• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Bitcoin Discussion Thread Part 2

Blocks this big should be illegal..

Is there any way to find out what the largest block ever was?

Well tsd.. I hate to say it, but your pool seems to pretty much have died.. under 10Ghash now.. Unless we hit some kind of super awesome luck again, I dont think people are coming back.. Im gonna leave my miners there for the sake of finishing this horrendous block, but after that, might go back to Deepbit or BTCGuild..

I hope it gets life back to it, but I hope you didnt spend a bunch cash on your servers if the pool dries up..

I almost think a small pool has to be PPS to keep people interested because people are going to leave once a block gets too many shares and they see they are making nothing each day with no guarantee that a block will ever be found.
 
I almost think a small pool has to be PPS to keep people interested because people are going to leave once a block gets too many shares and they see they are making nothing each day with no guarantee that a block will ever be found.

The owner would be ruined on the first unlucky block! That is, without having a very large buffer!
 
This block is only 6M.

A 12M block would take 2 months at the current hashrate of Simplecoin. Simplecoin is down to solo mining type hashrates which just goes to show how brutal solo mining can be like.
 
It took bitlc 1½ days at around 400Gh!

When SC was down for re-working the pool, I was making 2x what any btc calculator said I should be making there! Then the blocks started varying a lot! We would have 12 minute rounds, followed by 12 hour rounds, at 600Gh!
 
Last edited:
I'll stick with SC for now, but switch two miners over to ArsBitcoin to cover the utility costs.
After all, I was around for quite a few of the lucky rounds :)
 
Anyone can give me a list of websites/stores that accept payment in BTC please?

I have a conversation with a friend about the real world value of BTC (excluding the BTC-USD exchange),so a list would help me a lot.
 
Wow... this $/coin fall is something. I'm still doing what I've always done. Just let the stuff mine and sell once a week or so. Still gaining 3-4BTC/day on my rigs tho so it's not so bad.

My total hashes dropped tho. I lost one of my rigs last week after Irene. Not entirely sure the storms to blame tho. My rigs exhaust to several large window out fans. I kept the machines running during the storm. Not power hickup either. One rig board hard locked. Attempts to reboot it failed. It's the board as I've tested all the other items elsewhere without problems. I moved one of the cards to another spare board and it's hashing away. Unfortunately the other 3 cards are basically 'offline'. It's been sitting on my desk since I don't have any other spare pci-e boards to throw those into. Been kinda busy to worry about picking up another board tho.

Either way, it's still a free 500-600 extra bucks a month. The hardware has been paid for and electric is free, so no point in stopping cause of that.
 
I actually offered to run folding boxes last year for local people. Especially since I have central air, multiple portable AC units and UPS on all my boxes. Guess everyone thought I was joking and wasn't serious at that time. Oh well.

I've done alot of upgrading and I'm more space limited now. I have a ton of hardware already inplace. Hundred+ TB file servers, racks, blades and I'm gonna need yet another KVM already. I really don't have much room left for any franken-build boxes. :p
 
I actually offered to run folding boxes last year for local people. Especially since I have central air, multiple portable AC units and UPS on all my boxes. Guess everyone thought I was joking and wasn't serious at that time. Oh well.

I've done alot of upgrading and I'm more space limited now. I have a ton of hardware already inplace. Hundred+ TB file servers, racks, blades and I'm gonna need yet another KVM already. I really don't have much room left for any franken-build boxes. :p

I got an old VGA/PS2 KVM I should get rid of
 
Having a bad day,I got fired today:(

Please can you guys make my day better and donate to me

bitcoin address: 15nPft3yWQMEEZG6gzBoJH8UswCyx25Fau

solid coin address: sJkzkC5AqxPq2imm1iAEeaZ1VyVjeDn3Yo

even 0.01 would be great:(

Now i've got to start job hunting with no reference:mad:
 
Having a bad day,I got fired today:(

Please can you guys make my day better and donate to me

bitcoin address: 15nPft3yWQMEEZG6gzBoJH8UswCyx25Fau

solid coin address: sJkzkC5AqxPq2imm1iAEeaZ1VyVjeDn3Yo

even 0.01 would be great:(

Now i've got to start job hunting with no reference:mad:

good idea

guys im homeless

please donate 19aVrwihzrjy2awHnfkmjJ5VL2JcVgrrgc
 
Having a bad day,I got fired today:(

Please can you guys make my day better and donate to me

bitcoin address: 15nPft3yWQMEEZG6gzBoJH8UswCyx25Fau

solid coin address: sJkzkC5AqxPq2imm1iAEeaZ1VyVjeDn3Yo

even 0.01 would be great:(

Now i've got to start job hunting with no reference:mad:

You have contributed 2 post to this thread. Neither of which has been beneficial. You'll receive what you put in. Nothing more.
 
