Bethesda Wants to Save Single-Player Gaming

I'm old school so I don't really care what you guys say ( but I probably should ) but all of the comments about Lynda Carter that I'm reading on this tread ... "I would hit that" ... "would do" ... etc etc .... this is the sexual harassment attitude that men openly display toward women that has women speaking out on on.

I can't tell anyone what to say or do but I think I would be very very careful with anything you say on the internet. Some of you might be Doctors, Law Enforcement, White Collar whatever, Politics in the future .... these are the kind of comments that get you into deep shit in the current social climate that I doubt is going to change anytime soon if ever.

I'm old school so I don't really care what you guys say ( but I probably should ) but all of the comments about Lynda Carter that I'm reading on this tread ... "I would hit that" ... "would do" ... etc etc .... this is the sexual harassment attitude that men openly display toward women that has women speaking out on on.

I can't tell anyone what to say or do but I think I would be very very careful with anything you say on the internet. Some of you might be Doctors, Law Enforcement, White Collar whatever, Politics in the future .... these are the kind of comments that get you into deep shit in the current social climate that I doubt is going to change anytime soon if ever.
I7Hymis.gif

Most games still are SP so don't get the complaint. I like both MP and SP and is why I have Elder Scrolls Online and Skyrim.

No thanks. 80 hours is to damn long. I lose interest before beating games that long nowadays. It boggles my mind how people can put 100s of not 1000s of hours in shitty games like Skyrim.

Shitty is pretty subjective.

Really depends on the single player game. An 80 hour Wolfenstein game would be to long, the game play as a whole is too repetitive. While a 20 hour RPGesque game like Skyrim Fo4, or arguably the more recent Far Cry games would frankly feel like a rip off.

I do not think The Witcher 3 would have had such good reviews had it been less than 20 hours for an average play through.

Yeah, triple AAA single player is tough these days, luckily there are some great games on steam if you can find them.

My list from the last year (their not all 10s but many are)
The Divinity Original Sin series.
Wolfenstein
Watch Dogs 2
XCom 2
Noih
Hand of Fate 1 + 2
Northgard
Shadow Warrior
Sniper Elite 4
RimWorld
Subnautica
Dragons Dogma
Dues Ex (the new series)
Witcher series
Just Cause (2 was my favorite)
Mass Effect (even Andromeda is worth a go, story is weak but pew pew)
Dragon Age Series (skip 2 if your like me)

There are more but I think I'll stop there, my point is there is a good library of single player games, usually 2+ a year. If it where up to me everything would be single player with coop multiplayer 2-4, can't really stand the massive multiplayer games.

I have a coop addon for the original FarCry; it makes it a lot more fun against the trigens.

There weren't a lot of maps that supported it tho; it would have been awesome to do the entire SP as coop.

The original Wonder Woman. You mean Cathy Lee Crosby, right? (horrible 1967 pilot not withstanding)
Seriously though. Not hard to understand why Lynda out shadows previous incarnations.

Single player FPS does need a serious shot in the ass. As for recent games. Just started Prey (2017). Has been OK thus far.
Doom has plenty of fast paced action, yet lack anything cerebral. Arcade mode saved it for me. Bethesda sure dropped the ball on MP with that one.

laughing-gifs-jonah-jameson.gif

Except that only works if you have something to say about someone's future, their job performance, their profession, etc.

Some stray dog admitting they find some women they are never likely to meet attractive. And the only connection is that she's in a commercial or advertisement. Yea man, that ain't going to fly.

Now if you are saying that if this is a man's general attitude toward women in general, that it's a bad practice to get into, maybe I see your point, but it only stretches so far.

All laughing .mp4 files aside, Lynda Carter remains an attractive and classy girl. If some men are a little crude about how they express it, well it's up to Linda to decide if it bothers her or not.

Bethesda released a fun YouTube video yesterday that stars Lynda Carter, the original Wonder Woman, and she makes an appeal to save the single-player gaming genre. I'm fully onboard with this kind of initiative because multi-player is getting old and repetitive. You'll have to sign into your Google account to watch the ad below.

Watch the video here.

While I agree with the sentiment, Bethesda is hardly the champion of single player gaming in my opinion. I've never liked their style.

Except that only works if you have something to say about someone's future, their job performance, their profession, etc.

Some stray dog admitting they find some women they are never likely to meet attractive. And the only connection is that she's in a commercial or advertisement. Yea man, that ain't going to fly.

