BF3 Tweaks and Help Thread

The new drivers don't have anything about BF3 in the release notes. :confused: They were just released today but I'm not changing.

11.10 official = 11.9 Release 3

Same only with a WHQL cert for the over cautious. We may need to wait for 11.11 preview or 11.10 Cap 1 for some more bf3 goodies. Those can't come soon enough.

11.10 official = 11.9 Release 3

Same only with a WHQL cert for the over cautious. We may need to wait for 11.11 preview or 11.10 Cap 1 for some more bf3 goodies. Those can't come soon enough.

Oooooh ok. Well that's poo. I seem to have less issues than other people graphically, but overall I'm quite happy with the performance and visual quality. I'll be a bit anxious installing new drivers with BF3 "improvements". ;)

Oooooh ok. Well that's poo. I seem to have less issues than other people graphically, but overall I'm quite happy with the performance and visual quality. I'll be a bit anxious installing new drivers with BF3 "improvements". ;)

Yeah that's the double edged sword AMD has to deal with. They give us the performance enhancements asap by releasing a preview driver or CaP instead of making us wait it out. Then when the official driver comes out... We already want/demand more!! :p:D

They are hard at work, we just need to all try and be patient. As soon as something awesome is on the horizon they will bless us with a cap or preview driver as they know how important this game is to their customers.

Eyefninity Issue

Anyone else have the issue where the Friend or Foe marks only show on the left screen when in Eyefinity resoultuion? If I switch to single screen they work correctly.

Eyefninity Issue

Anyone else have the issue where the Friend or Foe marks only show on the left screen when in Eyefinity resoultuion? If I switch to single screen they work correctly.

Running NVIDIA Surround here at 5040x1050 and I have the same issue. I just shoot everything that moves :)

Sometimes I'll see them align to the person/vehicle correctly but when I do they're all stretched out and it never lasts more than a second or two before they disappear again.

Vega just posted in another thread that he has a fix or workaround and has already posted it somewhere, specifically to that bug where in eyefinity your friends/enemy health bar and indicators show up only on the side monitor or monitors but not in the middle. I'm trying to find where he posted that. This should be added to the OP once the we post the workaround for that here. That issue is plaguing Surround and eyefinity currently and I had it in the beta.

I did not see this in the OP but how does a PC game not allow you to bind mouse buttons? I cant get forward or backward to bind and I can only bind mouse up is something wrong with my mouse? Or are others having this issue too.

I did not see this in the OP but how does a PC game not allow you to bind mouse buttons? I cant get forward or backward to bind and I can only bind mouse up is something wrong with my mouse? Or are others having this issue too.

Which mouse? I had to set my MX518 side buttons to something in the profiler software first (instead of "default"), and then it would let me map them in-game.

using a logitech performance mx that darkfield thingy. I have the side buttons assigned to forward and back.

Eyefinity/surround issue we have is No icons on our team or enemy's. And we cant spot because if we do. Well we can't see it anyways

Whether I am on high or medium, textures are still flashing, especially through a scope. If I zoom in on something far off, it starts freaking out like mad. When I get close, the same objects appear much better.

Any thoughts? VRAM limitation loading up only the close textures?

Eyefninity Issue

Running NVIDIA Surround here at 5040x1050 and I have the same issue. I just shoot everything that moves :)

Sometimes I'll see them align to the person/vehicle correctly but when I do they're all stretched out and it never lasts more than a second or two before they disappear again.

See This for a workaround. http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1647636

using a logitech performance mx that darkfield thingy. I have the side buttons assigned to forward and back.

Once I mapped mine to forward and back, I was able to map them in-game. Worst case, you could always map the mouse buttons to the key press you want them to be in-game, no?

Ya right now that is a last resort for some reason I cannot even figure out how to set up profiles on this mouse. I have setpoint but I only see options for the mouse wheel to changer per program. Another interesting note is I bound the keys to forward and back on another mouse on the same computer but it still wont work on the performance MX. All other games from many companies on steam work fine.

I've been checking out the performance overlay. The GPU is consistently below the CPU, meaning i am CPU bottle necked correct? even though CPU usage is around 80%? Thanks
80320331.png

Also whats with all the huge spikes? It happened more on this map than the previous one. Is this just the map/server? I got these pretty consistently and to where its unplayable for a second or two.

Worldexclusive, can you add vega's workaround for black screen and friend/foe indicators to the op,I linked it above, I can confirm it does indeed works.

Some maps, like tehran highway, have major lag issues. It is ok at first then the map becomes progressively laggy. this is true for all of my teamates.

Anyone know how to turn bloom off yet? I hate that crap.

I've been checking out the performance overlay. The GPU is
consistently below the CPU, meaning i am CPU bottle necked correct? even though
CPU usage is around 80%? Thanks
80320331.png

Also whats with all the huge spikes? It happened more on this map than the previous
one. Is this just the map/server? I got these pretty consistently and to where its
unplayable for a second or two.

Yes that would be correct. You are CPU bottlenecked.

I was running a Q9650 @ 4.3ghz on a Asus P45 board and was CPU bottlenecked in full
32 person servers even though CPU usage was around ~85%. Even with putting all the
graphics to low I wasn't able to achieve the desired FPS which I wanted for my 120hz
display in full 32/64 person servers.

I then upgraded to a 2600k and noticed a HUGE gain in fps. Especially when I
benchmarked the game on low settings, which is the good way to test what the CPU can
do since your eliminating the GPU during the test. I was able to pull to pull a solid
200fps, the Q9650 was never able to get that high of fps on low settings.

