Bitcoin Discussion Thread Part 2

both of my 7970s are running 720kh/s+ per on cgminer with:

cgminer.exe --scrypt -o netcodepool.org:8337 -u xxxx -p xxxx -d 0 --thread-concurrency 8192 --shaders 2048 --intensity 13 --worksize 256 -g 2

Gigabyte 7970OCs @ 1000/1500

Grunt, you should be able to use the above and just change the shader count...

Damn, can't even get 590 ea out of my 1100/1500 7970's with guiminer, using the same settings too but don't see where to change the shaders. Got a good guide for cgminer? I start off by entering the url, username, pass and it just crashes.

I only mine at a rate of about 510-520kh per card...ive seen people getting 600+ and im assuming that's driver enhancements allowing the higher hashrate. I've tried 13.1 and 13.3 drivers but they immediately cause the BSODs to return.

What cards are they? Have you tried the directions at the bottom of this? Try one card at a time using "cgminer --benchmark -d 0".

What cards are they? Have you tried the directions at the bottom of this? Try one card at a time using "cgminer --benchmark -d 0".

Sapphire 6950s with OC Boost. I use GUIMiner cause I can't seem to figure out how to properly use the command line and its syntax. I either get partial examples that don't answer all my questions/needs or nothing at all. Though to be honest, I haven't put much honest effort into it.

Sapphire 6950s with OC Boost. I use GUIMiner cause I can't seem to figure out how to properly use the command line and its syntax. I either get partial examples that don't answer all my questions/needs or nothing at all. Though to be honest, I haven't put much honest effort into it.

You mean 7950's?

I just started up a new miner with two 7950's, each is running only at 300 khash with guiminer, latest drivers at 950/1300. Gotta start using cgminer

You mean 7950's?

I just started up a new miner with two 7950's, each is running only at 300 khash with guiminer, latest drivers at 950/1300. Gotta start using cgminer

Ya sorry, definitely meant 7950s. So your only getting 300kh on your 7950s? Are they Sapphire Boost versions as well?

Damn, can't even get 590 ea out of my 1100/1500 7970's with guiminer, using the same settings too but don't see where to change the shaders. Got a good guide for cgminer? I start off by entering the url, username, pass and it just crashes.

master noran,

Here is the initial guide i started with -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=117221.0

I would also say: ditch guiminer scrypt. It's only a front-end to the reaper and cgminer clients it uses. I would also say ditch reaper. It's not as optimal for Radeon 7xxx cards as cgminer is.

Make a batch file with the config i gave ya and put it into your cgminer folder, shortcut it and put that shortcut on the desktop and go from there.

If you are still have troubles - open up the command prompt in Accessories, drag the shortcut into it, run it and see what it says.

Shameless plug - You can find me on http://www.netcodepool.org/chat .. good little pool. PPLNS. I get <1% invalid / stale shares.

You mean 7950's?

I was getting 365Kh with a 7850, you've definitely got something wrong with your config.

what voltage are you guys running your 7970s at for 24/7?

Also, are you guys going by afterburner or gpuz? Afterburner set to 1300 shows 1.178 in gpuz for load, then a spike to 1.281 shortly after unload.

by accident I found out a way to easily get 650+ kh/s on my 7970. I was only getting about 500-550 with gui miner.

I somehow opened up a second instance of gui miner and started it mining. Later I look at guiminer and it said I was getting ~250kh/s - not good. Then I checked ozcoinpool hashrate.. it said I was doing ~700kh/s. I was like :confused:

I then realized there was a second instance running. When I looked at it it was getting ~450kh/s. Both instances were processing just fine it seems.

I've tried setting gpu threads to 2 in the past and that didn't seem to help. Not sure why this way works better for me.

what voltage are you guys running your 7970s at for 24/7?

Also, are you guys going by afterburner or gpuz? Afterburner set to 1300 shows 1.178 in gpuz for load, then a spike to 1.281 shortly after unload.

