Best HDD Deals (considering the Floo

Finny76

[H]ard|Gawd
These are the BEST DEALS i found on HDDs. As everyone knows the Thailand floods has caused a massive shortage of HDDs and the supply is short as compared to the demand.
Prices are going to increase
over the year. These are the best deals i found out so far, since NEWEGG prices are ridiculous. Feel free to post links and prices.

These are the BEST prices i found for HDDs less than $99 @Microcenter!:

It is over $100 so not sure if anyone would be willing to pay that much for 1TB... Plus it says sold out at my local store!??!

:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Considering the similar drives on newegg are 220.......in stock in 6 stores near me...

It os over $100 so not sure if anyone would be willing to pay that much for 1TB... Plus it says sold out at my local store!??!

:confused:

What?! You can get a 2TB WD drive for much cheaperrrrr. Just take it apart and you have a good WD drive :)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...mp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B002QEBMCI

$114 shipped here for 2TB so why would you pay $120 for half the space? I heard there is a shortage, but damnnnn that just shows how bad WORST Buy's store is :p

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Exactly. take the Extra HDDS and hut them out to use internal ones!

After some time there will be a shortage of External HDDS!

If you can get by with what you have now or re-using older drives, do it. No sense in paying 200+% now if you can wait for Thailand to recover.

What !?!? fuck up your warranty. All i was doing is giving a link to where you could buy a SPECIFIC drive cheaper than other places, i could give two shits about you finding a WD Green in an enclosure that as soon as you open it you lose the warranty. The WD Black has a 5 yr. warranty last I checked......get off your bloody high horse and realize what the hell i was posting

What?! You can get a 2TB WD drive for much cheaperrrrr. Just take it apart and you have a good WD drive :)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...mp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B002QEBMCI

$114 shipped here for 2TB so why would you pay $120 for half the space? I heard there is a shortage, but damnnnn that just shows how bad WORST Buy's store is :p

Don't buy HDD's now...

and what...wait 2 years for the price to get back to what they are now?

people cant wait for HDD prices to drop! yeah it pains me to pay $!00+ for 1TB HDDS, but what can you do?

F!@!%# the Thailand floods! :mad:

Don't buy HDD's now...

and what...wait 2 years for the price to get back to what they are now?

people cant wait for HDD prices to drop! yeah it pains me to pay $!00+ for 1TB HDDS, but what can you do?

F!@!%# the Thailand floods! :mad:

I'm still lol @ the guys that bought their HDD a month ago trying to capitalize. I'm just going to suck it up, go to Best Buy and get 3 2TB drives to put in my NAS.

What !?!? fuck up your warranty. All i was doing is giving a link to where you could buy a SPECIFIC drive cheaper than other places, i could give two shits about you finding a WD Green in an enclosure that as soon as you open it you lose the warranty. The WD Black has a 5 yr. warranty last I checked......get off your bloody high horse and realize what the hell i was posting

Checked every serial number on the drives i took out of their enclosures, they all have a 1 year warranty.

in 2 years if that drive takes a shit on me i could probably buy a 2TB drive off the forum for $40...5 years ago i bought 2 WD 160GB hard drives that i'm still using now so i'll take that risk any day. Sure you don't get a 5 year warranty but you get a 2TB drive for over 1/2 the price...kind of a moot point

id rather NOT a buy a HDD unless it has a full warranty like an OEM and RETAIL box drive!
Not worth gutting the drive out and taking a risk :S

why are you guys busting his balls over what is a great idea... buy a harddrive for 1/2 off with a 1 year warranty. sounds good to me.. what's the big darn deal??

External 2TB Hitachi's at Office Max B&M's for $77 + tax. YMMV on those. Most are saying they are 7200's inside. Haven't opened mine yet.

I'm at the point where I would just not buy a harddrive right now. The prices are stupid. TG I have a spare 1tb black. Refurbs are selling for more than new drives cost a month ago...

I'm at the point where I would just not buy a harddrive right now. The prices are stupid. TG I have a spare 1tb black. Refurbs are selling for more than new drives cost a month ago...

It is only going to get worse with time... IT will take a while for the drives to get back to $50/1Tb

why are you guys busting his balls over what is a great idea... buy a harddrive for 1/2 off with a 1 year warranty. sounds good to me.. what's the big darn deal??
Those drives will have no warranty because they know which drives were put into enclosures by the serial.

If no warranty doesn't bother you, go for it.

Those drives will have no warranty because they know which drives were put into enclosures by the serial.

If no warranty doesn't bother you, go for it.

I've entered the serial numbers of all 6 of them on the WD website...everyone showed a 1 year warranty...besides how many people out there are gonna use the 5 year warranty anyway? in 5 years most users here would have upgraded. 5 years ago i bought 2 160GB WD hard drives and i upgraded to a 500GB hdd 2 years ago.

before the HDD crisis HDD prices were so low anyway you'd be a fool not to back up your shit...so a 5 year warranty was a fucking moot point...and it's a moot point now if you can get a drive with a 1 year warranty for over 1/2 the price

SSD drives are a better deal now

no where near a better deal if you do $/GB

Back