BF2 Patch 1.03 release in 5 days

Staples said:
It this really a bug? I swear I see enemies and kill them but I get a TK. I see no names but they look like enemies to me. Maybe I am not dreaming.

yeah its happens so much I have to look at the skins instead of the blue or red since its not at all reliable. First time I came across it was right after me and a couple other guys capped a flag then all the sudden one of the guys Tk's me for no reason. I was about to ban the kid since to me it was an intentional TK until my friend said it was a glitch. It can be rather annoying.

I wouldn't mind the BH as much if the damn AA sites worked. That really needs to be patched, those SAM sites are ridiculously hard to kill anything flying with.

Staples said:
It this really a bug? I swear I see enemies and kill them but I get a TK. I see no names but they look like enemies to me. Maybe I am not dreaming.
Yes, however they will not change colors or disappear off the mini-map. It's a bug in the color tag of their name, it changes to red instead of green/blue.

Jeriko_Cherry said:
I wouldn't mind the BH as much if the damn AA sites worked. That really needs to be patched, those SAM sites are ridiculously hard to kill anything flying with.

You just need to practice how the aiming system works for the AA stations. I'm pretty good at shooting jets and helicopters out of the sky easily.

Genocidal[v2] said:
You just need to practice how the aiming system works for the AA stations. I'm pretty good at shooting jets and helicopters out of the sky easily.

Basically uyou have to shoot at a Jet's tail if you fire when they are approaching form any other direciton your missles will miss.

I rarely use the things unless I happen to be nearby, but it is relatively easy to take out aircraft with two rockets if you wait for the right moment...

J-Mag said:
Basically uyou have to shoot at a Jet's tail if you fire when they are approaching form any other direciton your missles will miss.

I rarely use the things unless I happen to be nearby, but it is relatively easy to take out aircraft with two rockets if you wait for the right moment...

The right moment being right after it drops it's bombs on you. :rolleyes:

Seriously, I've practiced with the AA missiles... and they suck... a lot. It takes several to take down a heli, more often then not the warning tone is more of a "hey, I'm over here come kill me" than a threat. Any good jet pilot can out run a missile, it's a simple bank and afternburner and poof no more missile problems, you can even through flares if you want but they aren't necessary. The game has a serious problem when the Vodnik/Jeep/HMV are better AA vehicles with their 30cals than the actual AA tanks with their miniguns and stingers.

J-Mag said:

AA accuracy/tracking is being adjusted in the patch. See link above.

Jeriko_Cherry said:
Vodnik/Jeep/HMV are better AA vehicles with their 30cals than the actual AA tanks with their miniguns and stingers.

Well that's true. And a nice little secret until you blabbed :p

You can actually lay on it without worrying about overheating. They will take out a heli before you get into the red. And are wicked dangerous because you can pull up anywhere you want with them. If they did anything against tanks they would be the ultimate BF2 killing machines.

Jeriko_Cherry said:
The game has a serious problem when the Vodnik/Jeep/HMV are better AA vehicles with their 30cals than the actual AA tanks with their miniguns and stingers.
Those are 50 cals on the HMMWV ,not 30s. I'm not sure about the Vodnik, probably 50s as well. But yeah, a mobile AA should damage an air asset faster than a small vehicle's mounted gun.

edit: actually it's ironic, the mobile AA is better at mowing down people than the 50 cal, but the 50 is better at taking out planes... WTF?

Well bottom line is the MBT's are best ground vehicle for taking out Helicopters. Nail 'em with the 120mm then switch to the 50cal and they are toast.

Phoenix86 said:
Those are 50 cals on the HMMWV ,not 30s. I'm not sure about the Vodnik, probably 50s as well. But yeah, a mobile AA should damage an air asset faster than a small vehicle's mounted gun.

edit: actually it's ironic, the mobile AA is better at mowing down people than the 50 cal, but the 50 is better at taking out planes... WTF?

Not to mention the fact that the Americans get a mobile AA vehicle that looks REDICULOUSLY similar to the Bradley AFV....last I remember the Bradley is NOT mobile AA. To top it off, the damn thing needs three packs of C4 to blow it up...seriously WTF???

Mr_Evil said:
Not to mention the fact that the Americans get a mobile AA vehicle that looks REDICULOUSLY similar to the Bradley AFV....last I remember the Bradley is NOT mobile AA. To top it off, the damn thing needs three packs of C4 to blow it up...seriously WTF???

Uhh there are like 15 versions of the bradley and the Bradley Linebacker (anti-air) is definately in the US aresenal.
http://www.army-technology.com/projects/linebacker/

I have decent results with both the SAM emplacement and the mobile AA against Helos. Jets are tougher of course. Wait till the helo drops his flares and launch both SAMs. I usually leave the emplacement during the reload cycle. Ill even unload a bit with my support MG. It wont do any dmg, but what pilot doesnt get a little paranoid when he starts hearing that plink-plink of small arms fire. ;)

A lot of times I will scan for a helo while not in the emplacement, that way the pilot wont get any lock warnings. Once you see him hover or engage, then jump in and get your lock.

