BF2 Patch 1.03 release in 5 days

donahue said:
It has been stated on every page of this thread that the final release is Sept 23 and public release is Oct 3rd. I just got it wrong in the title, sorry.

It's also been stated that this is just a rumor with no comment coming from DICE. ;)

final is where they send the update from the studio to the servers, where it will then be publically released to us. At least thats my hypothesis.

Yeah, but they've already said they don't have a REAL timeframe, so all of this is speculation as noted above. We'll get it in late October, I'm predicting.

wait, wait, help me understand...

The best game for the pc right now (and in the running for all time) doesn't work right on some of your pc's? It needs patches?

How many times am I going to have to do this until you pc hardliners (you know who you are) realize consoles are better?

I'm not going to say anymore because I don't want to jack the thread, and because I really don't need to. Everytime someone makes a thread like this my argument gains credibility, while the pc's side loses.....

clownvomit said:

The best game for the pc right now (and in the running for all time) doesn't work right on some of your pc's? It needs patches?

How many times am I going to have to do this until you pc hardliners (you know who you are) realize consoles are better?

I'm not going to say anymore because I don't want to jack the thread, and because I really don't need to. Everytime someone makes a thread like this my argument gains credibility, while the pc's side loses.....

Do you win a prize if you convince someone that consoles are better than pcs? Did I miss the contest where we threadcrap every post in the game section to try to convince people that your -OPINION- is somehow more relevant than everyone else's? Please fill me in, because you seem to be the only one that is in on it.

clownvomit said:

Oh, and im sorry, games such as halo 2 are perfectly bug free when they are released...

ludachaz said:
Oh, and im sorry, games such as halo 2 are perfectly bug free when they are released...
Buggy..Maybe but you can at least rest assured that it's going to work on everyone's Xbox :-P Can't say that much for any PC games.

FoxhoundOp said:
Buggy..Maybe but you can at least rest assured that it's going to work on everyone's Xbox :-P Can't say that much for any PC games.
And so it begins. The thread is officially over. Let the flamewars begin!

Please understand; that is the nature of PC games. Just because some work and some don't doesn't make consoles ultimately better. Both platforms have their place.

Besides, without PC's (only consoles for gaming) where would all the innovation come from? A platform that changes once every 5 years, or one that changes constantly?

/what was the topic again?
//got nothing.

I have uninstalled Battlefield 2 a long time ago and am really hoping that this patch makes my $50 well spent. Looking forward to it!

FoxhoundOp said:
Your post is WAAAAAAAY off topic.

Second off, your... severely misinformed. Xbox games get patched too you know. See autoupdate via xbox live and STFU.

Finally, that "benefit" of a console is kinda moot when you don't see a bug patched because it's not as easy to fix as on a PC. Again, STFU.

BF2 is the biggest letdown for me since i have been playing PC games, and thats going back to my VIC-20 / C-64 days lol. My bro and my Friend cant play for more then 10 mins without it crashing. I seem to play fine but the game just isnt that much fun for me anyways. Wish EA and Dice would have recognized all these flaws. Instead they want us to buy ADD ONs fior the buggy game. Thats a friggen Insult, asking the consumer to spend more money on a product that they cant even fix. Its like buying new tires for a car without a motor.

I gotta say I really enjoy playing BF2, but I'll be damned if I'm even going to think about purchasing an expansion pack if this patch isn't out by then. The game downright needs it for the sole sake of being somewhat physically accurate.

I really hope DICE comes through for us, it would suck to say that BF2 was the big letdown of 2005 for PC gaming.

Marcdaddy said:
BF2 is the biggest letdown for me since i have been playing PC games, and thats going back to my VIC-20 / C-64 days lol. My bro and my Friend cant play for more then 10 mins without it crashing. I seem to play fine but the game just isnt that much fun for me anyways. Wish EA and Dice would have recognized all these flaws. Instead they want us to buy ADD ONs fior the buggy game. Thats a friggen Insult, asking the consumer to spend more money on a product that they cant even fix. Its like buying new tires for a car without a motor.

I agree. I can't believe there taking all this content (eg: nightvision) that was prommised in BF2 and making us pay for it in an expansion. AND the worst part is people are going to buy it! I've been playing the BF series since 42 and playing competitvly since BF:V. BF:V came out and we all knew how bad it was. Noone played it except for the mods. I really hoped they would put some real effort into BF2, but its the same if not worse. The gameplay is there, its always been tehre, but there are soo many little issues they just skipped over. I dont know what to do.. I haven't played BF2 in months, and probably going to leave my clan in search of another game. I hope DoD:S doesnt dissapoint, cause its either that or wait for CoD2 (and theres no gaurntee it wont be more of the same).

