Bitcoin Discussion Thread Part 2

Yea i know what your talking about....I had to do that for F@H back in the day when GPU folding first came out....was hoping to avoid that since i threw them away about a month ago. :(

You can go into windows resolution settings and click Detect. It will say "Another display not detected" and then you go to the multiple displays drop down and hit "Try to connect anyway". I don't remember how to do it exactly because I only had to do it a year ago but play around with forcing displays on the GPUs that don't have any. With 13.3 beta drivers I didn't have to do this.
The big advantage of not having any displays or dummy plugs connected is that you can tie a 140mm fan right to the exhausts on all of the GPUs and pull air through.

So I'm having a problem where one of my GPUs will not come out of low power mode to mine unless there is a monitor connected to it....which kind of defeats the purpose.

I have another exact same GPU in this system with no monitor and it runs just fine.
I have disabled ULPS via the registry, but still no dice.

What else can i do?

Not sure if you found a solution yet but a dummy dvi should fix that.

wow. www.btc-e.com is sort of a daytraders wet dream. The only problem is there is no way to guess which way the stuff is going to rise or fall. just call it gambling. I've been playing a little bit buying and selling ltc.

Last edited:
wow. www.btc-e.com is sort of a daytraders wet dream. The only problem is there is no way to guess which way the stuff is going to rise or fall. just call it gambling. I've been playing a little bit buying and selling ltc.

Ya...I turned 80 dollars into 118 playing LTC and then saw PPC doing a dance and tried to turn a profit...totally lost out...sold out and only have $41 dollars now.

Ya...I turned 80 dollars into 118 playing LTC and then saw PPC doing a dance and tried to turn a profit...totally lost out...sold out and only have $41 dollars now.

I wouldn't touch ppc or trc. This is judging only by how many trolls in the box are extolling it

I do try to keep the troll box off screen though. It wouldn't take much of that to make my head explode.

I would hold LTC if I were you. MtGox is adding support for it, which I imagine will only have a positive effect on its value.

I would hold LTC if I were you. MtGox is adding support for it, which I imagine will only have a positive effect on its value.

i hope so. I'd at least like to make back the $600+ I just spent on mining hardware.

I am using pools on coinotron and notroll for LTC. Are there better pools to use? I can't seem to get coinotron to work right the last day or two.

coinotron is working for me but notroll is closed right?

and whats the fastest way to fund btc e?

thanks

coinotron is working for me but notroll is closed right?

and whats the fastest way to fund btc e?

thanks

notroll is closed for new people, yes.

the fastest way to get cash on btc-e is to sell coins for cash on there.

I was able to register on notroll a few days ago. Will sign up for ozcoin right now. Thanks. Can't wait to get my 2nd 7950 coming in the mail on Tuesday.

hmm i'll probably get another 7950 then, will probably sell or keep my ax 750 and get a ax 1200

is there any use in using more than one pool?

btw

so BFL just started shipping and avalon is insanely priced right now--is there anyway to get an asic for a couple of grand?

hmm i'll probably get another 7950 then, will probably sell or keep my ax 750 and get a ax 1200

btw

so BFL just started shipping and avalon is insanely priced right now--is there anyway to get an asic for a couple of grand?

Well...you can get a BFL ASIC for 250 bucks but your not gonna get it for awhile.

Im finally up and running again on my main rig's 6970s....just waiting for mobo/cpu to get the dedicated miner running (x4 7950s).

So I'm having a problem where one of my GPUs will not come out of low power mode to mine unless there is a monitor connected to it....which kind of defeats the purpose.

I have another exact same GPU in this system with no monitor and it runs just fine.
I have disabled ULPS via the registry, but still no dice.

What else can i do?

Did you try trixx to disable low power mode?

getting coins or cash into BTC-E can be a pain... prepare to wait 3-5 days at least.

My method:

my checking acct -> Dwolla -> MtGox -> Bitcoins -> BTC-E

pain in the ass I know but I'd rather wait an extra few days and not run the risk of being scammed by someone on btc-e or anywhere else.

still kicking myself I had about 1200 LTC mined, and slowly sold them off out of boredom before the price shot to $5 a coin. Could have paid off 1/2 my car with the gains there.

Oh and I would wholeheartedly agree that Butterfly labs has "Scam" written all over it. They have been promising to ship "in 2 weeks" since last year. The latest word from them is that they are not going to meet their power or speed specifications they have been touting for months.

They got hugely rich just in people pre-ordering with BTC. People preordered with BTC in 2012 that was worth $30 each. Fast forward that same preorder for the same amount of coins net's Butterfly labs 500% more in their pocket vs the cost of the machine itself. It's quite literallly preordering the new corvette coming out paying in full for it, then finding out upon release for the same outlay in money you could have gotten a Ferrari worth 5X as much.

btw

Emm, even if they ship (which they are not as far as I can tell), they are backlogged somewhere around at least 1.5-2 months before shipping.

Calculate probable difficulty by then, and ...

getting coins or cash into BTC-E can be a pain... prepare to wait 3-5 days at least.

