BFG 8800GT 512MB OC $249 Shipped @ BestBuy

I would personally not buy BFG products. Not that they can't be decent products for most people. For me personally, I have 2 cards that had heat issues. That was along time ago and they were both 6800GS AGP cars. Not known for getting THAT hot. Now you come along with an 8800 GT, a card known for getting hot ( a buddy of mine bought 2 and is running SLI and gets annoyed with the constant lockups at 96c ), and let BFG release a version of it. I say "good luck" to everyone who buys from BFG. I had a bad experience though.

My online order placed Sunday arrived today. Someone requested some pics, here are a few:
8800GT_1.jpg

8800GT_2.jpg

this sucks, I haven't received a tracking number yet I ordered earlier then most people (Sunday morning at 8), WHY IS THAT?

I would personally not buy BFG products. Not that they can't be decent products for most people. For me personally, I have 2 cards that had heat issues. That was along time ago and they were both 6800GS AGP cars. Not known for getting THAT hot. Now you come along with an 8800 GT, a card known for getting hot ( a buddy of mine bought 2 and is running SLI and gets annoyed with the constant lockups at 96c ), and let BFG release a version of it. I say "good luck" to everyone who buys from BFG. I had a bad experience though.

The BFG is 100% identical to almost every other 8800GT.

That's good to know. I'm still going to wait for the non overclocked eVGA version. I've never had problems with eVGA. I'll wait until around February (when I get my tax refund.....w00t!) and if I can't find the eVGA version I want, I may look into BFG then.

went back to BB for a 3rd time to get price matched for the latest price $250, they wouldn't do it cause they said its a sale price and i originally got %12 off 299 and they cant let you combine a price match and a coupon, i knew this but figured id give it a shot.. still <$250 is awesome for this card.. i remember getting a 6800gt for $400

Tell them you don't want to do a pricematch then. Tell them you want to return the used card, and purchase a new one at the $249 price and that you will use the coupon on the new one.

Sure your store prolly doesn't have them in stock, but do you think the customer service lady knows that?

They gave me grief about pricematching and tried to give me a credit of $2.xx on my card and I wasn't having that. After explaining to the customer service lady that I could return it and buy a new one at the new price, with a coupon she went ahead and did it.

BB Customer service people don't seem to be too bright. I went in a couple weeks ago to get my third free HD-DVD movie and the conversation went like this.

BB: Sir I will have to return it, credit your card, and then resell it to you.
Me: And the credit isn't posted to my account today so how can I purchase it again while I wait for the credit to post?
BB: Sorry but there isn't anything else I can do.
Me: Why not just return it and put the balance on a gift card and then resell it to me using the gift card to purchase it.
BB: Great idea!
Me: (Under my breath) Damn 16yr old kids!)

i went to my local bestbuy lastnite and the guy said there all back ordered so i dont see how a fresh supply will be in today.or by fri. but ill call and see. id rather have evga so i may just get this card and return before jan 31st

This card is running 725/1762/975 100% stable for me (up from stock 625/900). No additional cooling, 64C at max load.

Edit: Manually set fan speed to 55%.

Edit2: The memory clock was perfectly stable at 1000mhz but according to posts on other forums it's better to keep at ~975 if you keep it overclocked 24/7 to ensure longevity. I didn't see any benefit from upping the extra 25mhz so no loss.

Ya, there's nothing wrong with BFG cards as mentioned above, they're pretty much the same as any 8800GT with the reference cooler.

I would recommend manual fan control though. At load (Crysis demo) the card was between 60 and 70c.

Fry's.com has them in stock now at regular price....hopefully tomorrow or Friday they drop the price....if they don't sale out beforehand.

Your a dumb ass bro, it doesn't matter what brand of anything you buy shit happens. Just because you had bad luck doesn't make there products trash. Iv had lots of friends with lots of BFG cards with no problems. Thats what there lifetime warranty is for so use it. Would i rather have an EVGA hell ya but for $224 thats a no brainier.

yay for me, just found a box outside my door today! opened it and it was my 8800Gt! ordered sunday morning. BB never gave me any tracking! I expected 1-2 weeks. Well they did something right for once.

All nVidia cards are made by either Foxconn or Flextronics. BFG simply flashes their own BIOS with there own clock speeds and slaps their own sticker on it. The BFG is an OC, but its hardly OC-ed. Same with eVGA, XFX, etc. Some companies do modify them, BFG has not modified the 8800.

