I have quite a decision to make here as I can essentially get two NEC PA241W monitors for the cost of a single Eizo CG243W - this would save me about $2,000 since I was planning on getting a second monitor anyways. I haven't had much luck with NEC but because of their congeniality and willingness to work with me, I am absolutely considering them right now.
Also, if I purchased the Eizo I would need to get a colorimeter. With one of the NECs, you get the newly bundled i1 Display Pro customized for NEC monitors.
My question simply put is which monitor is better? If you want to consider specifics, here is what mostly concerns me:
Input Lag
Black Levels
Contrast
Quality of Build
Quality of Picture
I literally want the BEST monitor that I can currently get right now. Essentially it's down to these two and I honestly can't decide.
I was told by an Eizo representative that they pick the top 10% of their panels while NEC will take any of the panels as long as they don't pose any problems.
I was also told that one deciding factor of the Eizo over the NEC was something to do with their internal hardware. I was a bit confused but something about how they have some internal hardware which helps to balance colors and black levels on the screen - I'm not sure. Is this true? Is the Eizo really a better monitor (with just a premium price) or was that just a sales pitch I heard?
Thanks.
Also, if I purchased the Eizo I would need to get a colorimeter. With one of the NECs, you get the newly bundled i1 Display Pro customized for NEC monitors.
My question simply put is which monitor is better? If you want to consider specifics, here is what mostly concerns me:
Input Lag
Black Levels
Contrast
Quality of Build
Quality of Picture
I literally want the BEST monitor that I can currently get right now. Essentially it's down to these two and I honestly can't decide.
I was told by an Eizo representative that they pick the top 10% of their panels while NEC will take any of the panels as long as they don't pose any problems.
I was also told that one deciding factor of the Eizo over the NEC was something to do with their internal hardware. I was a bit confused but something about how they have some internal hardware which helps to balance colors and black levels on the screen - I'm not sure. Is this true? Is the Eizo really a better monitor (with just a premium price) or was that just a sales pitch I heard?
Thanks.