My method:

my checking acct -> Dwolla -> MtGox -> Bitcoins -> BTC-E

pain in the ass I know but I'd rather wait an extra few days and not run the risk of being scammed by someone on btc-e or anywhere else.

still kicking myself I had about 1200 LTC mined, and slowly sold them off out of boredom before the price shot to $5 a coin. Could have paid off 1/2 my car with the gains there.

Oh and I would wholeheartedly agree that Butterfly labs has "Scam" written all over it. They have been promising to ship "in 2 weeks" since last year. The latest word from them is that they are not going to meet their power or speed specifications they have been touting for months.

They got hugely rich just in people pre-ordering with BTC. People preordered with BTC in 2012 that was worth $30 each. Fast forward that same preorder for the same amount of coins net's Butterfly labs 500% more in their pocket vs the cost of the machine itself. It's quite literallly preordering the new corvette coming out paying in full for it, then finding out upon release for the same outlay in money you could have gotten a Ferrari worth 5X as much.

According to them, even though you paid in btc, that payment was converted over to dollars before they received anything so, while you may have paid them in btc, they are not reaping the current market value rewards of it.

btw

Nope, ASICs are basically money printing machines right now, who would sell one for $2k right now when potential profit is $19k a month from a 60GH/s unit? Even when diff doubles you'll still make $10k.

If you missed the Avalon boat I would just give up on getting an ASIC anytime soon. BFL hasn't shipped yet and when they do, only early orders are getting fulfilled - they have a MASSIVE backlog. If you order a BFL unit today I wouldn't expect to get it until 3-5 months from now if ever.

dang
back to gpus then

it seems my 2nd 7950 tends to overheat
do any of you guys just have the mobo sitting bare out somewhere?

wow its about to hit $160 a coin that's nuts. had i not been selling most of them back in the day i could have bought a house whit them. i wonder how many people form 2.5-3 years ago are rich now?

dang
back to gpus then

it seems my 2nd 7950 tends to overheat
do any of you guys just have the mobo sitting bare out somewhere?

Im waiting on a mobo to arrive but it will be stocked with 7950s on a test bench "case" what were you wanting to know?

OK, at that price, I hate to say it, but I would like mine bitcoin with AMD 7000's I have.

Where's a good place to start?

Im waiting on a mobo to arrive but it will be stocked with 7950s on a test bench "case" what were you wanting to know?

well i wanted to do it also
would just taking my mobo and etc out of the case be that is required?
thank you.

well i wanted to do it also
would just taking my mobo and etc out of the case be that is required?
thank you.

Its possible, depends on what is causing the "bottleneck". What kind of case are you using, What kind of cooling do you have on your system?

i have a corsair 650d
and an h100
i have a gentle typhoon for my 120mm, 200mm bitfenix pro and 2x cougar 120s for my h100
it seems that the first radeon gets to 75 degrees C but the bottom hovers around 88-90 and i think higher since it sometimes causes an error
since i opened the side panel and am blowing a fan into the 7950 all is good

i have a corsair 650d
and an h100
i have a gentle typhoon for my 120mm, 200mm bitfenix pro and 2x cougar 120s for my h100
it seems that the first radeon gets to 75 degrees C but the bottom hovers around 88-90 and i think higher since it sometimes causes an error
since i opened the side panel and am blowing a fan into the 7950 all is good

Wow, I thought a 650D was supposed to be one of the better air flowing cases. Sounds like you got the heat issue under control though so that's good.

Wow, I thought a 650D was supposed to be one of the better air flowing cases. Sounds like you got the heat issue under control though so that's good.

yep but i can't use the 2nd pcie slot bc it seems the 7950 would hit the fan of the 2nd 7950

but im thinking if i take it out i should still be good?

yep but i can't use the 2nd pcie slot bc it seems the 7950 would hit the fan of the 2nd 7950

but im thinking if i take it out i should still be good?

Its possible...Since I will have 4 sandwiched right together come tomorrow (or Tuesday at latest) I will let ya know, lol.

I'm worried about some heat issues soon. Not necessarily in my case since I'm water cooled but in my room. Even with just my 7970 mining the room gets pretty warm. I'm about to throw two more 6950's in there. I might have to re-arrange my room so the computer is by my window and build some type of duct to vent the heat outside.

I'm also a little concerned that my watercooling system while overkill for my cpu and 7970 won't be enough for 3 gpus. I have 5x120 worth of radiator with fans in push/pull. My 7970 runs about 43C under hours of load in a very warm room right now.

I'm worried about some heat issues soon. Not necessarily in my case since I'm water cooled but in my room. Even with just my 7970 mining the room gets pretty warm. I'm about to throw two more 6950's in there. I might have to re-arrange my room so the computer is by my window and build some type of duct to vent the heat outside.

I'm also a little concerned that my watercooling system while overkill for my cpu and 7970 won't be enough for 3 gpus. I have 5x120 worth of radiator with fans in push/pull. My 7970 runs about 43C under hours of load in a very warm room right now.

You'll be fine...im running 3 6970s on a 3x120 rad...load temps hit 60-65c under load with just 3 low speed fans.

Back