Now if you are saying that if this is a man's general attitude toward women in general, that it's a bad practice to get into, maybe I see your point, but it only stretches so far.

All laughing .mp4 files aside, Lynda Carter remains an attractive and classy girl. If some men are a little crude about how they express it, well it's up to Linda to decide if it bothers her or not.

Truth. Saying you'd hit a really hot celebrity that you'll never meet and wouldn't touch you with a barge pole if you did, ain't sexual harassment.

Stopped multi player online game's ages ago not fun you always have a few bad apples who spoil it

I stopped once all my friends grew up, got jobs, got mortgages, had kids and had no time left to play multiplayer games. Actually I'm describing myself as well...

Doom 2016 and Cuphead have been my most favorite games in recent memory because they are light on the story and heavy on solid gameplay.

I too think multiplayer gaming is hitting a plateau. There’s nothing new and it’s the same thing over and over with a slightly less duller coat of paint each time.

This is why I think VR is ripe for the picking: get solid single player games in VR and it’ll be an even bigger hit. Though there is something to be said about social VR like RecRoom.

sigh... :meh:

Sounds like you just did.

Competitive multiplayer has too many cheaters and non competitive has too many sociopaths.

And yeah, how horrible of people to make crass statements of admiration, I guess they are supposed to be like those non westerners, that cover women up, and assault them if they don't obey or marry them off to men while they are still children.

As candy crush and angry birds indicate, it doesn't need to be complicated, as long as it's fun to play. The only multiplayer game I regularly play is chess; and nothing could be simpler or have less bling. And it taxes the mind like nothing else; nothing leaves me more exhausted than spending a day sitting in a chair, barely moving, playing against an equal opponent.

I'm on board with the message and sorry for this, but man...Linda's nearing Uncanny Valley with all of that Botox...like one face for every emotion...very Fallout...

You know who is bullying and harassing? The people who set out on social media to ruin anyone's life because they made a comment x years ago that they somehow found not to be PC enough. They're the ones you should be up in arms about. Writing a comment on the internet, is not sexual harassment. It could be if the comment was addressed to the person directly, but it's not. Imagine two people speaking about a third who is not present and a judge would convict them of sexual harassment of the third person who possibly wasn't even on the same continent. Utterly ridiculous. This is nothing but thought police, and it's detrimental to societal health. Do you know what happens if people are forced to repress their feelings? Yes it starts to build up as internal rage and frustration. So I'd be more worried if people stopped making those comments, because that would mean they're expressing their feelings otherwise. (for the challenged: out there raping and murdering in secret)

Geez, I don't know how she kept a straight face through this farce of an ad. Oh, you could see it at the end when she started that fake crying, realziing that "Oh they are throwing bags of money at me for this, what's my line now?"

I agree single player gaming or SPG, has to make a comeback, but ads like this won't win me over.

Sorry Lynda/Wonderful Woman

Linda is still very pretty!!!
The only online game I've played lately is PvZ Garden Warfare. Everyone plays in a "free for all' fashion for the most part, and no one uses chat, so it's "almost" like a single player game compared to MMOs. I enjoy the first game better than the second.

Dear Bethesda, Hi It's me DukenukemX. Please port your single player games to Linux. Kthx bye.

Dear Bethesda, Hi It's me DukenukemX. Please port your single player games to Linux. Kthx bye.

DukenukemX,
We were literally JUST SAYING in a meeting that we were looking for a way to sell another 48 units of Skyrim. Thank you for your suggestion, we will get right to work on this.

Warm regards,
Bethesda

Lynda Carter is one hell of a classy lady, and a sexy woman too. There's nothing sexist about that whatsoever, and I have no shame in saying it. She's a goddamn feminist icon ffs. Stupid sensitive jerks.

Last edited:
DukenukemX,
We were literally JUST SAYING in a meeting that we were looking for a way to sell another 48 units of Skyrim. Thank you for your suggestion, we will get right to work on this.

Warm regards,
Bethesda
I told Todd Howard that I've already bought Skyrim twice ok. That's enough please, just make it work on Linux.
todd-howard-deciding-what-to-show-at-e3-2017-the-25732900.png

Montu, U hit a grand slam with that video ... excellent

for the record, I only play single player. Tried multi-player and got bored having to re-spawn every 20 seconds because someone else lives closer to the games server, others using cheats (man, must be sad when you're gold star in life is winning at MP by cheating) or just not very good at super high paced often blurry from rapid mouse movements type of gaming

Last edited:
Back