BF3 Menu and Hud non functional with NV Surround

R-Type

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - October 2011
Is anyone else having this issue? Its similar to what happened with BC2 with several driver releases and you couldn't select anything on the main splash screen but now I can't even see anything. I made it into the first mission by hitting space bar a few times but had not hud and hitting esc just brought up the animated background of the main menu.

To validate it was a surround issue, I turned it off and launched the game on a single monitor which worked as expected. Additionally the menus work in windowed mode while surround is enabled, just not in fullscreen.

I have verified the issue with both 285.62 and the 285.38, but the bug was NOT there in the beta.

System is Gaming 1 from sig with 3x20'' portrait surround for 3290*1680 bezel corrected.

I'm having the same issue. To verify, you have surround but trying to play on 1 monitor right?

I can play on one monitor if I disable NV Surround. This gives me a single display at 1680*1050. The issue comes when trying to apply the large NV Surround resolution.

Geez I was afraid of this. One of the reasons I didn't preorder. Still too many bugs for dice to work out.

In the beta there was a screen adjustment option. Can you guys try and play with that and bring things in closer to the center to try and find a possible point where your hud is fixed and post back. On the beta I couldn't get it fixed even at the highest adjustment inward as possible in that menu and had to scale my resolution down to 2800xsomething I can't remember and then I was able to get my hud working and fitting on my screen as I needed.

I'm getting a different error. My screens are set up for surround but when I change the resolution in-game to 1920 x 1200, I don't see the UI screen at all. It's as if the surround resolution never changed but now I'm seeing the left side of the landscape. I have to shut off surround in order to play on 1 screen.

Just play on one monitor. It works fine when you disable NVSurround, or if you play in NVSurround resolutions (at least for me). I only have a problem playing one screen with NVSurround enabled.

Just play on one monitor. It works fine when you disable NVSurround, or if you play in NVSurround resolutions (at least for me). I only have a problem playing one screen with NVSurround enabled.

One monitor works for me, but setting it either to my surround res (3150*1680) or bezel corrected surround res (3290*1680) kills the menus. Playing on a single 20'' display is a pretty big step down from portrait surround's effective 38'' display...

One monitor works for me, but setting it either to my surround res (3150*1680) or bezel corrected surround res (3290*1680) kills the menus. Playing on a single 20'' display is a pretty big step down from portrait surround's effective 38'' display...
I agree, and I am sure it will be patched, but I assume you want to play now, not whenever that is :)

I talked to Johan Andersson ... Rendering Architect with DICE. They are aware of the problem and working on a solution.

Nice guy. I talked to him at GeForce LAN a couple weeks ago and got his contact info.

I talked to Johan Andersson ... Rendering Architect with DICE. They are aware of the problem and working on a solution.

Nice guy. I talked to him at GeForce LAN a couple weeks ago and got his contact info.

Awesome! thanks for the update.

I just watched the Frostbyte 2 discussion that he gave at Geforce LAN here.
http://www.anandtech.com/show/5011/nvidiaea-posts-battlefield-3-graphics-tech-talk

Great presentation and some really exciting tech, explains why the system will use up every ounce of vram you have but won't slow to a crawl even if you don't have all that much!

I'm glad this issue doesn't seem to affect the Galaxy MDT :)

Triple display is playing like a champ on it, surprisingly good for a single 560 Ti.

2011-10-26_17-48-14_688Small.jpg

Can you ask him when he thinks a fix might be ready? Are we talking days, weeks, months?

Can you ask him when he thinks a fix might be ready? Are we talking days, weeks, months?

+1, I'm dying over here (literally, I'm confident my K/D would be much higher with my surround setup)

How does the beta work and final product not?

I mean. Theres alot of people playing this game with nvsurrond.

I cant disable nvsurrond and play on 1 monitor as my three are in portrait.

This is crazy.

How does the beta work and final product not?

I mean. Theres alot of people playing this game with nvsurrond.

I cant disable nvsurrond and play on 1 monitor as my three are in portrait.

This is crazy.

I don't know, but I had the same experience with the beta working and release not.

I run NV Portrait as well, but fortunately I have them mounted to an adjustable monitor arm. If I switch to sli in the nv control panel it just mirrors on the center and right display, I then turn off the center and pull the right display forward and rotate into landscape. Still, this sucks and I imagine having the 20" monitors 8 inches from my face to make up for its pitiful size is not doing wonders for my eyesight. :p

IS there a offical forum or bug thread list we can document this and get some type of official response?

Ive been waiting for this game to come out after playinf BF2 and then now its finally out and I have this killer pc built Im sitting here with my thumb up my a**

Are you guys getting complete black screen in the game or just no menu? When you are in Surround mode, do all GPUs show usage that SLI is actually working? Curious to see if there are commonalities between the SLI and Crossfire problems with BF3.

Are you guys getting complete black screen in the game or just no menu? When you are in Surround mode, do all GPUs show usage that SLI is actually working? Curious to see if there are commonalities between the SLI and Crossfire problems with BF3.

The cinematics, HUD, and menu overlays are simply non existent. When you launch, you hear the intro movie but have only black screen and when the menu loads it is just the animated background with no items, overlays, or cursor. The menu is still functional, so you could key into gameplay if you memorized the menu but you just get placed in the game with absolutely no hud.

Set the in-game resolution to your desktop resolution.

Even once you get everything working, with a centralised HUD there are still some Surround bugs that make multiplayer unplayable. The nametags disappear a lot of the time and are distorted when they do appear. Also the lens flare and 'dirt on the screen' effects are all 3 times larger and completely obscure the view a lot of the time. A couple of street lamps and a bit of rain and you're fucked.

Set the in-game resolution to your desktop resolution.

Even once you get everything working, with a centralised HUD there are still some Surround bugs that make multiplayer unplayable. The nametags disappear a lot of the time and are distorted when they do appear. Also the lens flare and 'dirt on the screen' effects are all 3 times larger and completely obscure the view a lot of the time. A couple of street lamps and a bit of rain and you're fucked.

I think I mentioned above, but setting to either my desktop res or the bezel corrected desktop res doesn't fix it for me. I've done multiple driver clean installs, custom config editing etc, this is a game issue.

same bug here as well. you definitely don't want to be playing hardcore mode in these higher surround resolutions

Anyone know if this has been fixed yet? I haven't fired the game up in a couple weeks...

Have you guys tried using the FOV adjustment to see if it fixed it?

I actually had the same problem in reverse. I was trying to use really low resolutions due to my shit video card (1280x960 and 1024x768) and parts of the HUD would get cut off until I readjusted the FOV. I did get 1280x960 to work, but not 1024x768.

Guy I know runs 3840 x 1024 eyefinity and no issues. You could try lower surround/eyefinity resolutions.

Hud placement wont do anything for this glitch.

Guy I know runs 3840 x 1024 eyefinity and no issues. You could try lower surround/eyefinity resolutions.

Hud placement wont do anything for this glitch.

Playing at a lower resolution than your "native" three screen setup seems to fix it most of the time. For example, 5040x1050 rather than 5760x1200.

This, of course, makes no sense and is stupid.

The only issue I have is in Co-Op. I can't see the objective markers on my center display, I've got to turn and look on my peripheral displays to get a bearing on where the action is.

I can finally see the player icons in MP, fps has improved and is less choppy.

Still not working for me :\

Same problem as before. No hud, no nothing, looks like real life.

Back