BFG 8800GT 512MB OC $249 Shipped @ BestBuy

BFG has the best warranty because u dont need a reciept so anyone can use it, and they dont harrass you with stupid tech over the phone they just issue a RMA. Oh and its based in the USA so you speak to people you can understand. everytime. no need to register the card or any of the crap xfx, etc make you do to get the warranty.

I have initiated an RMA on my BFG card because its DVI connectors are faulty. It doesn't send a signal over DVI but it does using a DVI-VGA adapter + cable... I have done extensive testing on this including using it in another machine, using two different monitors and two different cables. All pointing to the card being defective.

However it seems their procedure is, you send the card in and wait for a replacement. Knowing how short in supply this card is I think I will call them and ask them to send first or at least cross-ship so I don't get stuck without a video card for weeks.

I could just return it to a BestBuy store but considering how inflated the prices are right now it would pretty much be throwing away money.

Doesn't BFG not warrant removing the heatsink or overclocking?

Correct. Any modification to the card, even adding passsive RAM heat sinks, voids the warranty, and they'll send the card back to you, and you have to pay shipping.

BFG has the best warranty because u dont need a reciept so anyone can use it, and they dont harrass you with stupid tech over the phone they just issue a RMA. Oh and its based in the USA so you speak to people you can understand. everytime. no need to register the card or any of the crap xfx, etc make you do to get the warranty.

That's how EVERY warranty should be, wtf. Go BFG :D, but wtf to everybody else, screw EVGA and their nit-picky ass warranty, I used to like EVGA the best, not anymore! Go away, EVGA!:confused:

Doesn't BFG not warrant removing the heatsink or overclocking?

Man, if that was true that would be the stupidest lamest thing I've heard all week.

Correct. Any modification to the card, even adding passsive RAM heat sinks, voids the warranty, and they'll send the card back to you, and you have to pay shipping.

Thanks I have a watercooling setup for my 8800Gt BFG and now I can't use it so I guess I will return the card in January then and get an EVGA or XFX.

BFG is ok with modding your card. I sold a BFG card to a guy a while back and he had some issues with it artifacting when he got it. He removed the heatsink and used AS5 in an attempt to help but it did not work. He called BFG, explained exactly what happened and asked for an RMA. They took it back no problem and replaced the card. The only reason I am using EVGA now is because of the step-up program. Otherwise the BFG warranty is at least as good as EVGA if not better.

Well my experience so far with BFG's warranty support isn't as positive as some of you are making it out to be. While EVGA will send the replacement card first, BFG makes you send yours in to the warehouse first, they don't even cross-ship. I called up and asked them about their policy and they said they don't do cross-shipping or advanced replacement period. However they didn't ask for a receipt which is nice, so it should be good even if you sell it/give it to someone else.

This is all they asked for:
If you would like to setup a warranty replacement RMA, please reply to this
e-mail with the following information:

Full Name:
Phone Number:
Full Shipping Address:
E-mail Address:
BFG Model Number: (Will most likely start with BFGR)
Serial Number: (Will most likely start with 006 or G)

Once we have this information, we can continue setting up your replacement order.

Thank you,
Delma D
BFG Support

they cross shipped to me twice in past 5 years. ask for it on thep hone and ofer your credit card to cover unless this changed they did this for me.

I called since bestbuy.com lists the cards as sold out. The lady told me that basically they don't know if/when they are going to get any more in. I'm planning on keeping my orders on with them until early December, then we'll see how the new 8800 GTS launch goes, more specifically if you have to kill 10 people in order to get one at MSRP.

Well my experience so far with BFG's warranty support isn't as positive as some of you are making it out to be. While EVGA will send the replacement card first, BFG makes you send yours in to the warehouse first, they don't even cross-ship. I called up and asked them about their policy and they said they don't do cross-shipping or advanced replacement period. However they didn't ask for a receipt which is nice, so it should be good even if you sell it/give it to someone else.

This is all they asked for:

evga never cross shipped for me either while bfg was willing to do so. the voided warranty from any modifications is somewhat of a moot point if you just put the factory heatsink back on and send it back your gong to get a replacement same as any other company

i'm glad i know when that card comes in at BB. hahah and i get it at a employee discount.

mine came in on tuesday, but i wasn't able to put it in until yesterday, figured i would setup raid as well while i am at it.

I am currently testing the card with a new bios flash at 732 core/ 943 memory/ 1757 shader and it seems to be artifact free w/ temp at 64 degrees 54% fan speed.

I need to start playing crysis and cod4 now.

plus i got my card for $212 after tax final price from bb:D

i'm glad i know when that card comes in at BB. hahah and i get it at a employee discount.

You guys have them in at your wherehouse? Cause we sure as hell don't.

Also, BB is a pretty decent job for someone who's in school, as long as you don't mind charging the poor unsuspecting general public outrageous retail prices.

Someone asked for a picture:
DSC01914.jpg

So hot looking. mmmmm.

if you move that pos bfg thing out of the way we can see that nice wicker table you have there.
Believe it or not, lol, it's a POS wicker seat to a little table and chair set given to me by my parents when i got married. It was Used when they bought it. Lol.
But that hunk of silicon does obscure it's nice weave.

Back