Best Value GPU for New System

GreatestOne

Limp Gawd
So after 10 years, yes a decade I am finally up for a new system.

These are the current components I got ordered:

• Intel Core i7-12700K + MSI Pro Z690-A WiFi ATX Mobo + 32GB Corsair DDR5-6000 RAM ($425)
  • 4TB Acer Predator GM7000 NVMe PCIe Gen4 Gaming Solid State Drive SSD ($252)
and planning on getting
  • Corsair RM850e (2023) Fully Modular Low-Noise ATX PSU - 80 Plus Gold Efficiency ($115)
And case is still up in the air, not too worried about that since I am not liquid cooling.

So for the most important part now, my priorities in order:
  1. Photoshop work (with AI stuff in it)
  2. Premiere work (ready for 4k videos)
  3. Any other AI related work
  4. Gaming (if I can run near max for like 2K resolution I am sure I'll be happy... I wont be getting any 4K display soon and I am honestly still trying to finish COD4 and MW2, dont laugh)
  5. May not be GPU related but, being able to have 200-300 browser tabs open, many of them might be Youtube windows (I do lots of things at the same time, cant change this any time soon)
So from my research despite wanting to keep the price tag UNDER $500, (really under $400 but anyways) seems like the top choices are (definitely seems like green team bec of productivity and AI, do you agree):
  1. RTX 3080 12GB / RTX 3080 (someone I should definitely get above 8GB, true?)
  2. RTX 3070 Ti (but all of these I think are 8GB)
  3. RTX 3060 Ti (older tech, not sure trying to save this money is worth it)
  4. RTX 4060 Ti (seems like better price point but... ?)

Any advice to make my choice easier is appreciated!

Congrats on the awesome system, very similar to mine! You will be able to open 200-300 tabs no problem. For any work regarding video or AI does need graphics memory if it's being leveraged.

While I am not necessarily a AMD fan for graphics, to me within your price range would be a radeon 6800xt 16gig card. Solid performing for what it is and holds 16gigs of vram, something you will appreciate.
https://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/amd-radeon-rx-6800-xt-review,13.html

It will be balanced by Adobe usually having better Intel-Nvidia gpu support, you can consult puget system (they specialized in testing and building pc for specific pro application of the sorts):
https://www.pugetsystems.com/soluti.../adobe-premiere-pro/hardware-recommendations/
Series-vs-30-Series-vs-AMD-Radeon-RX-Overall-Score.png
-30-Series-vs-AMD-Radeon-RX-H264-GPU-Effects-Score.png

For a lot of things a simple 3060 12GB will be a much better choice than much stronger AMD alternative (and could be considered over the 8-10gb stronger alternative), they recommend 6gb of VRAM if you work on 4k video, 12 for 8k and more and they strongly recommand Nvidia.

For photoshop, gpu often does not matter much, if you have multiple 4k monitors at the same time going to an 6gb+ card could be worth it:
https://www.pugetsystems.com/soluti...ons/adobe-photoshop/hardware-recommendations/

The difference between a 3060 and a 3090 can be small:
https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Adobe-Photoshop---AMD-Radeon-RX-6900-XT-Performance-2028/

I am not sure about the generative AI part for adobe, but I doubt betting on Nvidia would be a mistake:
https://nvidianews.nvidia.com/news/adobe-and-nvidia-partner-to-unlock-the-power-of-generative-ai

if you need 16gb type of vram for your workload, AMD would be the much simpler-cheaper option right now (you can sli-nvlink 2070-2080 for some tasks or pay a $600-$750 for some used 3090 if you are lucky Quadro P6000 with 24gb sometime go for very low sometime)

Thanks guys for the great info!

So I agree the AMD is a better price value, but I have heard from many that nVidia is the way to go for Adobe and AI stuff, and AMD is better for gaming... so as Luke said, AND also with the launch of the 4060, seems like the 3060 price is dropping, these deals are happening more and more, just thinking about getting this and not even waiting until the actual 4060 launch, and getting this PNY GeForce RTX 3060 12GB Verto Dual Fan at $280... just hoping that dual fan is ok compared to mostly 3 fans that these class of cards have?

And I think the 6800XT 16GB is actually out of my price range, seems like minimum over $550.

