BFBC:2 dead...?

BioInclined

Limp Gawd
So i sucked it up and got BFBC:mad: for $5 from Origin(which does suck BTW) and i had issues getting multiplayer going. Contacted them for a new key and now i can get "online" but no one is around.....at all.....?
I was on 2 servers. A NYC one and some other one. 16 and 32 max players but no one around.
Do fellow [H] members know which ones are up still i can search for?
I will play the campaign still, started it and still worth $5 it seems.

Sounds like either your game isn't updated or your filters are screwing up the search results. BFBC2 still has tons of people playing.

I play all of the time and theres LOTS of servers playing. Well, that is until BF3 comes out ;)

Just played last night and there were plenty of servers, though I have noticed I don't have my specact kits and promotional m1 garand anymore..

Over 500 servers for me and tons of players.

Something is up with your settings or connection.

Your system should have updated after launch. Unlike steam origin always needs to update

Aye, there seem to be at least 8-9k people on steam playing every day. Who knows how many more there are between origin, retail, and other dd services?

But yeah, sounds like something is wrong with your filters or your game isn't updated to the latest version (which would be laughable if Origin failed to do so).

Just played last night and there were plenty of servers, though I have noticed I don't have my specact kits and promotional m1 garand anymore..

This will happen to me too every once in a while. Logging out and back in fixes it for me.

Last edited:
In refence to the SPECACT bug,mine did it this morning(I didn't have them)then played this evening with my wife and all was fixed.
to OP setting or update problem.

Make sure you're not using the "play now" feature as it typically does an awful job of finding a game

Transfer to steam...everything will be automatic. Steam is pretty flawless most times.

Did you click on "server browser" in instead? Clicking on "Play Now" is useless, I can never find any games there.

Transfer to steam...everything will be automatic. Steam is pretty flawless most times.

why? bfbc2 hasn't been updated in almost a year and won't ever be updated again. theres no use.

if its really an update issue(which its not since the download from origins is pre-updated) all he has to do is go into his BFBC2 folder and use the BFBC2updater.exe and it will bypass origins and update it that way.

...i had issues getting multiplayer going. ...now i can get "online" but no one is around.....at all.....?
I was on 2 servers. A NYC one and some other one. 16 and 32 max players but no one around.

Goto Multiplayer -> Server Browser
Press the 'reset' button to clear any existing filters then click search

Click on 'PLAYERS' to reverse sort by # of players per server.

Typically I search with the following filters:
Game mode = Rush, Squad Death Match or Conquest
Ranked = Checkmark
Punkbuster = Checkmark
Password = X
Full = X
Empty = X

This is what it looks like
BFBC2Game2010-05-1401-55-43-53.jpg

why? bfbc2 hasn't been updated in almost a year and won't ever be updated again. theres no use.

if its really an update issue(which its not since the download from origins is pre-updated) all he has to do is go into his BFBC2 folder and use the BFBC2updater.exe and it will bypass origins and update it that way.

because sometimes this works when all else fails. That's why it was suggested. You know the workarounds as do most people. Considering the potential punkbuster problems that you don't deal with when using steam, sometimes working with them fixes things.

because sometimes this works when all else fails. That's why it was suggested. You know the workarounds as do most people. Considering the potential punkbuster problems that you don't deal with when using steam, sometimes working with them fixes things.
please stop spreading your nonsense, origin launches bc2 and the game looks for updates if there are none it starts as normal.
furthermore, punkbuster doesn't care where the game came from so you can encounter them (pb issues) regardless of platform including retail.

There is no difference in the punkbuster implementation with the steam version as compared to others. FUD, plain and simple... (I've had the Steam copy since pre-order beta of BFBC2 and yes I have had issues with it at times, the punkbuster software is identical no matter where you get BFBC2).

Seems the Valve Defense Force is out in... pardon the pun, force!

There is no difference in the punkbuster implementation with the steam version as compared to others. FUD, plain and simple... (I've had the Steam copy since pre-order beta of BFBC2 and yes I have had issues with it at times, the punkbuster software is identical no matter where you get BFBC2).

Seems the Valve Defense Force is out in... pardon the pun, force!

to add..

punkbuster is a 3rd party application and has absolutely no interaction with steam or any other game managing software, doesn't matter if you bought it on steam or EA.

the only anti-cheat software that interacts with steam is VAT and is just as shitty if not shittier than PB..

The Steam overlay often doesn't play nice with Punkbuster. I haven't had an issue with it in BC2, but BF2 sure doesn't like it.

Back