Birthday Cake of the Day

That looks awesome and delicious, dose she have a sister?

Steve, thanks for posting this! I forgot to mention it was for my 26th birthday on the 31st of July, minor detail :).

Hi Jackie, love you and thanks for the awesome birthday!

Bonus points would have been awarded to her if she had painted her body the same color, head to toe and presented it to him along with the cake...

my first thought was a robot from the Zero Punctuation videos, which rock harder than any phone BTW :p

I find birthday cakes for adults, (especially males), to be...I'm not quite sure how to put it into words, really...

But maybe it's time to grow up. The whole internet/cake thing is and always has been childish and stupid. I beg all the remaining adults to please, for the love of God or Xenu, stop perpetuating the childish behavior and grow some balls.

Hah, yikes.

I guess I'd agree with you if I *requested* it, but I didn't. It was something nice she did for me, and yeah, I guess I did want to share it with the community. It's as much for her to show that I appreciated the gesture as it is for you to look at it.

I'll refrain from any sort of calloused remark, as it seems you have already dug your own anti-happy hole there.

I just don't get the entire cake thing -- it's like an Internet culture virus that people seem to find funny/cool, when it's not and never has been. Oh lololz hahah I eat cake and cakes are lies and whatever other weird we wish we were actually cool Internet thing you can insert here. I do apologize, but it annoys the hell out of me, and always has.

I didn't mean to direct the post at you, after having re-read it, I could see how one might think it was...it really wasn't my intention. :D

To recap.

1) Cake is "ok". It's not great. It's not awesome. There are MANY other desserts that are far better, and if you ever grew up and left Mommy's basement, you'd know this.

2) Cakes do not lie, and never have. This line is and always was Internetarded, and far from cool...using it makes you even less cool than you already weren't, and yes, this is possible.

3) Cake is not cool in any way after the age of 12. See #1 for some primary reasons why. The entire Internet/Cake movement is as stupid and infantile as wearing a "snorg tee" because you think the girl that would never look your way twice is cute. This also applies to acting as if free cupcakes are cool...when they only are in the wet dreams of dorks/geeks worldwide that seriously need to stop acting like they are still 12. Being 37, wearing a wrist brace on your mouse hand with crumbs on your dirty shirt isn't cool no matter how many times you type the cake lies or free cupcakes if you join my guild.

I just don't get the entire cake thing -- it's like an Internet culture virus that people seem to find funny/cool, when it's not and never has been. Oh lololz hahah I eat cake and cakes are lies and whatever other weird we wish we were actually cool Internet thing you can insert here. I do apologize, but it annoys the hell out of me, and always has.

I didn't mean to direct the post at you, after having re-read it, I could see how one might think it was...it really wasn't my intention. :D

To recap.

1) Cake is "ok". It's not great. It's not awesome. There are MANY other desserts that are far better, and if you ever grew up and left Mommy's basement, you'd know this.

2) Cakes do not lie, and never have. This line is and always was Internetarded, and far from cool...using it makes you even less cool than you already weren't, and yes, this is possible.

3) Cake is not cool in any way after the age of 12. See #1 for some primary reasons why. The entire Internet/Cake movement is as stupid and infantile as wearing a "snorg tee" because you think the girl that would never look your way twice is cute. This also applies to acting as if free cupcakes are cool...when they only are in the wet dreams of dorks/geeks worldwide that seriously need to stop acting like they are still 12. Being 37, wearing a wrist brace on your mouse hand with crumbs on your dirty shirt isn't cool no matter how many times you type the cake lies or free cupcakes if you join my guild.

Wow, who pissed in your cheerios... err cake?

Wow, who pissed in your cheerios... err cake?

Nobody, I just hate the whole Cake is cool thing the Internet has tried incessantly to create (who knows why), and despite failing to do so, iGeeks everywhere are not letting it go.

This all started like 5+ years ago, every cake you could imagine being made has been made...it's still no cooler than it wasn't 5+ years ago, either. I guess it annoys me when adults act like kids with this whole cake movement. :rolleyes:

My troll senses are tingling, so if I have fallen for it, oh well.

hPOD, what in the hell are you talking about? What internet cake movement? Good god, have people become fanboys of food now?

I really, really hope we're being trolled. I can't imagine someone being so bitter that they would be so hateful towards something so petty.

According to hPod, when you grow up you can neither have cake nor eat it. And god forbid you have fun. Get back to work!

My troll senses are tingling, so if I have fallen for it, oh well.

hPOD, what in the hell are you talking about? What internet cake movement? Good god, have people become fanboys of food now?

I really, really hope we're being trolled. I can't imagine someone being so bitter that they would be so hateful towards something so petty.

Seriously, you aren't aware of this "cake is cool" crap that's been floating around the Internets for the past half decade? I'm not making it up...