Also I heard that the 4060 might not even be that much faster so I think the only reason to wait is to save a few extra bucks, but I think right now this is still a pretty good deal at $280?

Then I can just get my case and PSU and be done with it.

FYI there is this, a better "value" but again seems to fall behind nVidia in AI + ray tracing (which may not mean much to me but just saying).
ASRock Radeon RX 6700 XT 12gb + Resident Evil 4 Bundle $310

Should I still just go for the 3060 12GB?

Congrats on the awesome system, very similar to mine! You will be able to open 200-300 tabs no problem. For any work regarding video or AI does need graphics memory if it's being leveraged.

While I am not necessarily a AMD fan for graphics, to me within your price range would be a radeon 6800xt 16gig card. Solid performing for what it is and holds 16gigs of vram, something you will appreciate.
https://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/amd-radeon-rx-6800-xt-review,13.html

It will be balanced by Adobe usually having better Intel-Nvidia gpu support, you can consult puget system (they specialized in testing and building pc for specific pro application of the sorts):
https://www.pugetsystems.com/soluti.../adobe-premiere-pro/hardware-recommendations/

For a lot of things a simple 3060 12GB will be a much better choice than much stronger AMD alternative (and could be considered over the 8-10gb stronger alternative), they recommend 6gb of VRAM if you work on 4k video, 12 for 8k and more and they strongly recommand Nvidia.

For photoshop, gpu often does not matter much, if you have multiple 4k monitors at the same time going to an 6gb+ card could be worth it:
https://www.pugetsystems.com/soluti...ons/adobe-photoshop/hardware-recommendations/

https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Adobe-Photoshop---AMD-Radeon-RX-6900-XT-Performance-2028/

I am not sure about the generative AI part for adobe, but I doubt betting on Nvidia would be a mistake:
https://nvidianews.nvidia.com/news/adobe-and-nvidia-partner-to-unlock-the-power-of-generative-ai

if you need 16gb type of vram for your workload, AMD would be the much simpler-cheaper option right now (you can sli-nvlink 2070-2080 for some tasks or pay a $600-$750 for some used 3090 if you are lucky Quadro P6000 with 24gb sometime go for very low sometime)

Thanks guys for the great info!

So I agree the AMD is a better price value, but I have heard from many that nVidia is the way to go for Adobe and AI stuff, and AMD is better for gaming... so as Luke said, AND also with the launch of the 4060, seems like the 3060 price is dropping, these deals are happening more and more, just thinking about getting this and not even waiting until the actual 4060 launch, and getting this PNY GeForce RTX 3060 12GB Verto Dual Fan at $280... just hoping that dual fan is ok compared to mostly 3 fans that these class of cards have?

And I think the 6800XT 16GB is actually out of my price range, seems like minimum over $550.

Also I heard that the 4060 might not even be that much faster so I think the only reason to wait is to save a few extra bucks, but I think right now this is still a pretty good deal at $280?

Then I can just get my case and PSU and be done with it.

FYI there is this, a better "value" but again seems to fall behind nVidia in AI + ray tracing (which may not mean much to me but just saying).
ASRock Radeon RX 6700 XT 12gb + Resident Evil 4 Bundle $310

Should I still just go for the 3060 12GB?
***Clears throat*** You can always buy used, lol little self promotion for the FS page.

View attachment 577522View attachment 577523

Wicked post! Looks like a 3060 12GB would be best bang for the buck! Darn inflated GPU prices!

Wicked post! Looks like a 3060 12GB would be best bang for the buck! Darn inflated GPU prices!
Yep. Stay away from EVGA XC cards. :) I would look for a used card anyway - depending on where you are - the 30 series is priced really expensive for being 3 year old cards? I would look for a used 3080 - 12gb - either Asus or MSI Trio - or if they're too expensive there - I'd look for the same brand/model but the used 3060 ones - so, 3 fan.

So I am def still considering that 3060 but now you are tempting me with a used 3080... I see some 12GB on ebay for about $500-$600 in the last month or so... there are some 10GB for around $400 but not sure if those are that inferior to the 12GB? I mean 20% difference?