My Gigabyte 7970OCs are volt locked @ 1.17. Running 1020 / 1575 on both cards.

I've flashed auxillary bios to the Gigabyte GHZ edition bios, but i get lower hashrates with at one. go figure.

Using gpu-z + hwmonitor for temp monitoring and the Trixx software for overclocking.

Using TeamView to watch my mining rig from the other room.

master noran,

Here is the initial guide i started with -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=117221.0

I would also say: ditch guiminer scrypt. It's only a front-end to the reaper and cgminer clients it uses. I would also say ditch reaper. It's not as optimal for Radeon 7xxx cards as cgminer is.

Make a batch file with the config i gave ya and put it into your cgminer folder, shortcut it and put that shortcut on the desktop and go from there.

If you are still have troubles - open up the command prompt in Accessories, drag the shortcut into it, run it and see what it says.

Shameless plug - You can find me on http://www.netcodepool.org/chat .. good little pool. PPLNS. I get <1% invalid / stale shares.

Thanks for info, got to where I can make a bat file but my simple ones with just my pool info get 5khash and your config turns my second gpu off and I can't enable it within cgminer

Thanks for info, got to where I can make a bat file but my simple ones with just my pool info get 5khash and your config turns my second gpu off and I can't enable it within cgminer

Since you have multiple cards, make sure the -d (devices) flag set properly.

I.e.: Batch file #1 -d 0 (card #1), Batch file #2 -d 1 (card #2)

You should be running 2 different cgminer clients.

xfx 7950 core edition's, there must be something wrong with my gui miner settings because that's very low.

I have 2 xfx 7950's, TDF and TDFX. One is voltage locked though. I am using this as my cgminer.conf file. Temp runs 82 on the I=20 and 86 on the I=13. I really need better cooling. Could not get it to clock higher using the file either, or I got instant reboot.

You can just unzip the latest cgminer and put this .conf file and you should be good to go. Only use one set of numbers since I have 2 cards.

Code:
{
"pools" : [
	{
		"url" : "stratum+tcp://us.wemineltc.com:80",
		"user" : "travanx.1",
		"pass" : "1"
	}
]
"intensity" : "20,13",
"vectors" : "1,1",
"worksize" : "256,256",
"kernel" : "scrypt,scrypt",
"lookup-gap" : "0,0",
"thread-concurrency" : "21712,21712",
"shaders" : "1792,1792",
"gpu-engine" : "0-850,0-850",
"gpu-fan" : "0-60,0-60",
"gpu-memclock" : "1250,1250",
"gpu-memdiff" : "0,0",
"gpu-powertune" : "0,0",
"gpu-vddc" : "0.962,0.962",
"temp-cutoff" : "100,100",
"temp-overheat" : "100,100",
"temp-target" : "100,100",
"api-port" : "4028",
"expiry" : "120",
"gpu-dyninterval" : "7",
"gpu-platform" : "0",
"gpu-threads" : "1",
"hotplug" : "5",
"log" : "5",
"no-pool-disable" : true,
"queue" : "1",
"scan-time" : "6",
"scrypt" : true,
"temp-hysteresis" : "3",
"shares" : "0",
"kernel-path" : "/usr/local/bin"
}

Mtgox declined my verification. Thats what I get for buying a house and not updating my drivers license... Welp, back in queue. 22600 this time. Anyone interested in buying a BTC-e or Mtgox voucher? Looking to get some funds out of the system. Cant find another way than BTC-e -> Mtgox -> Dowala -> bank account.

have tons of heatware.

