Bitcoin Discussion Thread Part 2

I really want to stick it out, but I don't know if I can. I may wait until we find the next block to decide. I could be earning a steady income on ARS, vs the risk of Simplecoin(and other non-pps pools).

[Edit]
tsd: Just read your post, I will have to stick with Simplecoin for a bit longer. Sounds like some nice new additions are coming.

Dont worry, im not perma-leaving, I just need a steady payout for a few days to cover the electric bill this month and then ill be back with almost 2x the hash rate :D

And if all goes will on my next 2 rigs, I may be in the market for 2-3 more 5830's if anyones got any they are getting rid of

I'm sticking with mining for a while. Haven't sold any coins since I started, so I'm just looking to hoard a nice number until I'm satisfied, then wait and see what happens with the price.

I've also not sold my BTC since I started mining with my 2 new rigs... anything below $10 I can't justify, I've debated selling some to cover eletric but i'll probably just keep them and see where we are at next summer...

I think you both need to sell one coin, and get the cash to your bank account, just so you know what is necessary to do so! (Set up Dwolla or the like, and link an account) That way, should the bottom fall out, you can make a quick escape! ;)
Dwolla takes 2+days to verify a bank account! They could be worthless in that amount of time!

I think you both need to sell one coin, and get the cash to your bank account, just so you know what is necessary to do so! (Set up Dwolla or the like, and link an account) That way, should the bottom fall out, you can make a quick escape! ;)
Dwolla takes 2+days to verify a bank account! They could be worthless in that amount of time!

No worries I've sold 9 BTC in the past at $11 a piece

Prices are going up from yesterday. I am going to mine as long as I can at least cover my electric bill with a month's worth of btc mining.

I stopped mining. 1.5 g/hash @ .10 kwh and $5 per bitcoin doesn't seem feasible right now. Might start back up when winter gets here and use the mining rig as a space heater. All my equipment is paid for so I have profits if I sell all the equipment I bought. I have about 30 bitcoins that I'm gonna hold onto to see where the prices goes.

hmmmm i sure hope these prices stay up for a while

Sad to see prices "up" at around 6 dollars.

I'll never sell at anything below 17. If that means I never do sell them, I'm OK with that. I've lost nothing since I already had a 5850. I bought a 5830, mined with it for a while, sold it for about what I paid. I've got a small stash of coins but I wont contribute to the market falling like this by selling at less than a decent price.

I doubt we'll ever see 17 again, we all knew a crash was coming. But I still check every few days just to see where the price is. Needless to say, I havent mined in quite a while.

HAH! I got it! I got the pool proxy running correctly (even with Long-Polling)!

If anyone wants to help test the new proxy set your miner to port 80! It should just redirect you for now to the current pool as that is everyone's default.

If anyone want's to give the new site or proportional pool a trial run, visit beta.simplecoin.us

There are a few tiny issues still, mostly stats reporting, but soon the new framework will be in place

Last edited:
Sad to see prices "up" at around 6 dollars.

I'll never sell at anything below 17. If that means I never do sell them, I'm OK with that. I've lost nothing since I already had a 5850.

That's great for a few cards, it's probably not costing much to run. Those of us with large farms are paying $200-$300 just in electricity a month. I'm not going to pay that much a month to accumulate coins that i'm not going to use.

If i was into losing money paying for electricity I would be folding not mining ;)

.....If anyone want's to give the new site or proportional pool a trial run, visit beta.simplecoin.us

Switched my stack over to proportional for testing for ya.. lemme know if you need me to do anything.

Switched my stack over to proportional for testing for ya.. lemme know if you need me to do anything.

Many thanks!

Since the response is cached, it could take up to 10 minutes for the miners to switch pools. The hashrate should start showing up on the beta site before long.

(Edit) make sure you set your miners to port 80, and set the workers to the prop pool in account details.

(I'm only using port 80 for testing, the live site will be both port 80 and 8337)

Last edited:
And it looks like RyNinDaCleM pulled us out of the rut!

@tsd
Which setup do we need

Host: beta.Simplecoin.us
Port: 80

Or like this
Host: Simplecoin.us

@tsd
Which setup do we need

Or like this

beta.simplecoin.us for the website.

pool.simplecoin.us:80 for the miner

Damn,my friend told me that my 6950 couldn't unlock and suggested me to switch for another.So i agreed and that'd be another 4 days without video cards. :(

beta.simplecoin.us for the website.

pool.simplecoin.us:80 for the miner

switched the proxy on for ports 80 & 8337. All mining is now through the proxy.

Just a few more tweaks and the beta site will go live!

Bah, craigslist deal fell through on the 5870s. I just put 'em up on the FS/FT forums and I'll give priority to [H] miners if any are interested.

For anyone who uses the API, there were some changes to accommodate the multi-pool reporting.

Wish my Mac could mine,it has a Radeon GPU after all =)

Hopefully the replaced 6950 would unlock so a full week of mining wouldn't be lost for nothing.

@tsd
Which setup do we need

Or like this
Hey, It's how I do what I do when I do what I do! :cool:

That is only my 2nd block that I know of! I mined for a while at bitlc, and have no clue if I got any of those.

Anyone having trouble keeping their network alive? I can't run bittorrent and bitcoin for any extended period of time together or the router will die out on me. I think it's a # of connections issue, currently using a WNDR3700. I can run one but not the other.

Anyone having trouble keeping their network alive? I can't run bittorrent and bitcoin for any extended period of time together or the router will die out on me. I think it's a # of connections issue, currently using a WNDR3700. I can run one but not the other.

I do, but I figured it was just because my tp link router is shit.

I think you guys just need new routers. I've got an old Linksys/Cisco one and have 7 computers running on them which are also doing file serving, torrenting, folding, mining, gaming, streaming, hosting for housemates (who are also doing the same things, especially streaming a lot of movies and TV) etc. simultaneously.

No problems with my network with Usenet and Bitcoin traffic going a the same time. Two Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH routers running DD-WRT.

I don't have any problems with my WNDR3700rev2. What torrent program do you use? How many connections is it set to use?

No problems here, using a wireless cisco as main router, dlink hub off it, another netlink hub/AP run across the house and another cisco flashed to a dd-wrt wireless bridge.
4 miners, 3 laptops, 3 smartphones, 2 xboxes, 1 ps3, 1 ps2, 1 tv, 1 nettop, 1 tablet

Sometimes I see a slowdown when everyone in the house is online, but I kind of expect a little slowdown from the mass of connections.

Yeah, bitcoin is about the equivalent of sending notepad files over your network, you shouldnt even see a hiccup..

Ive got about the same amount of rigs as tsd, running usenet at 5mbps down at all times with a total Bandwidth of 8 mbps,

In other news, for those interested..
My assembly guide / review of spotswood Gen-2 open air cases is up

Not sure if you're using the stock firmware, but on DD-WRT (which is all I use nowadays), you have to set the max ports sufficient high (I use 4096) _and_ set the TCP and UDP timeouts low (360/120), otherwise the router just gets swamped.

Mined bitcoins awhile ago with a GTX 260 and GTX 465, made about ~1-2 bitcoins a day, have about 35 of them now. A shame I didn't sell them when they were worth anything :(

Finally got all my cards up and running.... I had to use 2 psus in one box.... the antec 1000 tpq just can't handle more than 2 cards on it's own... maybe if the modular sli cables had come with it I could run 3 off it...

Back