IMO I feel like that price point is too high for a used card where I have zero clue what the guy before did with it (OC, dust/overheat, smoker, germs LOL, etc), I am a little OCD with my electronics, and for all this again IMO the 3080 cannot be that much superior to the 3060 for me... maybe I'll have to wait another few seconds here and there for stuff but 90+% of the time I dont think I will see a blatant difference and got the peace of mind of a brand new with warranty item.

Am I correct you think?

***Clears throat*** You can always buy used, lol little self promotion for the FS page.

Yep. Stay away from EVGA XC cards. :) I would look for a used card anyway - depending on where you are - the 30 series is priced really expensive for being 3 year old cards? I would look for a used 3080 - 12gb - either Asus or MSI Trio - or if they're too expensive there - I'd look for the same brand/model but the used 3060 ones - so, 3 fan.

3060 12gb @ $280 would be perfect for you. :) I wouldn't worry about 2 vs 3 fans at all, they aren't high wattage cards needing heaps of cooling.

So after 10 years, yes a decade I am finally up for a new system.

These are the current components I got ordered:

• Intel Core i7-12700K + MSI Pro Z690-A WiFi ATX Mobo + 32GB Corsair DDR5-6000 RAM ($425)
  • 4TB Acer Predator GM7000 NVMe PCIe Gen4 Gaming Solid State Drive SSD ($252)
and planning on getting
  • Corsair RM850e (2023) Fully Modular Low-Noise ATX PSU - 80 Plus Gold Efficiency ($115)
And case is still up in the air, not too worried about that since I am not liquid cooling.

So for the most important part now, my priorities in order:
  1. Photoshop work (with AI stuff in it)
  2. Premiere work (ready for 4k videos)
  3. Any other AI related work
  4. Gaming (if I can run near max for like 2K resolution I am sure I'll be happy... I wont be getting any 4K display soon and I am honestly still trying to finish COD4 and MW2, dont laugh)
  5. May not be GPU related but, being able to have 200-300 browser tabs open, many of them might be Youtube windows (I do lots of things at the same time, cant change this any time soon)
So from my research despite wanting to keep the price tag UNDER $500, (really under $400 but anyways) seems like the top choices are (definitely seems like green team bec of productivity and AI, do you agree):
  1. RTX 3080 12GB / RTX 3080 (someone I should definitely get above 8GB, true?)
  2. RTX 3070 Ti (but all of these I think are 8GB)
  3. RTX 3060 Ti (older tech, not sure trying to save this money is worth it)
  4. RTX 4060 Ti (seems like better price point but... ?)

Any advice to make my choice easier is appreciated!
I am 2 yr + into a 3080 and it runs all my games at max setting without DLSS at 1440p lack of memory is not an issue.

RT is a total hype do not need it, visual diff are min on cyberpunk with the new RT tech demo.

Atomic Heart another RT failure to launch.

I have the 12700K too.

Ok ya then thats great to know, so I think that is overkill for me... I wont be playing any games from the last 8 years anytime soon so as long as I can run my Adobe software fairly quickly, I will be fine... I'll be able to finish my COD4 and MW2 at max settings LMAO and even that might take until next year. $300 more to get a used card, I'l just upgrade the card next year if I really find the need.

Is this model ok for $280, PNY?

PNY GeForce RTX 3060 12GB Verto Dual Fan​

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BC1GWMQX

Because there is also for slightly more (prices coming down everywhere):

$280
MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 3060 12GB 15 Gbps GDRR6 192-Bit HDMI/DP PCIe 4 Torx Twin Fan Ampere OC (Ventus 2X 12G OC)

$290
GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 3060 Eagle OC 12G (REV2.0), 2X WINDFORCE Fans, 12GB 192-bit GDDR6, GV-N3060EAGLE OC-12GD
Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 WINDFORCE OC 12G, 2X WINDFORCE Fans, 12GB 192-bit GDDR6, GV-N3060WF2OC-12GD
ZOTAC Gaming GeForce RTX 3060 Twin Edge OC 12GB GDDR6 192-bit 15 Gbps PCIE 4.0, IceStorm 2.0 Cooling, Active Fan Control, Freeze Fan Stop ZT-A30600H-10M

$300
ASUS Dual NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 V2 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6 (PCIe 4.0, 12GB GDDR6 Memory, HDMI 2.1, DisplayPort 1.4a, 2-Slot, Axial-tech Fan Design, 0dB Technology)
PNY GeForce RTX 3060 12GB XLR8 Gaming Revel Epic-X RGB Dual Fan

Thanks guys!

