BFG 8800GT 512MB OC $249 Shipped @ BestBuy

They always stash them in the back those are crafty fvck3rs!!!!!! This is why I never waste time going to the stores. I hate worst buy with a passion. Getting an instore deal is like pulling teeth

been watching the bfg 8800gt oc like a hawk online until it came into my local BB, once i saw it in stock i ordered it to be picked up, for the $279 price.. then i got 12% off coupons which I went in this past friday which brought it down to 260ish after tax, so NOW ugh I have to go back in there to get it price matched for this latest sale.. kind of a pain in the ass but money is money.. man i sure am impressed by the performance of this card.. crysis plays like a dream, tf2 looks fantastic and is smooth as hell, been running through f.e.a.r tonight everything maxed out 1900x1200 and really nice frames.. well worth the price of admission :D

these cards look great for me to upgrade but what im gonna do is if i can get one from BB i will and then return it if the new gts comes out and the price isnt much more. cause u will have till jan 31st to return. and by then these cards will drop from 250 down to mabe 200-230

Looks like it's available again online. Wonder if it would qualify for the Christmas guaranteed delivery if they somehow can't get stock by then. Probably a moot thought.

Woo, got one! Free shipping ftw! $10 tax though (lame) but still way less than I'd pay local tax here.

Just ordered one online. Hopefully it'll get shipped soon. We'll see. My local BB didn't have any in stock.

Ordered one online yesterday since it wasn't available in any local stores, got the backordered message, but got a shipping notice with a tracking number today? weird

Ordered one online yesterday since it wasn't available in any local stores, got the backordered message, but got a shipping notice with a tracking number today? weird

i got the same notice today. no tracking info available though when i click the tracking number. i still don't expect it until next week at the earliest.

I assume you can't use any of the 10% or 12% coupons when you order online.

nope, need to have a 16 letter/number combo code for online orders, i already tried to get a 10% price match to match the in store price since i told the rep i could have the item in store for less with the coupon, but they won't apply the coupon online.

I just reserved a rain check for this card.....I don't trust worst buy though.....what happens if they don't restock this card?

I just reserved a rain check for this card.....I don't trust worst buy though.....what happens if they don't restock this card?
What makes you think that they will never restock a brand new card after one shipment? New shipments will arrive mid december.
I will post when they get in.

What's the warranty on the BFG cards like?

Can you remove the heatsink without voiding it?

No.

Any alterations to the card, even if it's just applying a couple of RAM heat sinks, will void the warranty. They specifically told me this when I tried to return a defective 7900 GS OC (GPU was bad) on which I installed some Zalman RAM heatsinks.

Please note, though, that it was my own choice to install the Zalman RAM heatsinks, and that they do list it in the fine print, that any modifications will nullify the warranty. Thus, I really have no valid reason to complain.

That's BFG's policy, and it's not going to change.

No.

Any alterations to the card, even if it's just applying a couple of RAM heat sinks, will void the warranty. They specifically told me this when I tried to return a defective 7900 GS OC (GPU was bad) on which I installed some Zalman RAM heatsinks.

Please note, though, that it was my own choice to install the Zalman RAM heatsinks, and that they do list it in the fine print, that any modifications will nullify the warranty. Thus, I really have no valid reason to complain.

Why didn't you just pull off the ramsinks install stock cooler and then return?

Ugh, BB lists it as out of stock in all of the stores near me online... Is it worth it to go check?

I ordered online last night around midnight and it was showing backordered. I just got an email with a tracking number saying they shipped it :cool:

anyone know if this card is even in stock at B&M in the bay area? I don't trust their online stock check

Then just BUY it online for "in store pickup", they have some kind of guarantee when you do that...

If I am not correct the site will not allow you to order it instore if inventories show OOS. Here is a worthwhile option

1. Order it online and play the waiting game....your card wont be charged until it ships

2. Go in or call the store and request a rain check...cost no money and you are still getting it at the price

3. Do both above which cost nothing and wait till BF and see if better deals can be had across the stores and across the net.

4. If you find a better deal on BF then cancel #1 and sale #2 for 5 bucks :)

Either way you should get something

No.

