaller than deepbit, so you're going to get more coins per completed block on BTC Guild than deepbit with the same hash rate.

Bonus points if you can tell me why that doesn't really make a difference. :rolleyes:

for your last question Deepbit is a bad example because they charge a pretty hefty fee whereas BTC Guild does not charge a fee, also you can go Propo or PPS, which would not give you the same amount...

just sayin'...

no it went to a link that seems pretty standard:

I wouldn't be clicking on any link sent to a possibly compromised email account, I would try to log into Mt Gox directly and then follow the account verification links from the site...

Larger pools will find more blocks so even though you get less per block that your pool finds the pool should find more blocks and balance out.

Difficulty changes aside it's no diff than solo mining vs pool mining. Statistically you will end up with the same amount of coins. In a pool you get them every day instead 50 every few months.

Last edited:

In logic yes, it doesn't make a difference which one you choose since you may get more in one place but it will also be a slower time to finish each block. Thus equaling out with the other, larger, pools.

However it is better to pick a pool that can finish blocks in less then 3-4 hours consistently. The really small pools suck. Take for instance Bitclockers, with the previous difficulty I could have made 1.5 BTC a block. Problem is that their luck is way down and it was taking 2-3 days per block found. After 2 long rounds I bailed to a larger pool that could give me the 1.5 BTC a day. Their luck could come back and I'd make a killing but I'd rather not risk it.

I'm ready. Train wreck or success, this is going to be pretty cool to see live and in real time. :cool:

image2hjj.jpg

I dont get why the spike. Im happy, no doubt, but I dont understand what's driving it. With this latest difficulty increase it is certainly welcome. And yesterday was a TERRIBLE mining day for me. Up to .5 btc today so far though.

thats excellent since i bought a lot at $14
lol the issue is that its the weekend too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back