I am 2 yr + into a 3080 and it runs all my games at max setting without DLSS at 1440p lack of memory is not an issue.

RT is a total hype do not need it, visual diff are min on cyberpunk with the new RT tech demo.

Atomic Heart another RT failure to launch.

I have the 12700K too.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
So I am def still considering that 3060 but now you are tempting me with a used 3080... I see some 12GB on ebay for about $500-$600 in the last month or so... there are some 10GB for around $400 but not sure if those are that inferior to the 12GB? I mean 20% difference?

IMO I feel like that price point is too high for a used card where I have zero clue what the guy before did with it (OC, dust/overheat, smoker, germs LOL, etc), I am a little OCD with my electronics, and for all this again IMO the 3080 cannot be that much superior to the 3060 for me... maybe I'll have to wait another few seconds here and there for stuff but 90+% of the time I dont think I will see a blatant difference and got the peace of mind of a brand new with warranty item.

Am I correct you think?
It depends how fast you want the card to perform - Luke posted a benchmark with the 3060 and 3080 cards tested - the 3060 is near the bottom but still a good card - the 3080 is in the middle of the pack. But, with video editing software - it can matter how much Vram you have - it depends what you do. If you go with a used 3080 - only look at 12gb. You are right, that there is a concern of what was done with it - miners, overclockers etc. - that's why you have to be careful and get an impression of the seller - also, which card it is matters - for e.g., I got an Asus 3080 Tuf - it has a good cooler and I bought it from a kid - I thought he seemed ok. Some sellers will invite you to see it working in their computer - that way you can check out the temps and (any) noise. I would avoid ebay cards, I think. A 3080 12gb is a big performance increase over a 3060 12gb but it depends on how much more $$ it is - these are older cards now - but, I would still look at the used market for a good deal. If you find a seller who insists it wasn't used in mining and even better, you can examine it in a system - you could potentially find a good deal.
Beware ppl selling multiple cards - they're probably selling cards that they mined with - I wouldn't trust that they just so happened to have multiple cards.
Also, I would avoid Gigabyte cards, EVGA XC cards (really loud - had one).... I would look for a used MSI Trio or ASUS Tuf 3060 or 3080 - use common sense and good judgement - some sellers are trustworthy and others aren't (obviously).
If you have to buy new - a 3060 might be the only choice? I dunno how much 3080s are going for in your area/locale but most are overpriced - sold by 3rd sellers.

Edit: The PNY is probably okay - I don't know much about it. Maybe, also consider the Asus Tuf 3060 12gb - sold by Amazon.com - $309 USD - it's a 3-fan model so you would want a support bracket too. I think the 3060 cards run a bit hot - so, I think it's good to have 3-fan cards - although, maybe ask some ppl who own 2-fan 3060s - I only know how my EVGA card performed. :)

Last edited:
Ya exactly... I listed some prices above and they are min I think over $550 or so... talking double the price....

And honestly, I think ANY person selling a video card online, is no average user.... NO ONE who is a "normal" user buys a system with like a 3080 in it, and decides to sell just the GPU... I would say 90%+ anyone who is selling a performance GPU has used it much more rigorously than what I would like for a card with no warranty.

Ok in that case I guess I will try to select between these two, any preference on your part here? Seems they are both stock overclocked

$280
MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 3060 12GB 15 Gbps GDRR6 192-Bit HDMI/DP PCIe 4 Torx Twin Fan Ampere OC (Ventus 2X 12G OC)

$300
ASUS Dual NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 V2 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6 (PCIe 4.0, 12GB GDDR6 Memory, HDMI 2.1, DisplayPort 1.4a, 2-Slot, Axial-tech Fan Design, 0dB Technology)