Fair enough if you guys think i'm joking, but I'm not.

2 Questions

1) What happened.. Why are you fired (with no reference)?
2) What should we look forward to finding in the DC FS/FT section?

And if we ever manage to break this god damn block from the 9th circle of Hell in Simplecoin ill try and throw ya a bone.


Alternately..
Would anyone be interested in going in on a 10pack of these
https://www.casascius.com/

I really like the idea of a physical Bitcoin, I really just want one..
Would be 1.35 BTC each if we split a 10 pack + shipping
 
2 Questions

1) What happened.. Why are you fired (with no reference)?
2) What should we look forward to finding in the DC FS/FT section?

And if we ever manage to break this god damn block from the 9th circle of Hell in Simplecoin ill try and throw ya a bone.

I spent a month in a mental health unit and got discharged at the weekend.
My employer didn't like the fact that i would be signed off for another two months and said they couldn't accomodate this "extended leave' and terminated me.

Going to speak to fair work Australia as I think it's unfair dismissal

What is the "DC FS/FT section"?
 
I spent a month in a mental health unit and got discharged at the weekend.
My employer didn't like the fact that i would be signed off for another two months and said they couldn't accomodate this "extended leave' and terminated me.

Going to speak to fair work Australia as I think it's unfair dismissal

What is the "DC FS/FT section"?

Suck..
Yeah, I dunno about Australia, but that would be an illegal discharge pretty much everywhere here in the states due to it being a medical condition..

DC FS/FT = Distributed Computer For Sale / For Trade




Also: If your not already, get your gear pointed over here to Simplecoin.. We need as much help as we can get on this round.. Down to sub 20Ghash, and been working on this block for 12 days now.
And damn this block.. This round alone already surpassed 50% of my lifetime shares at SC..
 
Last edited:
I'm fairly sure i've got a case, so I'm going to lodge a claim

I'll join you at simplecoin this afternoon after I get the kids from school

Only got 400mhs but it might help!
 
I spent a month in a mental health unit and got discharged at the weekend.
My employer didn't like the fact that i would be signed off for another two months and said they couldn't accomodate this "extended leave' and terminated me.

Going to speak to fair work Australia as I think it's unfair dismissal

What is the "DC FS/FT section"?

Jason,

Get in touch with Fair Work Australia, and Centrelink - between them they should be able to help you out. And if I ever make my first coin, I'll toss a bone to a fellow antipodean.

H.
 
...... a fellow antipodean.

Because I had to google that Shit...

Antipodean
antipodal: relating to the antipodes or situated at opposite sides of the earth; "antipodean latitudes"; "antipodal regions of the earth"; "antipodal points on a sphere"
 
Hi Haitch

Thanks for kind words

Just joined the pool

Capture-1.png
[/IMG]
 
Because I had to google that Shit...

Antipodean
antipodal: relating to the antipodes or situated at opposite sides of the earth; "antipodean latitudes"; "antipodal regions of the earth"; "antipodal points on a sphere"

EJ,

AKA - someone from New Zealand or Australia ......

H.
 
.... Why in the fuck would you set it to all 8 cores lol... set it to 1

But welcome to the block from hell!
Thanks for your help
 
Jason - grab the AMD SDK from here: http://developer.amd.com/SDKS/AMDAPPSDK/DOWNLOADS/Pages/default.aspx

reboot, restart the miner - then you'll fold on the GPU instead of the CPU - much more efficient.

H.

:confused:
The picture says 0-0 Cayman, which is a 6900 series GPU, and a 379 Hashrate so I can imagine its a 6950, Unlocked 6950, or a non-OC'd 6970.. From what I can tell, he's doin it right.

And yeah, 1 Core on the CPU is all you need for affinity.. Use the same core for all other addition cards if you ever add them..


And copy the line below into your flags

-v -w128 -f0


If your card is running 180F+
Add -s.001 , up to -s.009 to add a short delay between cycles to help keep the temps down.. If needed, Flag will look like this.

-v -w128 -f0 -s.001
 
So 1 core is Okay?

I've only just discovered bitcoin mining so I'm a newbie!:eek:

Core Mining means you're using the CPU, it's an order of magnitude or two below using an AMD video card to mine. I'm a bitcoin sceptic, but bought a couple of cards to try and get in on the gold rush .... If you want to do folding - Nvidia GPU and/or Multi processor systems; Bitcoin Mining: AMD GPU's

Where in Oz ? I spent a year in Canberra, have family around Perth.

H.
 
Back
Top