That's just f'ing STUPID that RAM SINKS?!? would void the warranty ~ wtf?!? Seriously lame.

Anyway, just take the sinks off and your warranty is back in order.

I like no-BS lifetime warranties like Victorinox (Swiss Army Knives) and Craftsman. I had a Swiss Army Knife got run over by a truck on a gravel road, they didn't hesistate to replace it with a new one (not some refurbished crap). Craftsman tools also have a lifetime warranty where you just bring in the tool that's broken and they replace it no bullshit requirement like "must register within 30 days", no proof of purchase needed, you have the item, it's broke, they replace it, period.

ANyway, good to see the 8800GT back down to MSRP already, I been saying that would happen within a few weeks of release, didn't even take that long :D

geez.....

i used the 20% off circuit city add and got this card for 260 out the door after tax.

went into best buy today and got them to use the 12% coupon.

211.00 out the door. thanks for nothing newegg. and thanks for everything bestbuy.

it is now open and installed, 5.9 under vista, hehehehe. still waiting for crisis demo to download!

a little surprised that there is no install for purevideo, any help there?

take care all!

went back to BB for a 3rd time to get price matched for the latest price $250, they wouldn't do it cause they said its a sale price and i originally got %12 off 299 and they cant let you combine a price match and a coupon, i knew this but figured id give it a shot.. still <$250 is awesome for this card.. i remember getting a 6800gt for $400

went back to BB for a 3rd time to get price matched for the latest price $250, they wouldn't do it cause they said its a sale price and i originally got %12 off 299 and they cant let you combine a price match and a coupon, i knew this but figured id give it a shot.. still <$250 is awesome for this card.. i remember getting a 6800gt for $400

What? I guess I got lucky. I purchased this card last week and used a $20.00 off coupon. This coupon could only be used at my local Best Buy. Final price was $259. Today I went to a different Best Buy and they Price Matched it to $249 and then they took another $20 off for the coupon. Final Price $229 out the door.

picked up a raincheck on the 8800GT... none were in stock, none were in transition to the store and none were at the BB warehouse.

The card I ordered on sunday early morning is now on the way

the tracking number now works..

I expected to ship until next week, it came at a surprise that they shipped it already..
probably they got a shipment on monday I guess

The card I ordered this MORNING, after canceling my onsale.com order is on it's way.
The items listed below are now packed and ready to leave our warehouse. Your credit card (or Gift Card) has been charged for the items. If you used a Reward Certificate, it has been applied to your purchase.

Best decision I've ever made.

Got tracking numbers for mine about an hour and a half after I ordered on Monday. My 5000+ "Black" and 2G RAM also arrived today. It may be a good weekend after Thanksgiving after all. :)

5.9 is as high as vista will let it go buddy. this card rocks.

at $211.00.....:) awesome card!

sure wish it had a game though.

What the hell?

I placed my order at 1:20 PM on Sunday and it's still listed as backordered.

^^ that sucks man..

so apparently they don't process orders in the order in which they receive them..
looking that another member a few post back ordered it yesterday and is already on its way

why dont you call them to see whats going on

i bought 2 of these 2 weeks ago for 279.99 -12% coupon. They were like 246 each.
went back today and got them to pricematch there ad. They took an additional 30 each off so i got both for 216 each. Sweet deal!!!

What? I guess I got lucky. I purchased this card last week and used a $20.00 off coupon. This coupon could only be used at my local Best Buy. Final price was $259. Today I went to a different Best Buy and they Price Matched it to $249 and then they took another $20 off for the coupon. Final Price $229 out the door.

yea it sucks.. it's all about the people who work there and my local BB don't budge ever when it comes to combining price matches and coupons, or applying coupons to sale items.. bastards!! :(

I ordered one and it went through and everything. The next day (yesterday) they e-mailed me and sent me a tracking number for UPS. It still doesn't work.... =/

I ordered one and it went through and everything. The next day (yesterday) they e-mailed me and sent me a tracking number for UPS. It still doesn't work.... =/

Same happened to me, but it finally started tracking on UPS within the past couple of hours. Unfortunately it's only an origin scan in Maumee, OH.

Back