It depends how fast you want the card to perform - Luke posted a benchmark with the 3060 and 3080 cards tested - the 3060 is near the bottom but still a good card - the 3080 is in the middle of the pack. But, with video editing software - it can matter how much Vram you have - it depends what you do. If you go with a used 3080 - only look at 12gb. You are right, that there is a concern of what was done with it - miners, overclockers etc. - that's why you have to be careful and get an impression of the seller - also, which card it is matters - for e.g., I got an Asus 3080 Tuf - it has a good cooler and I bought it from a kid - I thought he seemed ok. Some sellers will invite you to see it working in their computer - that way you can check out the temps and (any) noise. I would avoid ebay cards, I think. A 3080 12gb is a big performance increase over a 3060 12gb but it depends on how much more $$ it is - these are older cards now - but, I would still look at the used market for a good deal. If you find a seller who insists it wasn't used in mining and even better, you can examine it in a system - you could potentially find a good deal.
Beware ppl selling multiple cards - they're probably selling cards that they mined with - I wouldn't trust that they just so happened to have multiple cards.
Also, I would avoid Gigabyte cards, EVGA XC cards (really loud - had one).... I would look for a used MSI Trio or ASUS Tuf 3060 or 3080 - use common sense and good judgement - some sellers are trustworthy and others aren't (obviously).
If you have to buy new - a 3060 might be the only choice? I dunno how much 3080s are going for in your area/locale but most are overpriced - sold by 3rd sellers.

Edit: The PNY is probably okay - I don't know much about it. Maybe, also consider the Asus Tuf 3060 12gb - sold by Amazon.com - $309 USD - it's a 3-fan model so you would want a support bracket too. I think the 3060 cards run a bit hot - so, I think it's good to have 3-fan cards - although, maybe ask some ppl who own 2-fan 3060s - I only know how my EVGA card performed. :)

Ya exactly... I listed some prices above and they are min I think over $550 or so... talking double the price....

And honestly, I think ANY person selling a video card online, is no average user.... NO ONE who is a "normal" user buys a system with like a 3080 in it, and decides to sell just the GPU... I would say 90%+ anyone who is selling a performance GPU has used it much more rigorously than what I would like for a card with no warranty.

Ok in that case I guess I will try to select between these two, any preference on your part here? Seems they are both stock overclocked

$280

$300
Both look okay to me and should be good cards. My brother bought the Asus Dual card - but this was at the crypto phase when it was very difficult to find any card, but especially - Nvidia - in stock. I still prefer 3 fan cards, though - easier to cool.

You didn't like this one?:

ASUS TUF Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 V2 OC Edition Graphics Card

https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-Graphic...87167300&sprefix=asus+3060+tuf,aps,192&sr=8-1

It was slightly more expensive and heard from some that 2 fan was not an issue (i wont be oc anything) so thats why... you think its still a better value with the 3 fans? if its worth it then I dont mind paying that. I've had my current GPU running strong for 10 years so... I know cooling is important.

Both look okay to me and should be good cards. My brother bought the Asus Dual card - but this was at the crypto phase when it was very difficult to find any card, but especially - Nvidia - in stock. I still prefer 3 fan cards, though - easier to cool.

You didn't like this one?:

ASUS TUF Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 V2 OC Edition Graphics Card

https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-Graphics-DisplayPort-Military-Grade-Certification/dp/B0985VND1G/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3JK63WGTBKKDY&keywords=asus+3060+tuf&qid=1687167300&sprefix=asus+3060+tuf,aps,192&sr=8-1

Also I dont really want to wait, I just ordered this PSU
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PZR9JLT/

and ready to get a case, so I want to get this thing built already, but I keep hearing the rumors about the 4060 coming out, should that even be on my radar?

New build, Nvidia, you're looking at a 40 series. I personally would shoot above 4060 Ti if you're able. Welcome to Nvidia.

"The more you pay, the more you save."

Btw, I may have answered differently is this was some 3 year old system.

Do any 4060 Ti come in 12GB or more? Looks like all are 8GB.... I thought getting above 12GB was a necessity today

New build, Nvidia, you're looking at a 40 series. I personally would shoot above 4060 Ti if you're able. Welcome to Nvidia.

