• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

BF2 EuroForce Poll

Will you buy the EuroForce booster pack for BF2?

  • Yes

    Votes: 39 26.2%
  • No

    Votes: 51 34.2%
  • Maybe

    Votes: 28 18.8%
  • I'll wait to see what 1.21 does

    Votes: 27 18.1%
  • WYLM is a BF2-addict

    Votes: 4 2.7%

  • Total voters
    149

WhyYouLoveMe

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
May 24, 2005
Messages
6,513
I'm probably going to get it but I'm going to wait until they release the 1.21 patch to see if they FINALLY get the bugs worked out. If they do, then I'm all for EuroForce. It seems to be worth the $10 to me... :D
 
As long as they actually finish the fucking models. The challenger looks so appallingly basic, and the soldiers (from the BFHQ page) look so stupidly gooky and gangly i'd cringe every time i saw them :(
 
I noticed the soldiers looking a bit goofy myself. I just want the extra ranked maps to play on. Forget all the other crap... :D
 
I don't intend to buy it. I bought Special Forces and have barely played it. I can't be bothered with BF2 any more. Might get the booster packs off bit torrent and have a couple of bot matches to see if they're any good.
 
meatfestival said:
I don't intend to buy it. I bought Special Forces and have barely played it. I can't be bothered with BF2 any more. Might get the booster packs off bit torrent and have a couple of bot matches to see if they're any good.


same here, actually i got SF and tried playing online with it and it gave me some error about using the original content to play online, so i uninstalled it and worked fine, WTF is up with that? Anyways i cannot play BF2 anymore, its just to bad! CS:S and DOD are the only games i play anymore....
 
I dunno... depends on how good the new maps are. I could care less about new weapons / models.
 
I voted the last option..I know your a Nut about BF2....I remember when you were with us at Hardmilitary...BF2 is basically all you speak...
and Yes..Ill be buying it..seeings how I have played with all the new Weapon Unlocks..I want the FAMAS as my first unlock....
as far as trying it out...can only be done on SP ...and you need to be patched to 1.2

It Should be availbe .

Try it out...at least you can play with all the rifles....the M4 Auto Shotty is nice also.

Its too bad..you cant use your Euro Force Unlocks in Regular BF2(Vanilla)
 
I'll be waiting at this point. I was going to buy it straight away, but then EA let slip that they weren't suporting 64 player action for the new content. 64 players is the only way to play BF2 so I may pick it up later when they fix that, otherwise i'm not woried about map rotation becualse i only play on 64 player servers.
 
The King of Pants said:
I'll be waiting at this point. I was going to buy it straight away, but then EA let slip that they weren't suporting 64 player action for the new content. 64 players is the only way to play BF2 so I may pick it up later when they fix that, otherwise i'm not woried about map rotation becualse i only play on 64 player servers.

Everyone has their own tastes... Depend on the map I prefer 32 or 64. 16 is quite fun on urban maps though.
 
Sure I will already have BF2 and BF2 SF must well get Euro Force also.


Its only friggen $10 for crying out loud.
 
Booster Packs, the thing that will kill this game.

Say byebye to a lot of players EA :)

Edit : Aahaha, just look at that poll.
 
the gamer said:
Sure I will already have BF2 and BF2 SF must well get Euro Force also.


Its only friggen $10 for crying out loud.

Yeah, and Special Forces is only $29.95 (and I haven't heard glowing reviews about it). Now you add Euro Forces for a total of $39.95. Shit adds up.
 
versello said:
Yeah, and Special Forces is only $29.95 (and I haven't heard glowing reviews about it). Now you add Euro Forces for a total of $39.95. Shit adds up.

You play WoW? Talk about adding up...
 
Interesting results so far. Most of the bf2 players I know are on the fence on this one. Between online only distro, gouging for a whopping 3 maps, and continuous delays/patch changes, I don't think this one will turn out the way they planned. Makes me long for the support that Epic put into Unreal Tournament 2004.
 
WhyYouLoveMe said:
You play WoW? Talk about adding up...

I used to play WoW. Now there's a game worth my hard earned dollars until lvl 60, in my opinion.
 
versello said:
I used to play WoW. Now there's a game worth my hard earned dollars until lvl 60, in my opinion.

BF2 is worth my hard earned dollars, in my opinion.

*phew* Glad we got that worked out... :rolleyes:
 
Zucharn said:
Whatever happened to [H]ardmilitary anyway, the website seems to be down.

Hey Zuch! Long time, no speak. They disbanded shortly after I left the site. (not that I had anything to do with it) They said they were going to "take a break". Dunno if/when they'll be back online... I've seen Sean and Texuspete roaming the forums so I know they still play BF2. I played with TexPete the other night. (he got good! :D )

Look me up on Xfire sometime. (WhyYouLoveMe)
 
Stuff like this used to be free so more people would buy the original title, it rewards the fans and draws a bigger crowd...