Sheesh... it's been almost 2 months since I've played this game and they still haven't patched it? Garbage.

FreakinSyco said:
I haven't played BF2 in months, and probably going to leave my clan in search of another game.

Umm... I hate to inform you, but if your clan is at all serious about playing BF2 and you haven't played for months... Your butt has already been kicked out. LOL

WhyYouLoveMe said:
Umm... I hate to inform you, but if your clan is at all serious about playing BF2 and you haven't played for months... Your butt has already been kicked out. LOL

The TWL ladders are just getting started.

BF2 just isnt as good as bf:v, I mean the talking, music and just general atmosphere of that game was so much better, me and my clan used to laugh our asses of shouting in vietnamese, listening to cool rock, moshin our heads in a chopper... :D
the Q-mouse talking system is stupid to me, F keys was way better... meh its just a step backwards to me, its no fun like vietnam was. :(

Sadly enough, i've been playing more HL2 Deathmatch then BF2, talk about pathetic but true.

Neural Interface said:
BF2 just isnt as good as bf:v, I mean the talking, music and just general atmosphere of that game was so much better, me and my clan used to laugh our asses of shouting in vietnamese, listening to cool rock, moshin our heads in a chopper... :D
the Q-mouse talking system is stupid to me, F keys was way better... meh its just a step backwards to me, its no fun like vietnam was. :(

i would have to agree. the only good thing going for bf2 are the graphics, bfv's were oh so shitty. i also like the fact that bf2 has modern weapons and takes place in modern times. i liked bfv because it had no stupid ranking system which to me, is a waste.

bfv = legend

TheJackal said:
i would have to agree. the only good thing going for bf2 are the graphics, bfv's were oh so shitty. i also like the fact that bf2 has modern weapons and takes place in modern times. i liked bfv because it had no stupid ranking system which to me, is a waste.

bfv = legend

Huh? BF:V was complete ass all around. Nothing can beat the orginal BF1942 I grew to know and love.

Jeriko_Cherry said:
If you thought BFV was good you should really try BF1942.

BF1942 > BFV

Although I loved the original bf I woudn't say that its better than bfv. For the time it came out it is but the graphics in bfv are much better, BF1 just looks like total ass.

IceWind said:
Sadly enough, i've been playing more HL2 Deathmatch then BF2, talk about pathetic but true.

I will dream of a day when people play HL2 D:M.again. I Heart it. :D

Vriess said:
Although I loved the original bf I woudn't say that its better than bfv. For the time it came out it is but the graphics in bfv are much better, BF1 just looks like total ass.

Original BF's graphics weren't as good as BFV, but it was more fun to me and a lot less laggy. Plus surfing on jeeps for flags was a lot of fun.

Vriess said:
The only real update to the graphics for BFV was too shiny bumpmapping and lag inducing greenery. Play the Eve of Destruction mod for BF1942... it's a much better Vietnam game with night maps and lots of vegetation.

LordBritish said:
Where's da patch/beef ?
SWITZERLAND! Damned neutral countries.

/backtoreality

Umm, I don't know? It would be nice if they actually released it, but I"m betting it's going to be a lot later (as said earlier in this thread). That sucks, I actually BOUGHT this game. :)

Oct 3 patch release. Possible.. and this is more plausible as I saw a red-locked server running Wake Island last night.

i've been enjoying the demo ever since i finished my new pc; runs pretty well and tons of people are playing. i am waiting on this new patch before purchasing the full game, though...

jgoewert said:
Oct 3 patch release. Possible.. and this is more plausible as I saw a red-locked server running Wake Island last night.
Two friends of mine saw the same thing and it was ranked as well since they use the rank servers only filter. I love that map, the good ole days of BF1942 demo!

-Rikus

October 3rd, an unofficial date, may be correct.

There is a new post (today) on EA's forums, by an admin there.
Link.

Please localise this and update your community pages. Please do not upload before 5PM CET (4PM UK).
Attached are 2 images of the new Wake Island map included in this patch.

Battlefield 2 1.03 Update Enters Final QA Pass

That's right, troops. Barring any last minute issues, the 1.03 Update is only a few days from release now. We thought this occasion warranted a post covering the major features and fixes coming in 1.03, so settle back and enjoy.