Last edited:
Do any 4069 Ti come in 12GB or more? Looks like all are 8GB.... I thought getting above 12GB was a necessity today
There are highly unoptimized games coming out where it can make a difference, but no, there's no plans by game manufacturers to nuke their profit. So expect even those few things to "get better". Remember the vast majority of gamers are using (comparatively) a potato discrete GPU.

My "differently" would have been to suggest a 30 series card, like a 3070 or above. The 4060 Ti is "ok", but high priced. But since we're talking going "nvidia" here.... for something new, I'd say go for new (40 series).

Of course, performance wise I'd strive for 4070 over the 4060 Ti just because it's a huge leap. Depends on how rich you are (but honestly, you lost me when you said "nvidia", that is "who cares" when it comes to price).

With a "new" system, I think it's warranted to shoot as high as possible. Remember, if you just think about rasterization, an old 1080 Ti still competes really well. But, again, I'd go "new" with "new".... just painful to recommend the lackluster 4060 Ti. But again, team green, and money is green, so open wallet and go... go.. go...

"Welcome to Nvidia?" Yeah, that's the problem - there isn't much choice. AMD - 'Welcome to AMD - all you can do is game - so if that is what you do 24/7, we have you covered!'

Look at the OP's use case. The only choice is a Nvidia card. Thanks, AMD - thanks for helping everyone!!!!! Gamers love you. Keep charging those exorbitant prices - a hair under Nvidia's. *Slow clap*

"Welcome to Nvidia?" Yeah, that's the problem - there isn't much choice. AMD - 'Welcome to AMD - all you can do is game - so if that is what you do 24/7, we have you covered!'

Look at the OP's use case. The only choice is a Nvidia card. Thanks, AMD - thanks for helping everyone!!!!! Gamers love you. Keep charging those exorbitant prices - a hair under Nvidia's. *Slow clap*
It is depressing that AMD, "to compete", raised their prices. But, as mentioned, like Nvidia, AMD is competing against itself.

You didn't hear my 2-fan EVGA XC.

Meaning it was working way too hard?
Were you gaming then on max everything or.... when was the fan loudest for you?

But most of my listings above were 3 fans so I dont feel thats an issue, they are all within the price points anyways so all good

It is depressing that AMD, "to compete", raised their prices. But, as mentioned, like Nvidia, AMD is competing against itself.

I have nothing against AMD, I used their cards a lot when I was mining DOGE like 10 years ago... but right now ya its just about my priorities...

What is AMD's problem, are they in this "We dont know who we are" stage again? They are the obvious choice for gamers but otherwise........

I have nothing against AMD, I used their cards a lot when I was mining DOGE like 10 years ago... but right now ya its just about my priorities...

What is AMD's problem, are they in this "We dont know who we are" stage again? They are the obvious choice for gamers but otherwise........
In all fairness, at first (40 series, 79** launch), I think they did play the "gamers" angle. And for many (like here), probably that's still "good enough". Even most content creation and streaming... ok either way.

But on the new AI side and RT and AI frame generation and upscaling (and maybe especially the latter), the idea of "true output" which used to be "true gamer" thing, has now become "who cares" and upscaling a 2x2 image to 4K is now "ok" as long as the AI does it in a way that doesn't depress me. And I think Nvidia has a huge leap over AMD in that space today (fsr may be "ok", but frame generation?). With that said, 1080p... pretty much not applicable. Ditto for other things like AI texture "compression" (so my Nvidia 8G is better than an AMD 12G, etc...). That one is more painful as any of the AI stuff right now can cause certain latencies, at some point, it may put off competitive online "battle" type players. And of course, we're all aware of the RT advantage today (though less of an issue in some cases than it once was).

4K? Well, I suppose. I mean at very large screen sizes, it can matter, but gaming wise, pushing my field of vision to my periphery probably just means "I'm dead" (should be on the box). Some would argue just put your big ole monitor farther away, which makes it 24-27" effectively (sigh). But I suppose...

And of course, stats don't lie. The lion share of the most active gamers out there are 1080p running on... "crap". So, there's that.

IMHO, card producers should be targeting volume and cutting prices to foster that until a "revolution" that necessitates mass change. But, I don't have a leather jacket.