I always fire both missiles. Even if you know the first will miss, clean out the SAM and let is cycle back to having two rounds loaded.

Since we are talking mounted 50 cals, who thinks that the 306* action of chinese jeep just owns? Ill usually ditch the hummer when I see this superior gun mount. ;)

urbsnspices said:
Since we are talking mounted 50 cals, who thinks that the 306* action of chinese jeep just owns? Ill usually ditch the hummer when I see this superior gun mount. ;)

Isn't the hummer's .50 cal a 360? Its the fast lil dune buggy that is limited to 90 degrees or so...

i don't think the patch is comming out for a few more weeks :eek:

I think they also need a skill testing question to weed most of the retarded morons that play BF2.

How bout giving the helicopter the ability to actually AIM the fucking missles? Instead of diving down at a 45 degree angle and trying to pull up without crashing

IceWind said:
How bout giving the helicopter the ability to actually AIM the fucking missles? Instead of diving down at a 45 degree angle and trying to pull up without crashing
well the rockets, what the copter pilot shoots, are dumb. they aren't guided, and are literally point and shoot. So that is realistic.

alphaone said:
well the rockets, what the copter pilot shoots, are dumb. they aren't guided, and are literally point and shoot. So that is realistic.

Not if I have to fucking bury the stick to the ground in order to aim and fire them and then try to pull up from a mayday crash drive. DC did this much better.

DC's helicopters were much more fun than BF2's. It feels to me that flying them in DC is more realistic than in BF2, not that I've ever flown or been in a chopper in real life. BF2 just feels that they've tried to make it easier to fly with it's auto levelling, which to me makes it feel like I'm fighting against the chopper in order to maneuver.

Aieget said:
DC's helicopters were much more fun than BF2's. It feels to me that flying them in DC is more realistic than in BF2, not that I've ever flown or been in a chopper in real life. BF2 just feels that they've tried to make it easier to fly with it's auto levelling, which to me makes it feel like I'm fighting against the chopper in order to maneuver.

Word.

I've been hearing rumors the the patch
is already out !!!! :eek:

Does anyone know if theres any truth to this ?

IceWind said:
Not if I have to fucking bury the stick to the ground in order to aim and fire them and then try to pull up from a mayday crash drive. DC did this much better.
Try flying lower and slower. You can aim horizontal to the ground when your 10' off of it. ;)

Aieget said:
That's the pendulum effect, present in helos in real life.

link.
In a helicopter with zero hinge offset, the fuselage hangs like a pendulum under the rotor system and reacts not to rotor disk attitude, but to acceleration forces due to being dragged around by the rotor. Thus a cyclic input that causes the rotor to immediately tilt to the right has no immediate effect on the fuselage. This makes it very difficult for the pilot to know immediately whether he has input the correct amount of cyclic. Part of learning to fly one of these is learning to judge how much to move the cyclic without any visual feedback.

That's a part of realism they got right. ;) I have not played DC, so I don't have a base for comparison, but I like the way the helos fly in BF2. They are my most played vehicle. :)

Yeah one thing i was pleasently surprised with is the chopper's. i personally think they are as good if not better then DC's!

I really enjoy flying the jug (chinese/Mec transport chopper) or BH then diving at a flag then yanking back to come to rest about 3 feet from the ground.. good stuff. the Az is damn amazing and is the best attach chopper there.. i have seen one guy stay hoving in above a flag and do barrel rolls inorder to be missed by the AA fire, it was damn crazy.....

The choppers are great fun to fly, especially the attack ones (on all sides). They allow you to shoot and enemy (a few well-placed missles does the job nicely), and then go on to take the flag further on, help your guys, etc etc. Its pretty well balanced but, the SAMs can take down a helo pretty quick, as long as they are relatively close, and the flares die out. As for taking down the planes, well, you might as well just hope that he crashes into a mountain. Thats the only way I die in a plane...

I agree with patch changing how a transport chopper can get flags. Its much more realistic if your team jumps out of the chopper, clears the area, raises the flag, and then jumps in again to take the next point. Much more balanced and realistic :)

Mind you, I would like the patch to fix some of the actual program problems, not just gameplay ones. Still getting those crash-to-desktop problems! As well as various other program related errors.

well no patch yet, HOPEFULLY THIS WILL FIX THE CONNECTION TO ACCOUNT Error, where it keeps freezing there

Leadsled said:
I think they also need a skill testing question to weed most of the retarded morons that play BF2.

This should be nessasarry prior to letting someone fly a chopper.

um guys there won't be a patch for a while maybe even after the expansion comes out. I say this b/c there isn't a definite date really. they are saying beta today and final oct 3 but really don't beat yourselves up about it b/c they ain't in a hurry to release it. patching code is tricky b/c everything is tied together and you change one thing and it runs down the rest of the code so yeah

Since this is a hoax, can we lock the thread or change the name of it? This is getting people excited for no reason.

It has been stated on every page of this thread that the final release is Sept 23 and public release is Oct 3rd. I just got it wrong in the title, sorry.

Back