Bill Gates Quits Facebook Over 'Too Many Friends'

HardOCP News

[H] News
Bill Gates told an audience in New Delhi that he gave up on Facebook because too many people wanted to be friends and he couldn’t tell if he actually knew everyone wanting to be his “friend”. Oh well, that’s okay, you guys can always be my friend. :D

Gates, the billionaire computer geek-turned-philanthropist who was honored Saturday by India for his charity work, told an audience in New Delhi he had tried out Facebook but ended up with "10,000 people wanting to be my friends". He had trouble figuring out whether he "knew this person, did I not know this person". "It was just way too much trouble so I gave it up," Gates told the business forum.

I'm probably one of the few people around Who'd never bother Bill, But then I don't have or see any need for a Facebook or Twitter account. :D

You do realize you just opened yourself and kyle up to forever getting new friend requests by putting that up on the wall right? lol.

Seems like he didn't feel like adjusting any of his privacy settings. That's the first place I would have thought he would go...

Hahaha, I can empathise. It seems the way to operate on FB is just add everyone who asks to be your friend and then complain six months later when they annoy you that you don't even know who they are.

When you're that rich, who doesn't want to be your friend?

Apparently Steve's much more of a social butterfly than Kyle, since he has four times as many friends and all... ;)

When you're that rich, who doesn't want to be your friend?

QFT:

"I'm your sister's mother's brother's father's great grandfather's aunt's great great grandson's daughter's sister's nephew's second cousin's brother! May I have some money?"

I added Gates on facebook before :). But he didn't accept my invitation :(. This was at least an year ago too.

Lol, a headcrab? :p

It would be a pain to go through all the requests and invitations of an amount like that.

:( I know there's publicity in it.. but why would the richest (or second richest I don't keep up with that crap) man in the world degrade himself by signing up for Facebook? At this point he's just looking to keep Microsoft on top.. money is of no matter or incentive to him anymore.

Request sent to Kyle. Can't miss this opportunity.:D

I'm from Sweden, but been reading this site for many years (almost from the start), nothin' beats my morning pipe (regular kind...:p) and opening this site, wondering what the hell I'm doing living in this desolate corner of the world!:eek:

He should just hire a team of people to check is facebook account like he does with his email... haha

Adding only people you know as friends is the only way to go. Better to ignore a few friend requests too many; if they're truly 'friends', they won't complain :D

*considers adding Steve to her friends list on FB*

*realizes she has no way to find him there*

:(

You do realize you just opened yourself and kyle up to forever getting new friend requests by putting that up on the wall right? lol.

Adding only people you know as friends is the only way to go. Better to ignore a few friend requests too many; if they're truly 'friends', they won't complain :D

*considers adding Steve to her friends list on FB*

*realizes she has no way to find him there*

:(

I add all [H] readers because I love all of you. I'm easy to find on FB.

im too cool to use facebook but what kind of reason is that to quit? just kick everyone you dont know out

I agree with ole' Bill facebook is fun.. but when you get too many people bugging ya its a pain in the rear :p

added ya steve, names tylar

Back