My 3 HD 7970s really like this config for cgminer. Averages 2.006 Gh/s up from 1900ish with GUIminer. Clocks are at 1160, 1090, and 1080 with stock voltage or lower. Memory is at 675 because that is the minimum in Afterburner. Bitcoin and LTC profitability are fairly close right now so if you are getting low numbers trying to mine LTC see what Mh/s you can hit on Bitcoin and put both numbers into a profitability calculator.
Code:
{
"pools" : [
	{
		"url" : "http://stratum.bitcoin.cz:3333",
		"user" : "yourname",
		"pass" : "yourpass"
	},
	{
		"url" : "http://stratum.btcguild.com:3333",
		"user" : "yourname",
		"pass" : "yourpass"
	}
]
"intensity" : "9,9,9",
"vectors" : "1,1,1",
"worksize" : "256,256,256",
"kernel" : "poclbm,poclbm,poclbm",
"lookup-gap" : "0,0,0",
"thread-concurrency" : "0,0,0",
"shaders" : "0,0,0",
"gpu-engine" : "1160,1090,1080",
"gpu-fan" : "100,100,60",
"gpu-memclock" : "0,0,0",
"gpu-memdiff" : "0,0,0",
"gpu-powertune" : "0,0,0",
"gpu-vddc" : "0.000,0.000,0.000",
"temp-cutoff" : "95,95,95",
"temp-overheat" : "90,90,90",
"temp-target" : "85,85,85",
"api-port" : "4028",
"expiry" : "120",
"gpu-dyninterval" : "7",
"gpu-platform" : "0",
"gpu-threads" : "2",
"hotplug" : "5",
"log" : "5",
"no-pool-disable" : true,
"queue" : "1",
"scan-time" : "60",
"temp-hysteresis" : "3",
"shares" : "0",
"kernel-path" : "/usr/local/bin"
}

I should clarify: all of my posts in this thread regard litecoin mining, not bitcoin.

Sorry if i confused anyone. ;)

I have discovered that my Gigabyte 7970s love a .647 ratio between core / mem clocks. 1020 / 1575.

Hooked up an o/c'ed 6950 into my rig beside my 7970. I'm hashing over 1 GH/s now.

However, there is a lot of heat coming out of my radiator. My room is gonna get toasty hot.

I've been mining with my x3 6970s about 90% of the day, got another rig together finally running stable with x4 7950s (been going strong for about a week without me touching it) and awaiting Newegg delivery of x3 more 7950s for a third rig. I've got a basement for keeping the dedicated systems cool and my gaming rig has actually kept the heater from kicking on the last few days lol.

So im a late to the game since this thread started in 2011, but im still interested in mining. Is the too late to get involved? Do you think that "if" this goes "full retard" when the general public, or someone like PayPal recognizes it as a funding option, there are legitimate opportunities and frontiers to make money?

I'd say its not too late, I just got into actively mining about 2-3 weeks ago and made about $500 bucks after cost.

On a side note...can you guys try this referral link out and see if it actually works...its minesweeper with LTC betting....addicting. If it works post your referral link and ill visit it as well to return the favor.
http://litecoinkamikaze.com/ref/11506

I'd say its not too late, I just got into actively mining about 2-3 weeks ago and made about $500 bucks after cost.

On a side note...can you guys try this referral link out and see if it actually works...its minesweeper with LTC betting....addicting. If it works post your referral link and ill visit it as well to return the favor.
http://litecoinkamikaze.com/ref/11506

How have you made $500 profit in 2-3 weeks? What are you mining? What hardware?

Interested as well, im looking at 1k just in video cards. I can buy the Butterfly Labs 50 machine for 2500 and get a better output than consumer options right?

With ~2mh/s hash i've made 45 coins in the last week. At current LTC prices that's good for nearly 130 bux.

Exactly - if he just bought hardware for 2Mhs..say two 7970s...he is out 600 for the cost of the cards alone.

Perhaps he works at pc game cafe and loaded up all the computers. I can't see him making 500 profit in his first two weeks using his own hardware - unless he already owned a few gaming rigs.

Ive got x3 6970s and x4 7950s running, another rig is awaiting x3 more 7950s to start at it again. With just the two I have right now im doing 3.4MH at stock settings. I need to get PCIe risers so I can get more efficient cooling and OC them so I can go from 550ish per card to 650. I've already got them stable at that OC but they run at about 80-81c...a bit too hot for my liking.

