Bitcoin Discussion Thread Part 2

Nice climb in the BTC market this morning. If it can hold above $10 from here on out, I will be happy. :)

Where the hell did all that cash come into the market lol (probably from the people who sold all the mybitcoin and bitomat coins). Nevertheless it is mighty impressive to see. Look at the market depth, there is twice as much demand than current supply. I can see a rally all the way to $11.

Over $10, feels good brah. I heard somewhere that the US plans to bans online currencies in september? anyone heard anything similar?

It wouldn't surprise me. It is already illegal for individual citizens to trade gold and silver...

Here it comes:
image2zn.jpg

The best thing is difficulty is set to decrease next round. So if prices hold everyone is in for some nice gains.

I thought the Dodd-Frank act came into effect this past July 15. Though I might've exaggerated a little, the effect of it is another nanny state protect us from ourselves law that puts more restrictions to what people can do with their own money.

http://www.bulliondirect.com/nucleo.do

APMEX and Tulving are the other two players in the online PM not-for-suckers market space, but only BD has the nucleo exchange which is a user generated marketplace.

Patience, the daddy/god state has plenty of plans, but I think they will attach 401-k funds to farm into treasuries before they bother with the still small retail PM market.

The best thing is difficulty is set to decrease next round. So if prices hold everyone is in for some nice gains.

Really? I checked and it's estimated to be 1894694.43, not much higher then the current difficulty but still higher.

Alright, simplecoin is set to LastNShares now, got a new look and a brand new backend.

I hope our luck streak continues, 10btc in 3days at 3gh was stupendous!

As for anyone getting stales, try cgminer! It took my 10cards from 3% overall to 0.4% overall stale. Including the machines on wifi.

Last edited:
I'm not sure how long teams have been up at deepbit but I made a [H]ardocp team for every one to join. It has 0 effect on payout or anything. It's just a pride thing :)

Overclockers is #2. I'm sure we can take them :)

You can join here.

https://deepbit.net/teams/

Make sure you give yourself a nickname in your advanced options on your my account page or else you will show up as unnamed.

Last edited:
glad to have you evil.

Looks likes our eternal enemies at EVGA just joined too. Evil and I are holding them off. :D

glad to have you evil.

Looks likes our eternal enemies at EVGA just joined too. Evil and I are holding them off. :D

ill be up to 2.4GHs if my coworker will ever reboot my 3rd rig.. It locked up today while trying to get the clocks adjusted so I cant teamview into it anymore..

Nice. You and me alone are in the top 30. I have an extra 5830 I took out for a spare lan machine I'm going to fire up when I get home.

I'm not sure how long teams have been up at deepbit but I made a [H]ardocp team for every one to join. It has 0 effect on payout or anything. It's just a pride thing :)

You can join here.

Make sure you give yourself a nickname in your advanced options on your my account page or else you will show up as unnamed.

Joined! I got about 1.3 Ghash's up, should have more later on.

Welcome murky and an unnamed who just joined!

I plan on playing some games tonight on my main rig so I'm going to drop about 1ghs for a few hours

Welcome murky and an unnamed who just joined!

I plan on playing some games tonight on my main rig so I'm going to drop about 1ghs for a few hours

GF here making fun of me for never using my fancy gaming rig any more...lol

GF here making fun of me for never using my fancy gaming rig any more...lol

lol i was the same way. I finally moved back over to my good pc when bitcoin prices fell. I decided loosing a ghs for a few hours isnt worth playing on a crappy athlon x4 with a gtx260 anymore lol

Yeah, now that I have my cards divided up into 3 rigs, I kept my non-ref 6950 in my main rig so I could game without hearing my reference fans jacked up to 180db.. that way if I wanna game I only have to take out 1 card instead of 3..

Spotswood custom racks are effin awesome..

Yeah, now that I have my cards divided up into 3 rigs, I kept my non-ref 6950 in my main rig so I could game without hearing my reference fans jacked up to 180db.. that way if I wanna game I only have to take out 1 card instead of 3..

Spotswood custom racks are effin awesome..

QQ don't remind me lol. I hope he starts taking orders for a second batch soon.

QQ don't remind me lol. I hope he starts taking orders for a second batch soon.

Ive already sent him my order for my next 1 1/2 stack..hopyfully by the time hes ready BTC will be up a bit more and I can just cash out for everything I need.

You can join here.

Added another 4 gigahash to [H]ardocp

I am moving my farm here over the next few days. I should be pushing 4 GH/s when the dust settles - I'm starting with right around 1 GH/s.

Seems "Out of Stock" won't be the most common thing you see if you're looking for an AMD card in the near-future:

After weeks of seeing AMD’s HD 6990, HD 6970 and HD 6950 cards hit reduced availability, we’re due for a turn around very soon.

Courtesy of Hardware Canucks (didn't realize I couldn't post a link to the article).

Personally, I'm hoping for a non-reference 6990 to be released. It'd be great for mining and give me a chance to try tri-fire with my 6970 (would like a little more horsepower for Eyefinity).

Good to hear. The 6 series cards perform well but unless prices drop a good amount with better availability they aren't great from a $ to mhash perspective.

Also Welcome to all the new deepbit miners who joined over night. I didn't know there were so many people here putting up 1GHash+. in 16th place now :)

Back