I think I am deciding on this one, the only one I could find easily right now for under $300, seems like prices have jacked up the last couple of weeks, weird....

https://www.amazon.com/MSI-RTX-3060-OC-12G/dp/B08WTFG5BX

Please let me know if there is anything WRONG with this card that I dont know, or else it'll be it and I can get on with it!

If this one checks all your boxes I’m sure it will be fine. Amazon returns are easy if doesn’t cut it for some unforeseen reason.

Personal note.
I have a 2 fan PNY 3060 12g I got used in my itx pc and it works great. Lately I’ve used it for HTPC duties and some couch gaming. Diablo 4 can do 4K 60fps with dlss and NMS at 1440p high and max textures no probs.

The 3060 12GB would serve you fine for professional work needing VRAM, but I think you'd be better off seeing if there are any used 3080 12GB's that fit in your budget for those times you do want to game 1440p with anything newer. You might spot a 3080 Ti even which is also 12GB.

Difference between the 10GB 3080 and the 12GB 3080 is about 3% more shaders in the 12GB and then obviously the 2 additional GB of VRAM which in turn also gives you a higher memory bus width. In practicality, for gaming performance though, not much of a difference and the biggest point of comparison is really just the 10 vs 12GB for those that need the additional VRAM.

But honestly, even if you don't spot any 3080 12GB's in budget, the 3060 is roughly equivalent performance to a 1080 Ti, plus has the added use of DLSS (for games that support it), so its not a bad way to go either.

Thank guys, as mentioned before, for playing COD from 2015 and not playing much games these days anyways, and not being a fan of used vid cards and guess if the guy is telling the truth or not with no warranty, I think 3060 12GB is final decision, which would be the easiest upgrade later if need be.

So no preference fro you guys on brand? I want to make sure I dont get one that has been proven to be a lemon in the past, reliability is important in situation now because of lack of time.

These are the only 2 now under $300 on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/GIGABYTE-REV2-0-WINDFORCE-GV-N3060GAMING-OC-12GD/dp/B0971BG25M

Someone told me somewhere that Gigabyte was no good?

The 3060 12GB would serve you fine for professional work needing VRAM, but I think you'd be better off seeing if there are any used 3080 12GB's that fit in your budget for those times you do want to game 1440p with anything newer. You might spot a 3080 Ti even which is also 12GB.

Difference between the 10GB 3080 and the 12GB 3080 is about 3% more shaders in the 12GB and then obviously the 2 additional GB of VRAM which in turn also gives you a higher memory bus width. In practicality, for gaming performance though, not much of a difference and the biggest point of comparison is really just the 10 vs 12GB for those that need the additional VRAM.

But honestly, even if you don't spot any 3080 12GB's in budget, the 3060 is roughly equivalent performance to a 1080 Ti, plus has the added use of DLSS (for games that support it), so its not a bad way to go either.
If this one checks all your boxes I’m sure it will be fine. Amazon returns are easy if doesn’t cut it for some unforeseen reason.

Personal note.
I have a 2 fan PNY 3060 12g I got used in my itx pc and it works great. Lately I’ve used it for HTPC duties and some couch gaming. Diablo 4 can do 4K 60fps with dlss and NMS at 1440p high and max textures no probs.

Thank guys, as mentioned before, for playing COD from 2015 and not playing much games these days anyways, and not being a fan of used vid cards and guess if the guy is telling the truth or not with no warranty, I think 3060 12GB is final decision, which would be the easiest upgrade later if need be.

So no preference fro you guys on brand? I want to make sure I dont get one that has been proven to be a lemon in the past, reliability is important in situation now because of lack of time.

These are the only 2 now under $300 on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/GIGABYTE-REV2-0-WINDFORCE-GV-N3060GAMING-OC-12GD/dp/B0971BG25M

Someone told me somewhere that Gigabyte was no good?
Those are both sort of the entry level brands for each respective brands. Looks like the Gigabyte boosts slightly higher stock per the specs. My wife's PC came with a Ventus 3x 3070 Ti and she has been happy with it. No experience with the Gigabyte, though I believe they have been somewhat in the news the past couple of gens for quality concerns (aluminum waterblocks on their 30-series waterforce cards corroding, and cracking 40-series PCBs), so personally I am more wary of Gigabyte, but that's just me.

Back