I will admit though to making about 75 dollars trading LTC on BTCe exchange...so its a bit of a lie to say I made that much purely out of mining but mining did enable me to do that. Also keep in mind, I started mining when difficulty was a bit lower...its been on the rise consistently 10% every 2-3 days. I've currently got 400 dollars in Dwolla limbo, should hit the bank account by Friday but we will see. I left the 100 at BTCe to invest with should the market take a predictable swing.

If your interested in knowing, 6970s at stock speeds will do about 480kh and 7950s will do about 550kh. I haven't had much luck OCing the 6970s, I suck at overclocking and while I could OC them to 950/1450 it actually decreased performance by about 50-75kh per card. The 7950s will consistently overclock to 650ish from what ive seen on the net and experienced myself with my cards and their poor ASIC ratings between 51 and 66.

@Bosom, your definitely better off mining in a pool. Its possible that if you have the hardware (like myself) you could mine more solo but if your looking for consistent results, a pool would be much better. I personally use coinotron.com.

Ive got x3 6970s and x4 7950s running, another rig is awaiting x3 more 7950s to start at it again. With just the two I have right now im doing 3.4MH at stock settings. I need to get PCIe risers so I can get more efficient cooling and OC them so I can go from 550ish per card to 650. I've already got them stable at that OC but they run at about 80-81c...a bit too hot for my liking.

I will admit though to making about 75 dollars trading LTC on BTCe exchange...so its a bit of a lie to say I made that much purely out of mining but mining did enable me to do that. Also keep in mind, I started mining when difficulty was a bit lower...its been on the rise consistently 10% every 2-3 days. I've currently got 400 dollars in Dwolla limbo, should hit the bank account by Friday but we will see. I left the 100 at BTCe to invest with should the market take a predictable swing.

If your interested in knowing, 6970s at stock speeds will do about 480kh and 7950s will do about 550kh. I haven't had much luck OCing the 6970s, I suck at overclocking and while I could OC them to 950/1450 it actually decreased performance by about 50-75kh per card. The 7950s will consistently overclock to 650ish from what ive seen on the net and experienced myself with my cards and their poor ASIC ratings between 51 and 66.

@Bosom, your definitely better off mining in a pool. Its possible that if you have the hardware (like myself) you could mine more solo but if your looking for consistent results, a pool would be much better. I personally use coinotron.com.

I can see you making $500, i have about $300 with my 4x 7950

which risers do you have?

I can see you making $500, i have about $300 with my 4x 7950

which risers do you have?

Don't have any yet, been doing some research to make sure I get ones that won't burn up on me. Ran across a thread where a guy had that happen and its got me a little jumpy as these rigs are in my basement (natural underground cooling ftw) and id hate to have my house burn down due to a faulty riser.

I have read consistently that you can use x15 - x1 risers without effecting mining performance. Also, I found this site, cablesaurus.com that accepts BTC/LTC for payments and ran into a few threads in bitcointalk.org that have used the site with good results.

Ive got x3 6970s and x4 7950s running, another rig is awaiting x3 more 7950s to start at it again.

you said that much profit "after cost" 3x6970 + 4x7950 is a lot of cost to make that much profit after...

What are good settings for a 7950? Having issues trying to overclock the cards. I am at GPU=975 and Mem=1300. I am using the .conf file to set my PC. Should I use afterburner instead?

you said that much profit "after cost" 3x6970 + 4x7950 is a lot of cost to make that much profit after...

eh...my meaning of "after cost" meant electricity so I can see a bit of confusion there. The 6970s were bought back when they just released so I don't really consider them a "business expense" but your right, ive got a bit to make up before I get a return on my investment. LTC is goin buckwild right now though which is bittersweet...as the parts still aren't here for another two days for my second rig damn it!

I haven't sold any of my LTCs from mining, got around 700 stashed. Think I'll be making a nice profit when it hits gox :D

Back