I wish I would have taken a SS of render.perfoverlayvisible 1 when I had my Q9650
installed, it looked similar to yours above, there was decent gap between the two.
Now with the 2600k they are both on top of each other all the time.

I gained ~+30fps to my min fps going from Q9650 @ 4.3ghz to 2600k @ 4.9ghz.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1647514

2169bf3_large_settings.png

Someone earlier made a request about trimming back or disabling Bloom. I wouldn't mind that myself.

IAlso whats with all the huge spikes? It happened more on this map than the previous one. Is this just the map/server? I got these pretty consistently and to where its unplayable for a second or two.

According to that picture you are cpu bottlenecked. Run the game at a higher resolution and higher graphical settings if possible, and also overclock your cpu more. When you see green below yellow that means your cpu bottlenecked.

§·H·ï·Z·N·ï·L·T·ï;1037977145 said:
Yes that would be correct. You are CPU bottlenecked.

I was running a Q9650 @ 4.3ghz on a Asus P45 board and was CPU bottlenecked in full
32 person servers even though CPU usage was around ~85%. Even with putting all the
graphics to low I wasn't able to achieve the desired FPS which I wanted for my 120hz
display in full 32/64 person servers.

I then upgraded to a 2600k and noticed a HUGE gain in fps. Especially when I
benchmarked the game on low settings, which is the good way to test what the CPU can
do since your eliminating the GPU during the test. I was able to pull to pull a solid
200fps, the Q9650 was never able to get that high of fps on low settings.

I wish I would have taken a SS of render.perfoverlayvisible 1 when I had my Q9650
installed, it looked similar to yours above, there was decent gap between the two.
Now with the 2600k they are both on top of each other all the time.

I gained ~+30fps to my min fps going from Q9650 @ 4.3ghz to 2600k @ 4.9ghz.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1647514

IMG]http://www.pictureshack.us/images/2169bf3_large_settings.png[/IMG

Great post thanks for the info. I was hoping this wasn't the case but it looks like it may be.

According to that picture you are cpu bottlenecked. Run the game at a higher resolution and higher graphical settings if possible, and also overclock your cpu more. When you see green below yellow that means your cpu bottlenecked.

Thats running at 1680x1050 everything on ultra but no MSAA. That is with two GTX460 1GB cards though. I was hoping the [email protected] would be enough to run everything smoothly with AA at 1680 but I will try pushing the overclock on the CPU higher and see how that helps. I'm not sure the 1GB video memory is enough for AA to run smoothly.

Thats running at 1680x1050 everything on ultra but no MSAA. That is with two GTX460 1GB cards though. I was hoping the [email protected] would be enough to run everything smoothly with AA at 1680 but I will try pushing the overclock on the CPU higher and see how that helps. I'm not sure the 1GB video memory is enough for AA to run smoothly.

Wow, I'm surprised that your bottlenecked at those settings. Try the MSAA on as well and see if it helps. Overclocking your cpu by another 300 mhz or so should definitely help but make sure you have a good aftermarket cooler to handle all the extra heat.

Any comment on the "AMD optimized" tessellation in the CCC? How does this affect performance?

Anyone have any technical explanation for why disabling Hyperthreading solves the stuttering issue? It's annoying that I have to turn off HT just to play BF3.

I do a lot of rendering so yes, I may be one of the few uses HT on my 2600k :(

Also after anynews on the HT turn off.

I am having to run my E8400 4.0GHz on one core due to stuttering and frame spikes. I can sit still and watch my fps vary by 20fps constantly :(

Unfortunately one core doesn't quite cut it. If I run on ultra settings (6950 unlocked) the game smooths out as its becoming more GPU bottlenecked but the framerate is too low to play.

At the moment I see no change in frame rate between low-high settings but am having to run low with one core. It sometimes throws a fit and drops to 10fps but mainly sticks between 35-55

sort it out dice!

Has anyone figured out how to bind Razer mouse (side) buttons to the game?

Make sure you have the latest drivers installed?

I have a DeathAdder Black Edition and they bind just fine.

Anyone with the error syncing to cloud issues? I tell it play anyway but it won't load multiplayer or singleplayer. Just hangs at initializing.

Make sure you have the latest drivers installed?

I have a DeathAdder Black Edition and they bind just fine.

What do you have the side buttons set to in the driver? I have the same mouse with the latest drivers and I cannot get either side button to bind.

Anyone with the error syncing to cloud issues? I tell it play anyway but it won't load multiplayer or singleplayer. Just hangs at initializing.

Open Origin->BF3 icon->small cloud icon->disable cloud storage

if you're really vram starved, you can get a sizable chunk back by killing off aero.

you can right click bf3 -> properties -> and have it turn off when you launch the game... or you can just manually obliterate it from the task manager if you really feel like.

if you're really vram starved, you can get a sizable chunk back by killing off aero.

you can right click bf3 -> properties -> and have it turn off when you launch the game... or you can just manually obliterate it from the task manager if you really feel like.

That's what I did and I get less memory errors now.

hair cross health and ammo status missing. I can "sometimes" fix it by restarting the computer. other times its there when I start playing and stays there for the entirety. some other times its gone just for the heck of it.. anyone having the same issue? driver issue? game issue?

I've been checking out the performance overlay. The GPU is consistently below the CPU, meaning i am CPU bottle necked correct? even though CPU usage is around 80%? Thanks
How do you get the graphs?

Back