Wake Island 2007

That's right, the 1.03 update bundles the first Official map release from EA and DICE. In this case the map is a modern-era update of one of the most popular maps from Battlefield 1942 -- Wake Island. The People's Liberation Army has invaded Wake to threaten American supply lines. In response the US Marine Corps has been dispatched to reclaim the island.

The new Wake Island map comes to you free of charge thanks to Fileplanet’s new Battlefield 2 Channel. Visit it at http://www.fileplanet.com/battlefield2.shtml.

New Features

Stats compare - view the extended stats details for any other player in your BFHQ simply by double-clicking on their name on the leader board or using the new search feature
Server Favorites and History - find your favorite servers that much easier. No more searching for them through the main server list
Nickname Prefix - Add and change your clan tag to your account name at will. No more creating alternate account names to cover the changes in your competitive lifestyle
Supply Drop Icons - Supply drops now appear on the main map and within the 3D Map. Find that elusive supply drop much, much quicker
Points for Destroying Command Objects - players now receive points for destroying the commander's toys. Special Forces players rejoice
Server Reserved Slots - Server Operators can now set aside slots for their admins to join a full server at any time
Vehicle Passengers - the names of players in a vehicle with you are now displayed when you enter or change seats
Countermeasures - a reload bar has been added for vehicle countermeasures. You'll always know now when you can set off that next flare

Tweaks

Point Farming changes - DICE has implemented functionality that makes it significantly harder to point farm on Ranked Servers
Mod Support - Mods now work properly with the Dedicated Server! Additionally, the game will automatically switch mods when joining a server that is running a mod you have installed but do not have activated
Map tweaks - Spawn menu map and Commander maps now scale based on the size of the level being played (16, 32 or 64 players). Mini-map also scales automatically based on the vehicle type you are using (manual changes to zoom levels are remembered as well)
Commander scoring - No more TKs from Artillery
Vehicle tweaks - No more accidental kills from bumping a friend with your tank (try to avoid hitting him at speed though) and no more struggling uphill in an APC. Also no more improper TK allocation from vehicle explosions
Auto Team Balance tweaks - Commanders and Squad Leaders now immune to team switch
Anti-Air Missiles - These are now much more effective against fast-movers

…and, of course, more. Look for the patch soon.

Hmm...I wonder how "official" that is, considering EA is calling the new patch 1.1 NOT 1.03, like this purports it to be. Doesn't sound legit to me.

EDIT: I went to EA's page, and it's on there also saying October 3rd. They are referring to it again as 1.03 there as well. Dunno, but at least it's on the official web site.

J-Dog said:
Hmm...I wonder how "official" that is, considering EA is calling the new patch 1.1 NOT 1.03, like this purports it to be. Doesn't sound legit to me.

EDIT: I went to EA's page, and it's on there also saying October 3rd. They are referring to it again as 1.03 there as well. Dunno, but at least it's on the official web site.
Sound VERY legit to me. I mean, it's EA's forums, posted by the admins. Also, note the text used on EA's BF2 site, it's the same thing.

"9.30.05
1.03 Update
That's right, troops. Barring any last minute issues, the 1.03 update is only a few days from release now. "
link.

I read somewhere that the 1.03 patch would make players get out of vehicles to make flag capture faster and that they were increasing the ammount of time it took engineers to repair helicopters.

Is that what they mean by "point farming"? Cause I really hate "blackhawk whores".

Commander scoring - No more TKs from Artillery!

so does this mean we can just plant artillery on a whole group of people fighting and only the enemies will be killed? If so.. that's gonna get a little crazy.

Also.. since Wake Island is included with the patch.. will it be available for ranked servers?

magnetik said:
so does this mean we can just plant artillery on a whole group of people fighting and only the enemies will be killed? If so.. that's gonna get a little crazy.?
i hope it means, everyone gets killed, but the people tk cannot give the commander a negative rating. that would be ok in a since, but then the commander can abuse their power and just arty an area where both good and bad guys are without caring, since they wont get negatives no more.

magnetik said:
so does this mean we can just plant artillery on a whole group of people fighting and only the enemies will be killed? If so.. that's gonna get a little crazy.

Also.. since Wake Island is included with the patch.. will it be available for ranked servers?

I took it as you could still kill your teammates but wont get negative scores or tk punished. If it does not kill them there is potential for huge abuse, ie artty spam a base while a squad runs in to capture the flag. There is no way you could defend aside from being outside shooting into the base your trying to protect. If you cant kill your team with arty Dice is as stupid as everyone says.

Back