Your a dumb ass bro, it doesn't matter what brand of anything you buy shit happens. Just because you had bad luck doesn't make there products trash. Iv had lots of friends with lots of BFG cards with no problems. Thats what there lifetime warranty is for so use it. Would i rather have an EVGA hell ya but for $224 thats a no brainier.

I said that I, personally have had bad experiences with 2 of them in the past. I got one..it had heat issues. They sent me another one. It had heat issues, so I got an add on cooler for it and it was much better.
I didn't say the products were trash. I said that I wouldn't buy one because of my experiences.
Now who's the dumbass?
pwnt

I went to my local store and rainchecked 2 today , we'll see what happens :D

Fuck it, I bought one. I can turn around and sell my Evga 8800GTS 640 for nearly the same price.

Backordered 2 MSIs from shopblt.com @ $242.70/ea . AFAICT they are the only vendor that is a) still asking ~MSRP, b) providing ETAs, c) allowing cancellation w/o fees prior to shipment, d) not in CA

Shipment ETA is 11/25. Unfortunately their incoming shipment for today is now overdue. :rolleyes:

Backordered 2 MSIs from shopblt.com @ $242.70/ea . AFAICT they are the only vendor that is a) still asking ~MSRP, b) providing ETAs, c) allowing cancellation w/o fees prior to shipment, d) not in CA

Shipment ETA is 11/25. Unfortunately their incoming shipment for today is now overdue. :rolleyes:
Their last 2 dates for shipment on those MSIs were not met either. They went from the 13th to the 21st to the 25th.

lol at you for penny pinching

I was in Fry's (Fountain Valley, Orange County SoCal) and they had a big empty section for these @ 249.99 so I went to ask the section manager and he said that they just cleared that section and stickered the shelves due to an incoming shipment. He said anytime now and they will be at that price so stay tuned to your local Fry's If lucky we will get another round of 229

lol right back at paying $320+tax to screwegg. perhaps 10 extra days w/ a 8800GT are worth $100 to some people but I would rather invest that money

So true...i waited about two weeks, and ended upgetting it for 240 total. Considering Crysis was the only game i needed it for...and i bought it the same day Crysis came out...i think i did ok.

I bought one online and it just came in today woot. Still haven't plugged her up though. I have a raincheck from the Brick and Mortar too so if they ever get any in I might pick one up there too.

For those knocking the BFG cards, mine overclocked 40mhz higher (750mhz core) than the XFX I got which was stock clocked at 670mhz.

mine is FINALLY in town, should be delivered today. stupid UPS and their lazy holiday schedule! ;)

For those knocking the BFG cards, mine overclocked 40mhz higher (750mhz core) than the XFX I got which was stock clocked at 670mhz.

i duno why anyone would knock these cards.. i've had mine for 2 weeks now and i love it, even pared with a e6750 its fast, runs all my games fast w/ great quality.. no complaints for $246 after tax

well..I didn't get my eVGA. I ended up going after the dell Deal for the XFX 8800GT for 242 shipped. Pretty good deal I think. Plus it was an additional 20 percent cash back if you used paypal. I'm sure you've all read about the deal. I didn't use paypal though...but oh well. I'm going to see how well the card OCs and if it does poopish, I'll probably look at the BFGs. I'm sure things are much better with them than in the past ;)

I guarantee you they come from the same factory/assmebly plant as the EVGA cards...and any others who stick to the reference design. The only difference is the cooling solution (which most of the time just consists of a different sticker on the stock cooler) and tweaked core/ram timings that happen away from the original factory.

I guarantee you they come from the same factory/assmebly plant as the EVGA cards...and any others who stick to the reference design. The only difference is the cooling solution (which most of the time just consists of a different sticker on the stock cooler) and tweaked core/ram timings that happen away from the original factory.

No!:mad: EVGA cards walk on water!

Yep, won't argue that and in fact, wholeheartedly agree. Some people seem to think that the lesser clocked cards aren't as good as pre-overclocked versions, which is quickly being disproved through recent overclocking achievements by others like myself.

okay folks, lets keep this thread ontopic...if you wish to discuss the technology, head on over to our Video Card forums...

This thread should be only on the deal itself and how/where we can find the best price for THIS card :)

I got my eVGA 8800gt for 269.99 at Fry's on Black Friday, I just think the warranty's worth the extra 20 bucks.

Back