Stupid EA.
 
I'm looking forward to this title, I can't waint to get my hands on it. If you like all the other BF's then I don't see why you could not like new tittle that adds to the game and refreshs it :)
 
AlexStenka said:
I'm looking forward to this title, I can't waint to get my hands on it. If you like all the other BF's then I don't see why you could not like new tittle that adds to the game and refreshs it :)
Well i'd be all for it if it actualy did all that...
 
AlexStenka said:
I'm looking forward to this title, I can't waint to get my hands on it. If you like all the other BF's then I don't see why you could not like new tittle that adds to the game and refreshs it :)

i bought SF and regret it so i'm not getting this. If I wanted to spend money every month for new additions/content I would have bought a MMO. Right now it looks like EA is sort of trying to do a monthly fee type of thing by offering new content to buy.
 
im not buying any of the 100 packs they try tp sell me, im just waiting for a good free mod where i dont have to pay for every map they release
 
we are still around..Hardmilitary that is....Only have the IRC channel up now...the forums just werent getting the traffic we had hoped for...

But yeah...we dont play in any leagues...just casual play...just like that other Hard BF2 clan..that I said wouldnt work..seems they cant even get a full game going either...thier official server is never full...

anyways..stop by the IRC channel....we play nightly...

look me up on Xfire also...:HardMilitaryHogan
 
I would have said yes about two weeks ago.

Then PunkBuster decided to spas out and not allow me to play online... and the tech support got stumped and gave up supporting their product. So now, the answer is a no.
 
U got a question bout this.

I know it's an expansion pack w/ maps and guns...

but, is it going to have to load like SF does?

or will it be addons to vanilla bf2 and just be put in map rotation?


you see what I'm getting at? i hate when a server has an SF map in rotation, b/c then the game logs out, shuts down, boots SF, logs in, then loads. i hate that.

i just want to continue gaming...:(
 
DisrupTer911 said:
U got a question bout this.

I know it's an expansion pack w/ maps and guns...

but, is it going to have to load like SF does?

or will it be addons to vanilla bf2 and just be put in map rotation?


you see what I'm getting at? i hate when a server has an SF map in rotation, b/c then the game logs out, shuts down, boots SF, logs in, then loads. i hate that.

i just want to continue gaming...:(

EuroForce is going to be placed into the regular BF2 map rotations. Yep, you guessed it... If you don't have EF and the server does... BOOT. They're going to catch all kinds of flak for this.
 
I love BF2 but after all this soap opera drama lately I'm a little hesitant. I'll wait couple of weeks and see what community has to say about maps and then decide, so for now it's Maybe.
 
Voted No.

I got burned with SF. The performance sucks online and i have just gone back to Vanilla BF2 full time. I imagine EF will bring similar problems.

Jeff
 
playrh8r said:
Voted No.

I got burned with SF. The performance sucks online and i have just gone back to Vanilla BF2 full time. I imagine EF will bring similar problems.

And the night maps are just plain lame. They should re-do all the night maps for daylight and they might actually be fun.
 
I agree with the night maps. I like the concept but I think it was implemented a bit too harshly. I mean... it's freakin' difficult to see with or without the night vision to the point that it isn't fun.
 
WhyYouLoveMe said:
I agree with the night maps. I like the concept but I think it was implemented a bit too harshly. I mean... it's freakin' difficult to see with or without the night vision to the point that it isn't fun.

Yeah it is too bad BF2 doesn't support dynamic light levels adjusted on the server side. I bet we will see this feature in future games...
 
playrh8r said:
Voted No.

I got burned with SF. The performance sucks online and i have just gone back to Vanilla BF2 full time. I imagine EF will bring similar problems.

Jeff

same I purchased SF, and i dont like it. But I do love the orignal bf2 :D
 
J-Mag said:
Yeah it is too bad BF2 doesn't support dynamic light levels adjusted on the server side. I bet we will see this feature in future games...

lol yeah. When im stuck in an area and i cant see i just look away from the screen and just start moving forward hoping to die till i respawn lol :p :D
 
Jasonx82 said:
same I purchased SF, and i dont like it. But I do love the orignal bf2 :D

Warlord is a decent map and hte one with the nuclear missle is fun too, but they all have performance issues.
 
I'll be buying it. All it takes is one good map, imho, to justify $10. Now if all 3 maps suck, I'll be disappointed.
 
yeah it will come down to what maps feel like and I read somewhere that those three maps will concentrate mostly on urban environment so it's a good thing. I'm crossing my fingers now that it'll be something like Karkand (or better) and Peninsula or whatever it's called.
 
another no vote. i could care less for bf2 now. cod2 and cs:s fills the gap for me.
 
Back
Top