It's annoying. Therefore I had to rant here. :D

According to hPod, when you grow up you can neither have cake nor eat it. And god forbid you have fun. Get back to work!

Because quotes about how cakes lie and how cool cake is, and wearing tshirts about cake is so much fun...I don't know how I ever lived without doing so!

Cake is about 1 flag on the 6 flags scale...and as you may or may not know, 6 flags = more fun.

Seriously, you aren't aware of this "cake is cool" crap that's been floating around the Internets for the past half decade?

I will admit, I have seen pictures of cool cakes on the internet. However, I have also seen pictures of cool cars, computers, cats, boats, airplanes, buildings, costumes, and even manhole covers. That's how the internet works. You see, there was a time before the internet, where cool things went unnoticed because we had no way of quickly and easily sharing pictures. Just because people now have a quick, easy way to show off some cool cake they baked does not mean there is some "internet cake movement".

Because quotes about how cakes lie and how cool cake is, and wearing tshirts about cake is so much fun...I don't know how I ever lived without doing so!

That quote is from a video game called Portal. It has been overused, sure, but it is nowhere near deserving the level of hate you are bestowing on it.

That quote is from a video game called Portal. It has been overused, sure, but it is nowhere near deserving the level of hate you are bestowing on it.

I know where it's from, and the quote itself isn't deserving of that level of hate...no, the entire movement that proceeded it, however, IS.

I turned 28 a couple weeks ago. For my birthday party we had with parents this past Saturday, my wife surprised me with a kick ass homemade cake. She even made fondant for the first time. It was a Star Wars cake, with some of our little Lego minifigures and an X-Wing minikit on top, with the words 'Star Wars' in yellow fondant.

It was awesome. And it tasted great. There is nothing wrong with enjoying birthday cake. If growing up means you can't have birthday cake anymore, than in that regard growing up is over-rated.

I would totally post a picture, but I don't know how to insert a picture from a file.

I turned 28 a couple weeks ago. For my birthday party we had with parents this past Saturday, my wife surprised me with a kick ass homemade cake. She even made fondant for the first time. It was a Star Wars cake, with some of our little Lego minifigures and an X-Wing minikit on top, with the words 'Star Wars' in yellow fondant.

It was awesome. And it tasted great. There is nothing wrong with enjoying birthday cake. If growing up means you can't have birthday cake anymore, than in that regard growing up is over-rated.

I would totally post a picture, but I don't know how to insert a picture from a file.

You are a toys r us kid.

What movement?! Can you link me to some websites or something? I've been on our grand internet since the late 90s, but apparently I missed it.

What movement?! Can you link me to some websites or something? I've been on our grand internet since the late 90s, but apparently I missed it.

Then no. If you missed it, you need to start at the beginning and discover the hamster dance, and move on from there. The Cake is a lie/graphics/tshirts and other such movements are FAR beyond your scope of understanding.

To recap.

stfu imho

I'm still scratching my head how a cake thread turned into cake troll debate...best birthday ever?

I find birthday cakes for adults, (especially males), to be...I'm not quite sure how to put it into words, really...

But maybe it's time to grow up. The whole internet/cake thing is and always has been childish and stupid. I beg all the remaining adults to please, for the love of God or Xenu, stop perpetuating the childish behavior and grow some balls.

Dude...

Do you know how much fun said birthday cake can be? Especially, the night of said birthday when all have gone home and its just you and the missus?

You really need to get laid!

On a more serious but far less fun note:

life's too short to be so damn adult all the time, I put my father into an early grave because he was a workaholic who never stopped to smell the roses, and I will be damned if my kids are going through the same thing before they're in their 40's.

Dude...

Do you know how much fun said birthday cake can be? Especially, the night of said birthday when all have gone home and its just you and the missus?

You really need to get laid!

On a more serious but far less fun note:

life's too short to be so damn adult all the time, I put my father into an early grave because he was a workaholic who never stopped to smell the roses, and I will be damned if my kids are going through the same thing before they're in their 40's.

What is truly amazing is how easy it is to set off iGeeks simply by attacking something so arbitrary as cake.

Seriously.

:D

Trolls 1, [H] posters 0.

Then no. If you missed it, you need to start at the beginning and discover the hamster dance, and move on from there. The Cake is a lie/graphics/tshirts and other such movements are FAR beyond your scope of understanding.

Okay, you are definitely a troll. Insulting my internet intelligence? Is that seriously the best rebuttal you can come up with? I have seen the hamster dance, I have seen the Cake is a Lie merchandise. I have seen many other memes come and go. What I HAVE NOT SEEN is your imaginary internet cake movement. You have not produced a single shred of evidence.

Well played, Mr. Troll, well played. You successfully elicited a response out of me. I hope you're proud of yourself. I'm going to go to the bakery now and buy like 12 cakes now, just to spite all of you.

Back