BFS scheduling tweaks

cactus

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 8, 2010
Messages
422
Has anyone tried changing scheduling priority or rr_interval for BFS?

Right now I have rr-interval set to 300 (from 6, in ms) and SCHED_BATCH for fah6 and all of its children. I am going to try SCHED_ISO because it is mentioned in CK's scheduling doc.

SR-2 3.6GHz, kraken, 3.1 with BFS
WU Time Prio:rr_interval
6903 ~27:28 SCHED_BATCH:300
6903 ~27:27 SCHED_ISO:300 - thinking there are not enough processes running for prio to matter
6903 ~27:41 SCHED_ISO:150
 
Last edited:
I never messed with them when I had PCs that benefited from them. Let us know what you find out.
 
Has anyone tried changing scheduling priority or rr_interval for BFS?

Right now I have rr-interval set to 300 (from 6, in ms) and SCHED_BATCH for fah6 and all of its children. I am going to try SCHED_ISO because it is mentioned in CK's scheduling doc.

SR-2 3.6GHz, kraken, 3.1 with BFS
6903 TPF ~27:28 w/ SCHED_BATCH
6903 TPF ~27:27 w/ SCHED_ISO - thinking there are not enough processes running for prio to matter

Congratulations on the extra 168 ppd. ;)
 
Time increased when dropping the rr_interval to 150, still not by much
 
Time increased when dropping the rr_interval to 150, still not by much
300 seems to be the sweet spot I've recently discovered for my dedicated CLI only folders.
 
Back
Top