• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Bf2142 keeps crashing

etegv

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 31, 2011
Messages
341
Hi, guys

Bf keeps crashing on me. I'm able to join servers, but then 10 mins into the game I'm back at the desktop with no message. I did not have this issue before (stopped playing for a few months)

I updated the gpu drivers and did the repair thing for the game.

Anyone have this issue?

3600 at 4.2
5700xt
16 gb Ddr 4 2400 oced to 3800

Have no issues with other games. Bf is the only one crashing on me.

Thanks
 
I played the other night and the game seemed like it was packed. I didn't have this issue pre-patch (also had an older setup i7 4790k, not sure if it plays better on older hardware, lol)

but thanks for the help :LOL:
 
Hi, guys

Bf keeps crashing on me. I'm able to join servers, but then 10 mins into the game I'm back at the desktop with no message. I did not have this issue before (stopped playing for a few months)

I updated the gpu drivers and did the repair thing for the game.

Anyone have this issue?

3600 at 4.2
5700xt
16 gb Ddr 4 2400 oced to 3800

Have no issues with other games. Bf is the only one crashing on me.

Thanks
maybe try using display driver uninstaller and reinstalling your card drivers or dial your memory overclock down?

https://www.guru3d.com/files_details/display_driver_uninstaller_download.html
 
maybe try using display driver uninstaller and reinstalling your card drivers or dial your memory overclock down?

https://www.guru3d.com/files_details/display_driver_uninstaller_download.html
Tried ddu last night and still had the issue. I'll try to dial down the memory oc but don't want to lose the performance, lol. Bfv works fine with the oc and runs great
Try without the oc. Do you mean 2042?

Yea, 2042. I will try and see in a bit. Bfv works great with the oc and I have no issues with the other games that I am playing. Bf2042 doesn't feel smooth and keeps crashing on me for no reason. I wish it ran like bfv. Perhaps I need a better cpu for 128 players, but Bf2042 never crashed with my 4790k. I updated the bios/turned off steam and it still crashed on me
 
Tried ddu last night and still had the issue. I'll try to dial down the memory oc but don't want to lose the performance, lol. Bfv works fine with the oc and runs great


Yea, 2042. I will try and see in a bit. Bfv works great with the oc and I have no issues with the other games that I am playing. Bf2042 doesn't feel smooth and keeps crashing on me for no reason. I wish it ran like bfv. Perhaps I need a better cpu for 128 players, but Bf2042 never crashed with my 4790k. I updated the bios/turned off steam and it still crashed on me
You need to go back to stock clocks on everything first. If it doesn't crash then you can start dialing stuff back up to see what's causing the crashes.
 
You need to go back to stock clocks on everything first. If it doesn't crash then you can start dialing stuff back up to see what's causing the crashes.
But is it common to have issues with one game with the oc? I will lower oc in a bit (kind of wanted to do that as last resort). I've been testing bfv and have had no issues. No issues with apex and battlefront. I will lower oc and give it a shot
 
But is it common to have issues with one game with the oc? I will lower oc in a bit (kind of wanted to do that as last resort). I've been testing bfv and have had no issues. No issues with apex and battlefront. I will lower oc and give it a shot
Yes it's a different game, could be more sensitive to overclocks. Might need more voltage.
 
Should bump to 1.4V

ok, so I haven't crashed so far with 1.4. Was able to play a full game, lol

is it safe to keep it at 1.4? I am reading conflicting reports. I don't mind it at 1.4 as long as I can get like 2 years out of the cpu
 
Yep, plenty safe. Most 3000+ ddr4 is 1.35V stock.

so right now cpu voltage is at 1.35 and ddr 4 voltage is at 1.4

do you think this is ok? So far no issues with BF2042 and I haven't and no disconnects and the game going straight to desktop. Pretty surprised that bumping up the voltage helped so much

thank you
 
Back
Top